Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
Blackcat31 07:51 AM 06-05-2012
Originally Posted by Bookworm:
We had a parent come to us one morning asking for help with controlling her son's tantrums every morning. We gave her the usual advice: quick kisses and leave, give him wave at the window then get in her car and leave. The thing is, DCB only does this because she feeds into it and he can get what he wants. With us however, is is an angel.

Fast forward to this morning. DCB comes in acting like a newborn fool. Jumping up and down screaming yanking on mom arm begging to be picked up. One of the teachers went over to DCB and told him to stop it. She told him that he is too big to act like that and he's big enough to walk in by himself. She gave him a tissue, told him to give mom a kiss and took his hand to walk him to the window to say goodbye. Well, my Director called us (3 teachers) in the office. She told us DCB's mom was highly offended because DCB was called out on his actions and she felt we ganged up on her and we didn't respect her son's right to have a tantrum. We burst out laughing. She also put in her notice because we don't respect her son's rights and she doesn't feel comfortable leaving him with people who don't respect him. We are slowly but surely weeding out the crazy.
...there are no words
Sugar Magnolia 10:19 AM 06-05-2012
I had a family tour last week. They said they liked the place and wanted to sign up. Had an appointment set for friday to sign paperwork. No show, but did call to reschedule for monday, no show or call. Mom shows up with child in tow, no paperwork, just expecting to drop him off. Rude! I turned them away. Ugh. Now they want to start tomorrow. I should jettison them now!
AmyLeigh 09:54 AM 06-06-2012
I must be the last person who thinks PG 13 movies are inappropriate for preschoolers. Every week someone comes in bragging about a movie I won't allow my children to watch.

On a side note, Dh's back is worse this week and I am stressed out watching him be in so much pain. I don't know if I should scream, cry or throw up.
countrymom 10:52 AM 06-06-2012
Originally Posted by AmyLeigh:
I must be the last person who thinks PG 13 movies are inappropriate for preschoolers. Every week someone comes in bragging about a movie I won't allow my children to watch.

On a side note, Dh's back is worse this week and I am stressed out watching him be in so much pain. I don't know if I should scream, cry or throw up.
yes, about the movie thing. I have a newly turned 4 yr old who plays very violent xbox games and the language is unreal. They let him play what he wants and watch what he wants just so he leaves them alone.
pootmcgoot 02:09 PM 06-06-2012
Well dcb has eczema that dcm is oblivious to. He also has a cold. I'm steaming him in the bathroom then sucking his nose/throat. The steam has flared his eczema. His face and neck are bright red and angry! I've treated it with ointment and cold compresses. Still looks bad. I hope when dcm gets here that she's not mad cuz he looks horrible!
Lyss 09:54 PM 06-06-2012
Ugh! Been working with DCP of my resident screamer, to hopefully avoid termination, and they've been really good about working with DCG (6mo) at home (not holding her 24/7, putting her down to sleep instead of holding...) so we've made progress but this week has been terrible! I'm honest with DCP about her days and today DCD says to me "well we've done our part, guess your doing something she doesn't like- Maybe it's nanny cam time"

I'm pretty sure he was joking (he has a weird sense of humor), but seriously?!
BusyBee 11:11 AM 06-07-2012
Oh, how I wish I could just quit my job. Or at least term all my SA...

My mantra for the day is supposed to be "I'm happy and I love my job." It lasted through lunch at least...
jokalima 02:32 PM 06-08-2012
OHHH! I have this little girl that is driving me crazy, she only wants to bother her friends, hit them, take their toys away, and if I offer one of the same toy so there is no fighting she does not want the one I offer her, she wants the one the others are using. If the kids are playing nicely she goes and hits them just because, I call her name like a thousands times and she ignores me, I finally end up raising my voice and she keeps ignoring me, if I go next to her so she can look at me she smiles like she is being funny!

Oh I can't stand her, is that to bad for me to say? What can I do?
jokalima 02:42 PM 06-08-2012
AHH and another thing, if I send a plastic bag with puked clothes in it why on earth would you send the bag back to me? Just throw it the trash!
littlemisssunshine 09:19 PM 06-08-2012
How is it that I can make snack, put it out on the table, tell the kids snack is ready and they don't notice....yet if I quietly take a bite out of my personal chocolate stash, they surround me within seconds asking for some??
hahaha EXACTLY!!! I TOO WONDER THIS
queenbee 06:51 PM 06-11-2012
My 13mo daycare baby came back today from a week long vacation of being taken care of by her grandparents.

If I could, I would ban all grandparents from visiting my daycare kids during the week. Only on weekends are they allowed to spoil their grandbabies up on sugar, love and spoiled rotten-ness.

It doesn't help that this baby screams like she's being murdered. I had four neighbors come to check up on the noise today

Ahhh.....Mondays.
BumbleBee 08:36 PM 06-11-2012
Originally Posted by jokalima:
AHH and another thing, if I send a plastic bag with puked clothes in it why on earth would you send the bag back to me? Just throw it the trash!
This has happened to me before when I worked in a center. All I can say is YUCK!
Bookworm 02:09 PM 06-12-2012
Originally Posted by littlemisssunshine:
hahaha EXACTLY!!! I TOO WONDER THIS
How about Yemen you bring something in that you are 1000% percent sure that they will hate (olives or hummus), you give in to the begging and let them taste it and they love it and ask for it all the time. I'm all for them trying new thing but does it have to be my things.
Unregistered 06:29 PM 06-12-2012
I think I may need a break from daycare and maybe a break from everything! I ran to the grocery tonight (late) after giving my final warning to a dcp about being late.I charged them 45 dollars and told them it WAS their last warning.
So already in a bad mood I head to the grocery and some guy swipes my car as he's pulling into the parking spot besides me.
I got out and tried to stay calm but he went off,yelling and cussing about it because it was a brand new car. Again,I let him rant before I said anything because I knew what i would have to say would not be pretty.Well he must not of liked the smirk I had on my face because he grabbed my arm and said-"oh,you think this is funny,B*&^%!"
I'd like to say I could tell you exactly what happened after that but I WENT OFF!!! I punched this guy in the throat,threw him to the ground(somehow?) and kicked him.I completely lost it.I am not a violent person in any way so I don't know what happened but I guess I went into protection mode.The police came and I thought I was going to get arrested for sure but they had it all on camera where he grabbed my arm.I can't believe this happened.I'm still in shock.What shocks me the most is I was so mad I wanted to kill this man.I have never felt like this in my life.
He kept saying he wanted to press charges,the police officer told him to shut up before he charged him with more stuff.
It was wild! What a night! I can't even go to sleep now I'm still so worked uo but I'm almost ashamed of my reaction to tell anybody.So that's why I'm putting it under vent!
Buxterboo 03:18 PM 06-14-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I think I may need a break from daycare and maybe a break from everything! I ran to the grocery tonight (late) after giving my final warning to a dcp about being late.I charged them 45 dollars and told them it WAS their last warning.
So already in a bad mood I head to the grocery and some guy swipes my car as he's pulling into the parking spot besides me.
I got out and tried to stay calm but he went off,yelling and cussing about it because it was a brand new car. Again,I let him rant before I said anything because I knew what i would have to say would not be pretty.Well he must not of liked the smirk I had on my face because he grabbed my arm and said-"oh,you think this is funny,B*&^%!"
I'd like to say I could tell you exactly what happened after that but I WENT OFF!!! I punched this guy in the throat,threw him to the ground(somehow?) and kicked him.I completely lost it.I am not a violent person in any way so I don't know what happened but I guess I went into protection mode.The police came and I thought I was going to get arrested for sure but they had it all on camera where he grabbed my arm.I can't believe this happened.I'm still in shock.What shocks me the most is I was so mad I wanted to kill this man.I have never felt like this in my life.
He kept saying he wanted to press charges,the police officer told him to shut up before he charged him with more stuff.
It was wild! What a night! I can't even go to sleep now I'm still so worked uo but I'm almost ashamed of my reaction to tell anybody.So that's why I'm putting it under vent!
Good for you! Im glad you stood up for yourself! A grown person should NEVER grab someone like that. I hope that I would have the courage to do the same thing you did!
ckjm 10:26 PM 06-14-2012
why do you walk in my house talking about "yea, daddys off today, but mommys not!" and how your other kid has cavities so only give this one 100% juice no hawaiian punch. -- Its not, its crystal light, sugar free. ---still, just juice. grrrrr!!!!!!!
I've done in-home daycare for six years now have 3 boys of my own. My boys kept coming up with cavities even tho we were brushing regularly. The dentist asked what the boys usually drank. I said milk, water, & crystal light. I too felt that crystal light was much better to give your children. The dentist immediately corrected me & said that is a common misconception because it's sugar free, however, the acids in crystal light can be more harming to your teeth then letting your child drink koolaid or pop!! who would've EVER thought! I immediately quit the crystal light products! Doesn't this parent know that if their little one is coming up with cavities, milk & water are always the best thing for their teeth!!
SilverSabre25 05:19 AM 06-21-2012
Minor vent today :P

I call myself "name" to the kids and parents. I have had a couple of parents refer to me as "Miss Name" but the kids never caught on to it, thank goodness (I HATE it)

DCB has been out for most of a month (mom had some major health issues and was out of work). He came back calling me Miss Name or Grammy. Grammy I can live with (even though I'm 26) but Miss Name gets under my skin and is sooo annoying. Gah! Wonder how long it will take to break him of this...
AmyLeigh 01:07 PM 06-21-2012
DCM told her 2 boys that they may be moving out of town. Now, the 5 yo, whom I have worked very hard to bond with over the last year and a half, is behaving as if he hates me. Disobedient to no end, cops an attitude with everything I say, acting like a little punk, full blown tantrums, the whole enchilada. I can't help but wonder if the behavior and news go hand in hand. Today's field trip just about put me over the edge when the 5 yo peed in the bushes outside a city building!!! He "didn't know" that there were bathrooms inside or that he should have told me he had to go.
DCM hasn't said anything to me specifically about this, so I may ask her about it just for my own planning purposes. If they do move, all I would need to replace the income would be one FT preschooler. That would be nice. Peace would reign in my house again.
pootmcgoot 04:05 AM 06-25-2012
Yay screaming at 5 am ! He'll squawk his blood curdling scream for 30 seconds hush for 30 lather rinse repeat alll day. I pick him up and he still doesn't stop. He's showing me that putting frozen milk in the freezer before I take hm out of the car seat is unacceptable!
saved4always 05:17 AM 06-25-2012
Originally Posted by pootmcgoot:
Yay screaming at 5 am ! He'll squawk his blood curdling scream for 30 seconds hush for 30 lather rinse repeat alll day. I pick him up and he still doesn't stop. He's showing me that putting frozen milk in the freezer before I take hm out of the car seat is unacceptable!
That is the worst when they won't even stop crying if you pick them up. I hope that he gets over this stage for you asap!
Lyss 12:56 PM 06-25-2012
UGH! our neighbors (by neighbors I mean the people a block away) partied until 2am when the police finally shut them down. The noise was terrible! Kept me, my husband, and 6mo old up as well as most of the neighbors.

THEN...

after we had all successfully returned to sleep at 3:00am I hear a loud banging, pictures on our wall begin shaking, and we hear the sound of rushing water. Apparently there is a water main directly in front of our house (runs underneath) and it burst, sending water gushing across our lawn and down the street! So a city water crew shows up at 3:30am and begins cutting concrete and replacing the main.

And while that's going on the drunks from the party down the street (who where actually the ones that reported the burst main to the city first) come down and begin cussing out and trying to fight the city workers trying to fix the main, cop show up and there's a huge scuffle... more cops...

Finally at 6:00am the cops had carted the drunks away, the main was fixed, and all was quiet. So I got to sleep from 6:15 to 7:45 then up for DCKs to arrive.

I thought that was it! But wait it's not. The city just showed up to replace the temporary fix they placed on the main... DCK just went down for nap I can't wait for tomorrow!
Country Kids 01:01 PM 06-25-2012
Originally Posted by Lyss:
UGH! our neighbors (by neighbors I mean the people a block away) partied until 2am when the police finally shut them down. The noise was terrible! Kept me, my husband, and 6mo old up as well as most of the neighbors.

THEN...

after we had all successfully returned to sleep at 3:00am I hear a loud banging, pictures on our wall begin shaking, and we hear the sound of rushing water. Apparently there is a water main directly in front of our house (runs underneath) and it burst, sending water gushing across our lawn and down the street! So a city water crew shows up at 3:30am and begins cutting concrete and replacing the main.

And while that's going on the drunks from the party down the street (who where actually the ones that reported the burst main to the city first) come down and begin cussing out and trying to fight the city workers trying to fix the main, cop show up and there's a huge scuffle... more cops...

Finally at 6:00am the cops had carted the drunks away, the main was fixed, and all was quiet. So I got to sleep from 6:15 to 7:45 then up for DCKs to arrive.

I thought that was it! But wait it's not. The city just showed up to replace the temporary fix they placed on the main... DCK just went down for nap I can't wait for tomorrow!
Our street sweeper ALWAYS goes by twice during naptime! It never has failed in 17 years.
BumbleBee 04:25 PM 06-25-2012
Busted my knee last night. Swollen and painful as heck. Can't bend it without shooting pain. Doctor said hairline fracture, just takes time to heal.

I've got sooooo much to do between now and August 20th. Not the best time to bust my knee up. Ice and ibprofen are only doing so much. Grrrrrrrr.
delferka 06:48 PM 06-25-2012
Maybe we all need to start drinking before the kids get here!!!!!!!
Bryce Polk 07:52 AM 06-26-2012
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
Busted my knee last night. Swollen and painful as heck. Can't bend it without shooting pain. Doctor said hairline fracture, just takes time to heal..
Anything injury related to your joints and your back, you always want to take it super easy. It imperative that your body gets the proper rest it needs so that you can heal. Knee injuries can bring a life time of random inconvenient spurts of pain & discompfort if not healed, treated, and rehabilitated properly.

rest, rest, rest
SilverSabre25 03:30 PM 06-26-2012
And now, for some hitting my head on the desk in a fit of frustration and woe. Let the pity party commence!

[pityparty]

yhuggtfgtfvgtfvbgvfbggfbvdfgvcdlkjsdffflsdasd;aslaef

[/pityparty]

I feel a little bit better at least...
SilverSabre25 03:41 PM 06-26-2012
...and then I realize that my Doorknob Head (aka "DH") left the kitchen gate open and the baby got in and destroyed another stick of butter. He got it all over himself, his hands, his face, his clothes, the table, the chair, the STAIRS, and the front door.

I think I need chocolate...or a stiff drink.

And I don't drink.
BumbleBee 04:22 PM 06-26-2012
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:

And I don't drink.
Chocolate Martini, or a mudslide!
SilverSabre25 04:24 PM 06-26-2012
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
Chocolate Martini, or a mudslide!
I could go for a mudslide, lol. That sounds good. If only I had the capacity to go get one!
saved4always 05:16 AM 06-27-2012
...and then I realize that my Doorknob Head (aka "DH") left the kitchen gate open and the baby got in and destroyed another stick of butter. He got it all over himself, his hands, his face, his clothes, the table, the chair, the STAIRS, and the front door.

And I don't drink.
Chocolate martinis will fulfill both of those. I hope your day gets better!
Bryce Polk 07:45 AM 06-27-2012
And now, for some hitting my head on the desk in a fit of frustration and woe. Let the pity party commence!

[pityparty]

yhuggtfgtfvgtfvbgvfbggfbvdfgvcdlkjsdffflsdasd;aslaef

[/pityparty]

I feel a little bit better at least...
I love internet humor, hahaha.. okay serious face.. -_-

Anyone plan on posting pics of their daycare in the daycare picture thread?

We got a photographer in today, for the kiddos.. its picture day XO..

It's hard not to fall inlove with these kids.. they soo "cuuuuute" ^_^
sahm2three 09:11 AM 06-28-2012
Dear Lord, please give me the strength to outlast my screamer today. He has really been at it this week and I am worn out. Thank you! And Amen!

I need a "banging my head against a wall" smilie.
Bryce Polk 01:37 PM 06-28-2012
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
I need a "banging my head against a wall" smilie.
HAHAHA.. good stuff ..

"I just signed up a new student for August" Yaaay.

I always take their non refundable pre-registration fees early. This way I can get an early commitment out of them not to mention the extra finances help with the summer lull..

I feel great, no venting from me...

Maybe its just me but everytime I "recruit" a new kiddo, i get butterflies... ^_^

Reminds me of why I got into the daycare business to begin with.
MyAngels 05:18 PM 06-29-2012
I spent the entire naptime today on the phone just trying to get ballpark quotes for a new central ac system for my house. Ours is okay, just old. Of course no one can just give me the info over the phone, they have to come out to give estimates. Oh well, their time to waste I suppose.

Meanwhile, my power went out for three hours during the hottest part of the hottest day of the summer (over 105 here). The reason? "Scheduled maintenance" by the power company. Seriously, you couldn't reschedule for a cooler day, or at least during a cooler part of the day ? My house has finally cooled down to 80 degrees .

On the upside I'm making hubby take me out to dinner because I've suffered so today .
BumbleBee 06:03 PM 06-29-2012
Originally Posted by MyAngels:

On the upside I'm making hubby take me out to dinner because I've suffered so today .
Enjoy dinner!
SilverSabre25 05:23 AM 06-30-2012
I spent the entire naptime today on the phone just trying to get ballpark quotes for a new central ac system for my house. Ours is okay, just old. Of course no one can just give me the info over the phone, they have to come out to give estimates. Oh well, their time to waste I suppose.

Meanwhile, my power went out for three hours during the hottest part of the hottest day of the summer (over 105 here). The reason? "Scheduled maintenance" by the power company. Seriously, you couldn't reschedule for a cooler day, or at least during a cooler part of the day ? My house has finally cooled down to 80 degrees .

Yeah we had a massive storm roll through here last night and it blew out the power for almost 200,000 people in my county alone. Ours came back on at 2 AM but plenty of people might be without power for a week or more

I wanted to go out to dinner last night given the lack of power, but I was trapped here with four kids and no car to transport them in.

Hope you enjoyed dinner, and get a good quote on a great new AC!
Bryce Polk 09:26 PM 06-30-2012

I know how you feel, im from Texas

We called an AC guy out to take a look at why one of our AC units was freezing while the other was bareley blowing in the toddler room..

Come to find out, the oringinal installer just split the ducts off one AC unit instead of running two seperate channels, one for each unit, in order to save money for himself.

Uhhh, Integrity and hard work are a forgotton virtue these days
AmyLeigh 11:39 AM 07-05-2012
Six more weeks til school starts. Six more weeks, six more weeks......
Bella99 12:10 PM 07-10-2012
Originally Posted by pootmcgoot:
Well dcb has eczema that dcm is oblivious to. He also has a cold. I'm steaming him in the bathroom then sucking his nose/throat. The steam has flared his eczema. His face and neck are bright red and angry! I've treated it with ointment and cold compresses. Still looks bad. I hope when dcm gets here that she's not mad cuz he looks horrible!
Poor bub I have bad eczema on my hands.. flare ups suck!

I once went to a restaurant, and after using the washroom without even paying attention I put 'soap' in my hands, which turned out to be a tester for the new Purell with Moisturizer. Cue the sobbing. When i'm out, and away from my script, I use chapstick (I scrape some off with the lid) and it works like a charm. So i'm assuming vaseline would work too, since it's pretty much what chapstick is, if you ever get caught in that situation again.
MNMum 08:36 AM 07-11-2012
Dear Daycare Parent:

Just because your 18 mo old says the word milk repeatedly on the car ride home, does not mean that I deprived your child today.

Ughhh. Child will only drink milk from her bottle. Drinks water just fine from the sippy. I am on the food program and follow it. I do give her a bottle of milk prior to nap, otherwise she will go all day without. At home she gets about 4 bottles of milk per day, still. Also has her pacifier with her at all times. Here, she only needs it for naps(in fact, she napped fine without it one day). I re - explained to mom that the food program does not require milk with snacks. And I re-explained what a serving of milk is, and how many per day is necessary. This child hardly eats anything solid as she is still getting her hunger needs met through the milk.
Breezy 10:16 AM 07-11-2012
Originally Posted by MNMum:
Dear Daycare Parent:

Just because your 18 mo old says the word milk repeatedly on the car ride home, does not mean that I deprived your child today.

Ughhh. Child will only drink milk from her bottle. Drinks water just fine from the sippy. I am on the food program and follow it. I do give her a bottle of milk prior to nap, otherwise she will go all day without. At home she gets about 4 bottles of milk per day, still. Also has her pacifier with her at all times. Here, she only needs it for naps(in fact, she napped fine without it one day). I re - explained to mom that the food program does not require milk with snacks. And I re-explained what a serving of milk is, and how many per day is necessary. This child hardly eats anything solid as she is still getting her hunger needs met through the milk.
Lazy parenting!!
bork276 11:08 AM 07-11-2012
i had a daycare mom today that was supposed to show up at 7:30 doesn't show up until 10:30 (no phone call, etc) and then tells me that there is a bag attached to her baby to collect a urine specimen which i will need to collect and put in my fridge and then walked out. i was so baffled that i didn't get a chance to say hell no. for one i don't have time and two i had no clue how to even due it. so i go to change her and she had pooped so i'm sure the entire specimen is contaminated now and oh the tape caused baby pain so she was screaming at the top of her lungs! Oh and did i mention mom isn't working today. why wouldn't you do this before you dropped her off!
Kiki 11:22 AM 07-11-2012
Originally Posted by bork276:
i had a daycare mom today that was supposed to show up at 7:30 doesn't show up until 10:30 (no phone call, etc) and then tells me that there is a bag attached to her baby to collect a urine specimen which i will need to collect and put in my fridge and then walked out. i was so baffled that i didn't get a chance to say hell no. for one i don't have time and two i had no clue how to even due it. so i go to change her and she had pooped so i'm sure the entire specimen is contaminated now and oh the tape caused baby pain so she was screaming at the top of her lungs! Oh and did i mention mom isn't working today. why wouldn't you do this before you dropped her off!

Health Codes? Sorry, nobodies urine is going in my fridge. Especially a child that does not belong to me. I would have been furious, and ran out the door and said to take the child home.
saved4always 01:51 PM 07-11-2012
Originally Posted by Kiki:

Health Codes? Sorry, nobodies urine is going in my fridge. Especially a child that does not belong to me. I would have been furious, and ran out the door and said to take the child home.
Me, too....there is no way I would do that for anyone but my own child. Mom needs to do that herself. I don't understand a parent that would even trust someone else to do this kind of thing.
rhondawarren 04:30 AM 07-12-2012
GM Everyone!

Gotta love providing childcare on weeks like this one. I had gotten a little frustrated with the whole babysitting because, it seemed like I got people that did not want to pay, their kids did not listen or ... a mixture of both. So I actually backed off on posting childcare ads and just continued babysitting the one little boy that I have had for almost a year. I am also working my own business online so I backed off from babysitting a little to work more on that. Well I decided to go ahead and post another babysitting ad just to fill a spot or two earn a little extra cash since I was home anyways ...

I had a new little girl start yesterday morning. I agreed to get up at 5am so that I could watch her at 6am every morning. She came yesterday and everything was fine. I was suppose to watch her in the morning and then my regular little boy was suppose to come yesterday too. The little girl left at 10am as scheduled but still no little boy ... So I text his mom at noon. Didnt hear anything back, so at about 2:30p I text his dad. So he finally text me back at 3pm and says oh ... Im sorry did I forget to text you, he wont be coming today because he is going to his cousins to play. The frustrating part is that I had things to do for my online business and couldnt go and get those done because I was home waiting on him to show up.

Well this morning I get up at 5am, shower and head downstairs ready to babysit the new little girl that would be here at 6am. I get a call at 5:55am letting me know that she will not be here until 9am (now our agreed schedule for this little girl is 6am - 10am). So her mom says I was going to call you last night but I didnt. Then she says well her dad will call you this morning and talk to you for sure to let you know for sure what time but, I think he will be there around 9am, so you can go back to bed if you want. I said I said I am sorry but I cannot "go back to bed" now I have already had my shower and gotten ready. I explained to her that it would have been nice to know this the night before. Then she again apoligized. She said that she should be here at 9am. So I said if she is coming at 9am then when do you all think you are picking her up? She said oh .... I guess around noon or so. Now I already had plans to run some errands for things I needed to get done once she was picked up at noon because I had no more kids for the rest of the day.

That is soooo frustrating! I cannot wait until I get my business up and going so I wont have to deal with babysitting anymore. Its getting pretty frustrating when people cant even tell you the truth or do something you agree upon. Ugh!

Anyways .... thats my vent for the morning!

Now ... Im waiting to see if she is actually going to be here at 9am.
saved4always 04:48 AM 07-12-2012
Originally Posted by rhondawarren:
GM Everyone!

Gotta love providing childcare on weeks like this one. I had gotten a little frustrated with the whole babysitting because, it seemed like I got people that did not want to pay, their kids did not listen or ... a mixture of both. So I actually backed off on posting childcare ads and just continued babysitting the one little boy that I have had for almost a year. I am also working my own business online so I backed off from babysitting a little to work more on that. Well I decided to go ahead and post another babysitting ad just to fill a spot or two earn a little extra cash since I was home anyways ...

I had a new little girl start yesterday morning. I agreed to get up at 5am so that I could watch her at 6am every morning. She came yesterday and everything was fine. I was suppose to watch her in the morning and then my regular little boy was suppose to come yesterday too. The little girl left at 10am as scheduled but still no little boy ... So I text his mom at noon. Didnt hear anything back, so at about 2:30p I text his dad. So he finally text me back at 3pm and says oh ... Im sorry did I forget to text you, he wont be coming today because he is going to his cousins to play. The frustrating part is that I had things to do for my online business and couldnt go and get those done because I was home waiting on him to show up.

Well this morning I get up at 5am, shower and head downstairs ready to babysit the new little girl that would be here at 6am. I get a call at 5:55am letting me know that she will not be here until 9am (now our agreed schedule for this little girl is 6am - 10am). So her mom says I was going to call you last night but I didnt. Then she says well her dad will call you this morning and talk to you for sure to let you know for sure what time but, I think he will be there around 9am, so you can go back to bed if you want. I said I said I am sorry but I cannot "go back to bed" now I have already had my shower and gotten ready. I explained to her that it would have been nice to know this the night before. Then she again apoligized. She said that she should be here at 9am. So I said if she is coming at 9am then when do you all think you are picking her up? She said oh .... I guess around noon or so. Now I already had plans to run some errands for things I needed to get done once she was picked up at noon because I had no more kids for the rest of the day.

That is soooo frustrating! I cannot wait until I get my business up and going so I wont have to deal with babysitting anymore. Its getting pretty frustrating when people cant even tell you the truth or do something you agree upon. Ugh!

Anyways .... thats my vent for the morning!

Now ... Im waiting to see if she is actually going to be here at 9am.
I am sorry you have had a rough couple days. That is one of the worst when you get up extra early for someone and they don't show up. I value every minute of sleep so I would be upset, too. I hope the one yesterday has to pay you even since they were a no call, no show. That is just rude of both of them. Unfortunately, nobody values our time the way we do. I hope your day gets better and that your online business is a huge success!
rhondawarren 05:33 AM 07-12-2012
Originally Posted by saved4always:
I am sorry you have had a rough couple days. That is one of the worst when you get up extra early for someone and they don't show up. I value every minute of sleep so I would be upset, too. I hope the one yesterday has to pay you even since they were a no call, no show. That is just rude of both of them. Unfortunately, nobody values our time the way we do. I hope your day gets better and that your online business is a huge success!
Thanks so much! My time is super important to me. I have three kids, they are on summer break so every moment that I can that I am not babysitting or working on my business then I like to spend that time doing something with them. Not to mentian when I have important things that I need to get done away from my house that are for my business and cant do that simply because I am "waiting" on someone to show. That to me is a waste of time. We do not get paid enough money to just wait around for someone to come if they feel like it, sorry doesnt work that way. In fact ... If I spent that time on my online business then I could be replacing my income completely but, I am doing it for extra money which in turn is probably only costing me money because time is money in some senses

Thanks again! So far I still havent heard from the one that is suppose to show up at 9am. He was suppose to call me to let me know the hours for today. Here it is after 8:30am and Ive heard nothing from him. Maybe they plan on calling me at 8:55am letting me know they are outside or maybe not even coming ... who knows

Im not going to let it ruin my week though! Im using that as motivation to move my online business faster!!!
rhondawarren 05:57 AM 07-12-2012
Thanks so much! My time is super important to me. I have three kids, they are on summer break so every moment that I can that I am not babysitting or working on my business then I like to spend that time doing something with them. Not to mentian when I have important things that I need to get done away from my house that are for my business and cant do that simply because I am "waiting" on someone to show. That to me is a waste of time. We do not get paid enough money to just wait around for someone to come if they feel like it, sorry doesnt work that way. In fact ... If I spent that time on my online business then I could be replacing my income completely but, I am doing it for extra money which in turn is probably only costing me money because time is money in some senses

Thanks again! So far I still havent heard from the one that is suppose to show up at 9am. He was suppose to call me to let me know the hours for today. Here it is after 8:30am and Ive heard nothing from him. Maybe they plan on calling me at 8:55am letting me know they are outside or maybe not even coming ... who knows

Im not going to let it ruin my week though! Im using that as motivation to move my online business faster!!!

Ahhhh they just now called me (guess the dad is done sleeping now). She was going to be here at 9am and picked up at 12pm ((this was the new schedule they came up with on their own today)). Now its she will be here at 9:30am and hopefully picked up no later than 1:30p today!
SunshineMama 11:07 AM 07-12-2012
I'm watching my friends child today as a favor and the child is whiny and spoiled. I have known the child since birth and have been playing with her weekly, but ever since both of her parents are on summer break she is turning into such a demanding whiny spoiled brat. She picks on the other kids and takes their toys, kicks them under the table, and then whines and cries every time I correct her behavior, calling out for her parents. I love this child like she is my niece and treat her like family. I don't allow her to act out at my house, and correct her in a loving manner. I'm just irritated and have a headache now from dealing with her.
saved4always 02:24 PM 07-12-2012
Ahhhh they just now called me (guess the dad is done sleeping now). She was going to be here at 9am and picked up at 12pm ((this was the new schedule they came up with on their own today)). Now its she will be here at 9:30am and hopefully picked up no later than 1:30p today!
They are lucky that you let them change it without asking like that. I hope the rest of your day was awesome and that they picked up in time for you to get something done today.
mema 02:33 PM 07-12-2012
Soooo stressed. Dh's new job stinks. The money, the hours, the benefits, all of it. As much as I hated his old job, I kind of wish he still had it. At least then I could pay the bills on time. Hopefully something else will come along soon. I love my house, but after next month, we won't be able to afford it. I could take more kids, but I would be completely out of my comfort zone and I can't even find ones to replace the ones that are leaving let alone extras.

The kids are not listening at all. They just want to sit and whine. I rearranged the whole room and switched out toys. Doesn't matter. They all stand and stare at the bins and wait for someone to grab something, then they all grab from there and sit with it in their lap and stare at it whining how boring it is.

Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday!
AmyLeigh 10:35 AM 07-13-2012
Five more weeks til school starts...five more weeks....
daycarediva 09:38 AM 07-16-2012
I would take a dozen toddlers over my 2 sa kids anyday. Mondays especially. I think they were raised by wolves over the weekend!
AmyLeigh 12:40 PM 07-16-2012
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I would take a dozen toddlers over my 2 sa kids anyday. Mondays especially. I think they were raised by wolves over the weekend!
Thus my weekly countdown.
SilverSabre25 01:11 PM 07-16-2012
I heard DCB in DS's room (DCB is 4, DS is 1). I called DCB out here. "Do you have permission to be back there?"
'DCB: "Yes."
Me: "Oh really? Who gave you permission?"
DCB: *silence* *silence* "Nobobdy"
Me: "That's what i thought. Should you be back there without permission?"
DCB: "No."
Me: "Well at least you know the rules..."

This is five minutes after I dealt with DCB complaining about DS toddling out of his own room clutching some of his own cars, and then toddling back into his own room. "Dat Baby not sharing his cars." "That baby doesn't have to share them, they are his private toys."
momma2girls 06:12 AM 07-17-2012
So a daycare family called and gave notice yesterday. I have been holding a spot for them over the Summer. They have been lieing to me over and over!! They take off on vac. or sick days, and leave their kids here. I have taken 2 vac. days so far this yr. and they told me they do not have any more vac. days themselves to use, and just do not know what to do, with my other vac. days owed to me this yr. They are late once in a while. They say and write things to try and make me look bad- such as we don't have any vac. days left, because of you taking yours, etc.... I explained to them, that I have only taken 2 days off this yr. so far. GRRRR!!!! DAYCARE DRAMA!!!!!
countrymom 10:43 AM 07-17-2012
well, I had to wash dcb's clothes because he threw up on them because I seriously think there is something wrong with this child (he doesn't chew right and chews applesauce) well my laundry soap was on the washing machine, and it fell, cracked the lid and soap is all over the floor. My ds alerted me to the mess. Urgh, and I can't shampoo it up because it would be sudsy.
BumbleBee 11:03 AM 07-17-2012
I hate it when you can't depend on people. I hate it even more when they don't bother to call to let you know that they aren't coming.
AmyLeigh 01:51 PM 07-17-2012
DCBs come in this morning with a bag of donuts and 2 liter of soda! WHAT? They smile really big and say mom said we can have this for snack! Ugh. I'm tempted to give it all to the two of them about 20 minutes before pick up. (Insert evil laugh here)

Then, when I do an impromptu trip to the park (it's only in the 80's here, unheard of for July), one of them is wandering around asking how much longer we are going to be there. I asked him if he didn't get enough sleep. Nope, he said he went to sleep at 11:45 last night. HE IS 7 YEARS OLD! There is no way I would let my kids stay up that late. Now, he is exhausted and giving me attitude. This is going to be fun because this afternoon, I am taking my kiddos to swim lessons then its out to the CSA to pick up our veggies. He hates to go anywhere, especially if it's not his idea. Cue the whining.

Four more weeks til school....four more weeks...
momma2girls 05:34 AM 07-18-2012
She comes in, gives me my check, on what is all owed to me. She says the only reason why they are leaving, she thinks it is ridiculous, and they can't afford to take off 10 days all yr. during my vac. I told her everyone deserves a paid vacation!! She argued with e a bit!! The family has been here nearly 3 yrs. have always paid me, til this yr. Now they are paying for 2 children in daycare, and doesn't think I deserve it!!! GRR!!! Now they are going to a center, on which I called to see what rates are- $225.00 for the infant, and $180.00 for the 2 yr. old. That is over $400.00 a week!! I charged $125.00 per child!!!!
rhondawarren 05:47 AM 07-20-2012
Had to let go of another family today. Had a new family start last week on Wed. They agreed to pay me $60 for that week and then the next week we agreed that on Friday they would pay me for that week and ahead for the next week since normally I require the payment up front. So I watched her on Wed. Got up Thur morning (even made earlier than my normal hours so that they could drop her off early), I waited for her to get there and she never showed. I finally got a text when she was suppose to be here that he lost his job and they wouldnt be able to bring her. So ... I didnt keep her Thur or Fri but got up at 5am Thur morning and showered so I would be ready for them to drop her off.

This week they didnt need a sitter on Monday, so they had me watch her yesterday (longer hours than we agreed normally) and they didnt bring me any money. So I sent her a message last night and she never text me bck. So I text her this morning and told her that she needed to bring me $20 for today when she drops the little girl off. (I was going to let yesterday go since they were having financial trouble) So I get a text from her this morning that said ... I dont see why I need to bring you $20 for today when I already paid you for last week. Well my rates are $60 a week for part time for 3 days or less. We discussed this when we first talked and they agreed. But now she felt that she shouldnt have to pay that. So I told her bring the $20 or dont bring her. So they got mad at me. I had thought about letting it go and just let them start paying again next week but they couldnt even tell me if they would be able to bring me the money for next week on Monday. So I figured ... its going to be an ongoing battle to be paid AND last night she text me and says "How many diapers were in her bag?" I said 5. Then I called her to see why she asked that. She said oh .... well great now I have no diapers left! Like she was mad at me.

They sent her in with shorts soaked from milk she had spilt all over herself and no extra clothes to change in to. Plus ... 5 diapers. The child was here ALL day! I changed her 4 times and was about to change her again when her mom got here. I was trying to make the diapers last but the little girl would pee and then stick her hand in her diaper and say ewwww and walk around trying to touch my kids. But they acted like I was trying to keep some of their diapers or something. So I told her look ... my kids are 12, 10 and 6. None of the kids I babysit for except for you daughter even wears diapers so ... I have no use for diapers.

So ........ to make a long story short she calls me yelling at me this morning, throwing the f word around so I said you know what .... I think you just need to find another sitter because I have no interest in watching your daughter anymore.

So her husband text me for like 15 minutes afterwards telling me how I was taking advantage of them and they would find a REAL daycare since I am just a babysitter! I stopped responding to his texts so he finally quit!

What is wrong with people? Ugh!

Cant wait until my checks are enough from my online business so I can stop babysitting its becoming more of a pain than enjoyment anymore!
saved4always 06:01 AM 07-20-2012
Had to let go of another family today. Had a new family start last week on Wed. They agreed to pay me $60 for that week and then the next week we agreed that on Friday they would pay me for that week and ahead for the next week since normally I require the payment up front. So I watched her on Wed. Got up Thur morning (even made earlier than my normal hours so that they could drop her off early), I waited for her to get there and she never showed. I finally got a text when she was suppose to be here that he lost his job and they wouldnt be able to bring her. So ... I didnt keep her Thur or Fri but got up at 5am Thur morning and showered so I would be ready for them to drop her off.

This week they didnt need a sitter on Monday, so they had me watch her yesterday (longer hours than we agreed normally) and they didnt bring me any money. So I sent her a message last night and she never text me bck. So I text her this morning and told her that she needed to bring me $20 for today when she drops the little girl off. (I was going to let yesterday go since they were having financial trouble) So I get a text from her this morning that said ... I dont see why I need to bring you $20 for today when I already paid you for last week. Well my rates are $60 a week for part time for 3 days or less. We discussed this when we first talked and they agreed. But now she felt that she shouldnt have to pay that. So I told her bring the $20 or dont bring her. So they got mad at me. I had thought about letting it go and just let them start paying again next week but they couldnt even tell me if they would be able to bring me the money for next week on Monday. So I figured ... its going to be an ongoing battle to be paid AND last night she text me and says "How many diapers were in her bag?" I said 5. Then I called her to see why she asked that. She said oh .... well great now I have no diapers left! Like she was mad at me.

They sent her in with shorts soaked from milk she had spilt all over herself and no extra clothes to change in to. Plus ... 5 diapers. The child was here ALL day! I changed her 4 times and was about to change her again when her mom got here. I was trying to make the diapers last but the little girl would pee and then stick her hand in her diaper and say ewwww and walk around trying to touch my kids. But they acted like I was trying to keep some of their diapers or something. So I told her look ... my kids are 12, 10 and 6. None of the kids I babysit for except for you daughter even wears diapers so ... I have no use for diapers.

So ........ to make a long story short she calls me yelling at me this morning, throwing the f word around so I said you know what .... I think you just need to find another sitter because I have no interest in watching your daughter anymore.

So her husband text me for like 15 minutes afterwards telling me how I was taking advantage of them and they would find a REAL daycare since I am just a babysitter! I stopped responding to his texts so he finally quit!

Cant wait until my checks are enough from my online business so I can stop babysitting its becoming more of a pain than enjoyment anymore!
I am sorry you had such a nasty experience with this family. They thought they could push you around and call all the shots but you showed them that they can't make up their own rules Good luck to them on thier search for a "real" daycare. They will probably have to go through a lot providers before they find the one desperate enough to put up with thier garbage. Congrats on getting away from what looks like it would have been an absolute nightmare family!
rhondawarren 06:09 AM 07-20-2012
Originally Posted by saved4always:
I am sorry you had such a nasty experience with this family. They thought they could push you around and call all the shots but you showed them that they can't make up their own rules Good luck to them on thier search for a "real" daycare. They will probably have to go through a lot providers before they find the one desperate enough to put up with thier garbage. Congrats on getting away from what looks like it would have been an absolute nightmare family!
Thanks so much! I couldnt believe them! They thought they could just pay me when and what they wanted to. But Im sorry .... it doesnt work that way not with me or any other "real" daycare they call. I am not licensed nor do I plan on getting licensed. I babysit for extra money while I am working on my online business. I am a mother of three children and my life is surrounded with kids and all about kids. So I take care of my babysitting kids just like I do my own children. So if she wants to send her to a "REAL" daycare she can and have her thrown in with tons of other kids then go ahead.

Some people I will never understand .... when I worked and had a sitter my sitter was paid on the spot, never did she ever have to ask me when or if Id be paying. She knew ... I will never understand someone just dropping their child off and expecting everything to be done as a favor. Get real! Thats all I can say!
mysonsmom1 08:52 AM 07-23-2012
Started my home daycare business with high hopes. Knowing that being with children is the best thing that I could have ever done. SOOOOO, what I quickly learned is that this can be a tough industry. I never really have problems with the children.. Even on their worst days, I can handle them. What really bothers me is when the parents sign contracts, say that they understand the policy and refuses to comply to the policies. I cant count on my hand the number of times parents have came up with an excuse why they couldn’t give a two week notice. Excuses as to why the tuition cant be paid on time. How they didn’t know that the tuition is due if their child is present or not. The hardest thing to swallow is that some are quick to point the finger at me for asking them to comply to the contract. Errr. (in my best tiger voice). Bills are still due regardless if they are here or not. Some want me to hold a slot open for them that they won’t pay to reserve but they don’t want me to fill the slot with any other children to insure that they will have childcare when their child returns from vacation. I want to be loyal to my clients and I really want to have slots avail for all of the children that have been here. Yet, its putting my family into jeopardy and I don’t want to choose between paying my bills or being loyal to my clients. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Ive already tried to fill the slots with summer children but even they go on vacation...
daycarediva 03:52 AM 07-24-2012
6 more weeks until school starts, 6 more weeks until school starts. I can do it, right?

My SA dcg (9) is here from 6-6 m-f. She complains 24/7. It drives me nuts. "I don't want to go for a walk today, I want to watch a movie. I hate playing outside. Can we go to the playground? (at playground she whines that it's hot and sits) Can you put netflix on for me? Can you get your laptop out so I can use it? Can I go play xbox in (ds's) room? I need a banging my head against the wall smiley.
SilverSabre25 05:19 AM 07-24-2012
I'm beginning to suspect that dcb is coming in his overnight diaper. It never gets as full during the day as it is in the AM...
Blackcat31 06:30 AM 07-24-2012
6 more weeks until school starts, 6 more weeks until school starts. I can do it, right?

My SA dcg (9) is here from 6-6 m-f. She complains 24/7. It drives me nuts. "I don't want to go for a walk today, I want to watch a movie. I hate playing outside. Can we go to the playground? (at playground she whines that it's hot and sits) Can you put netflix on for me? Can you get your laptop out so I can use it? Can I go play xbox in (ds's) room? I need a banging my head against the wall smiley.
Sounds like she is mostly entertained at home with electronics and is going through withdrawls while at your house.

....just a thought, but have you tried rewarding her for going so many hours or dys WITHOUT complaining? Nothing worse than listening to a kid who believes she/he is bored and whines about it all day....
momma2girls 08:34 AM 07-24-2012

I totally agree with you!!!
daycarediva 10:46 AM 07-24-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Sounds like she is mostly entertained at home with electronics and is going through withdrawls while at your house.

....just a thought, but have you tried rewarding her for going so many hours or dys WITHOUT complaining? Nothing worse than listening to a kid who believes she/he is bored and whines about it all day....
All of the big kids have punch cards (just something I printed and use a hole punch for). If they get all 5 punches, they pick out of the prize box on Friday. She doesn't even care, or try to earn them at all. "My Mom will buy me better stuff than that this weekend." My dcb goes nuts when he gets a punch, because then Mom rewards him with computer time (15minutes) at home. It is his only screen time. So atleast it works for him! He's an angel!
daycarediva 03:08 PM 07-24-2012
DCM lied to me! She called yesterday before her drop off time and said DCB (just turned 2) had a low grade fever (highest of 99.9 rectally, so not really a fever) all day Sunday and still wasn't up to par so she was keeping him home. He came today and she told me that she really thought it was just teeth/plus a busy birthday weekend. Dad picked up today and told me that he threw up ALLLLL DAY Sunday (after his birthday party Saturday) AND other DCG went to his party and ate like CRAP today and is already staying home tomorrow. I just do NOT understand the lying. She was within my policy to return him to care today (24 hours fever and symptom free) and aside from being a bit blah he was acting and participating just fine.
momma2girls 06:19 AM 07-25-2012
DCM lied to me! She called yesterday before her drop off time and said DCB (just turned 2) had a low grade fever (highest of 99.9 rectally, so not really a fever) all day Sunday and still wasn't up to par so she was keeping him home. He came today and she told me that she really thought it was just teeth/plus a busy birthday weekend. Dad picked up today and told me that he threw up ALLLLL DAY Sunday (after his birthday party Saturday) AND other DCG went to his party and ate like CRAP today and is already staying home tomorrow. I just do NOT understand the lying. She was within my policy to return him to care today (24 hours fever and symptom free) and aside from being a bit blah he was acting and participating just fine.
I have learned the hard way on this topic as well. Even if you think you have the greatest parents in the world, it seems like something always happens. I thought I had the best parents, til one day, they both started lying to me!!! OHHH!!! This makes me so mad!!!!!
momma2girls 06:21 AM 07-25-2012
I would honestly let them both know, that you know, they brought the child, even after vomiting the dat before. I have never terminated on the spot, but I would have liked to. Tell them that you have a 24 hr.. rule, and it will not be tolerated again. I also added in my contract dishonesty will not be tolerated.
SilverSabre25 06:27 AM 07-25-2012
DCG burst into tears about a single drop of water getting on her knee. If this is how today is going to go, I'm going to make DH come home so I can go back to bed... :/
texascare 06:29 AM 07-25-2012
Why do parents always have an excuse for their child? Sometimes I really just want to say "OK look your child was behaving like a brat so she got sat in time out, it isn't going to kill her but she needs to learn"....I have one that is hitting and it is bad. I have talked to the parents over and over. Mom said to me, "maybe she is just letting her presence be known".
I don't allow hitting or bullying and when it does begin, I try to put a stop to it right away. Mom just laughs it off. Just very frustrating sometimes....
AmyLeigh 01:04 PM 07-25-2012
Me again!

Yesterday, 7 yo dcb comes after my son (who is 5, but outweighs him by at least 15 muscular pounds) and starts whaling at him. Ds fights back and I immediately get in between them to stop the fight. Dcb said that ds stepped on him while he was laying on the ground. Then he started crying because ds scratched him in the fight. I asked ds about the stepping on him, he said it was on accident. He heard it from me for running through the house. Dcb continues to cry about the scratch. I asked him, what did he think ds was going to do, just let him run in and hit on him? Dcb actually said yes! I reminded him that if he had just came in and told either ds or me that he got stepped on (that's what happens when you lay in the middle of the playroom floor, btw), then there would have been no fight and he would not have gotten scratched. If you don't want to get hurt, don't start a fight! Grrrr.....

Three more weeks til school, three more weeks.....
daycarediva 02:36 PM 07-25-2012
Me again!

Yesterday, 7 yo dcb comes after my son (who is 5, but outweighs him by at least 15 muscular pounds) and starts whaling at him. Ds fights back and I immediately get in between them to stop the fight. Dcb said that ds stepped on him while he was laying on the ground. Then he started crying because ds scratched him in the fight. I asked ds about the stepping on him, he said it was on accident. He heard it from me for running through the house. Dcb continues to cry about the scratch. I asked him, what did he think ds was going to do, just let him run in and hit on him? Dcb actually said yes! I reminded him that if he had just came in and told either ds or me that he got stepped on (that's what happens when you lay in the middle of the playroom floor, btw), then there would have been no fight and he would not have gotten scratched. If you don't want to get hurt, don't start a fight! Grrrr.....

Three more weeks til school, three more weeks.....
6 more weeks here!

I have a sibling set that do nothing but fight. The last two days the younger boy has left marks on his big sister for NO REASON. Mom was pretty blaze about it, which is really annoying! That kid can do noooo wrong. grrr.

I did let the dcm know that I found out she lied to me "He ate great so I guess his tummy is feeling better after that nasty stomach bug" I'm evil.
daycarediva 02:37 PM 07-25-2012
annnnnnnnnnnddd same dcb had a dr's appt for a 'mystery rash' that spread and I sent Mom a text today. Appt was right in the middle of nap time. Yep. Smart.
trippingontoys 06:39 PM 07-30-2012
I've had 5 parents attempt switch days this week! I accommodated the first four, but when the fifth one asked I had to say no. Due to the schedule changes I ended up with Friday off. Yay! But then parent #5 texted me and said "DCB will be there tues-fri this week" He is scheduled mon-thurs. I told her I can't do Friday and I refuse to feel guilty about it!

I'm just wondering how the day care parents would feel if their boss changed their schedule at the last minute every single week? (All of my parents work office jobs with set schedules)
SilverSabre25 07:30 AM 07-31-2012
Sometimes all I want is to chat with someone who's not yelling at me for unreasonable things like disallowing splashing in the toilet or falling down the stairs. I'm such a meanie, for closing doors and using baby gates and not having an audience whilst I pee, for changing diapers and wiping messy faces, and insisting that biting is not an acceptable method of self-expression.
Sunchimes 02:58 PM 07-31-2012
This isn't really a vent, it's more a sad. One of my dcms (I only have 2) is pregnant and was put on a lifting restriction. Since she works in a nursing home, she lost her job, and I've lost the little girl. I made a huge DC error and fell in love with her, as I've done with my other little girl. They are both part of the family, and we all treat them like grandkids. I've learned my lesson and won't fall in love again. I'll like them a whole lot, but I won't love them and make them part of the family next time. I've had her for a year, and I'm going to miss her like crazy. It's hard though when you just have 2 or 3 kids like I do.

Ok, there is a little vent. I'm pretty sure mom isn't going to pay me the last week. She's a single mom and she's already told me she doesn't have the money. Tomorrow is pay day, so I guess we will see what happens. Maybe she will get a call today from one of her applications. I've been scouring the online places and the paper and texting her job openings.
daycarediva 03:36 PM 07-31-2012
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
This isn't really a vent, it's more a sad. One of my dcms (I only have 2) is pregnant and was put on a lifting restriction. Since she works in a nursing home, she lost her job, and I've lost the little girl. I made a huge DC error and fell in love with her, as I've done with my other little girl. They are both part of the family, and we all treat them like grandkids. I've learned my lesson and won't fall in love again. I'll like them a whole lot, but I won't love them and make them part of the family next time. I've had her for a year, and I'm going to miss her like crazy. It's hard though when you just have 2 or 3 kids like I do.

Ok, there is a little vent. I'm pretty sure mom isn't going to pay me the last week. She's a single mom and she's already told me she doesn't have the money. Tomorrow is pay day, so I guess we will see what happens. Maybe she will get a call today from one of her applications. I've been scouring the online places and the paper and texting her job openings.
since the lifting restriction is temporary in NY you wouldn't be able to be fired for it. I broke my leg, went into preterm labor (took FML) and THEN went on lifting restrictions. I did a LOT of paperwork at my former job but they couldn't let me go!
daycarediva 03:53 PM 07-31-2012
I got called a 'sitter' today. A mom was on the phone when she came in, she said "Let me call you back, I'm picking up ******* at the sitter."

It just irks me!
daycarediva 03:57 PM 07-31-2012
another one: dcb that is regularly pooping in his underpants. Told Mom she needed to put him in pullups until he is accident free for atleast a week. He came today in underwear. She said "Oh that's what he really wanted to wear" &%*%^)&!!! Who is in charge?! I put him in pullups, right in front of Mom. I already had to throw away an expensive area rug because he pooped on the floor and I could never get the stain out.

Same Mom also allows him to poop outside (omg eewww) and thought it was hilarious that he tried to do it here.
saved4always 05:10 AM 08-01-2012
I got called a 'sitter' today. A mom was on the phone when she came in, she said "Let me call you back, I'm picking up ******* at the sitter."

It just irks me!
I guess that means you can just "sit" all day instead of engaging her child, right?
SilverSabre25 12:07 PM 08-01-2012
Dear, dcb, it's fantastic that you've finally learned the alphabet (except for that tricky "emmalopee" part) but after hearing you sing it 59.5 times today, I'm tired of it. Please sing a different song. Or work on counting to ten. You're still skipping 3-8.
saved4always 01:54 PM 08-01-2012
Dear, dcb, it's fantastic that you've finally learned the alphabet (except for that tricky "emmalopee" part) but after hearing you sing it 59.5 times today, I'm tired of it. Please sing a different song. Or work on counting to ten. You're still skipping 3-8.
Your post really brightened my day!
daycarediva 03:49 PM 08-01-2012
My dcm who is my earliest drop off always shows up 15-45 minutes late. After repeatedly talking to her about it (I was even going to change her drop off time) she shows 20 mins EARLY. 5:40 AM! I was getting out the bathroom and doing my morning pre-kid routine (opening blinds, getting out my paperwork, making the bleach solution, etc) and just refused to answer the door. I went about my business (while she knocked and then got back into her car) and unlocked the door at 6.
daycarediva 05:18 PM 08-01-2012
every Wednesday one of my dcd's is off of work. I still have dcb and dcg (sa) during the school year at 6am-6pm. UNTIL summer, then every other Wednesday dcg gets to stay home with dcd. NOT dcb (why not dcb the opposite wednesday to give him some 1:1 with Dad) Today at breakfast dcb told all of his friends "My Daddy is commin to get me and take me and sissy to the playground!" I didn't say anything, knowing that was not happening. He cried at lunch when he realized Dad was never coming. I talked to Mom about it at pick up and she LAUGHED! I was ticked! Obviously your son is old enough to overhear and understand conversations and just assumed that he was included in dcd's and dcg's fun plans.
momma2girls 07:54 PM 08-01-2012
My dcm who is my earliest drop off always shows up 15-45 minutes late. After repeatedly talking to her about it (I was even going to change her drop off time) she shows 20 mins EARLY. 5:40 AM! I was getting out the bathroom and doing my morning pre-kid routine (opening blinds, getting out my paperwork, making the bleach solution, etc) and just refused to answer the door. I went about my business (while she knocked and then got back into her car) and unlocked the door at 6.
Good for you!!
Hunni Bee 12:01 PM 08-02-2012
My vacation has been on the calendar for both parents and staff to see for more than a month. I also verbally told every person I saw last Friday.

Still, I have received work-related calls, text messages and emails every day since I've been on vacation. Just another push in my back towards the door
daycarediva 04:45 PM 08-03-2012
EVERY SINGLE DAY dcb comes in a dirty diaper. Mom says she changes him as soon as they leave their house and by the time he gets here he has pooped. It's annoying. He isn't USUALLY really wet so I tend to believe her. She was a little taken aback when I told her where his things were in the bathroom and told her to put the dirty diaper in the diaper genie when she was done today. (They were 20 minutes late and we were doing morning circle, which I wasn't about to interrupt, move all kids to hallway to wait while I changed dcb)
SunshineMama 10:20 AM 08-06-2012
I am so exhausted today and have a headache. I got up early for dcb, and of course, as usual, he was an hour and a half late without a call. Just last week I had to talk with dcm about being on time. Ugh.

I have been chasing my potty training child around all day. She has been doing great, but its a lot of work. I need my break today badly. Of course dcd texts me and says he will be by to pick up dcb- 30 minutes into nap, so I have to be on stand by for him to come. If I put dd down to nap before he gets here, she will be up the entire nap time because it takes her 30 minutes to fall asleep and she will get excited at the smallest knock. So irritated.
Unregistered 03:02 PM 08-06-2012
Registered but logged out for sensitive reasons.

Worst Monday ever! I need to redo this day completely.

1. My brother informed me not to say the name of my unborn child, which we just decided what we wanted to name her. It's the same nickname as one my baby sis wants to name her future second daughter. He doesn't want me to say my baby's name bc it's my sis' special week (getting married Sat.)

2. Microwave decided to die while preparing lunch.

3. Cops are across the street again (were there at lunch) because of a domestic violence or eviction at a rental house. The cops were parked in front of my house, and they scared one of my daycare moms.

4. I have a potty-training 3yo. She wanted to wear panties (when she's only pottied twice her at my house. Dcd settled for pullup). My daughter just got a brand new mattress set yesterday. I put dcg in a diaper since she never pottied ALL morning when I tried to get her to go. After nap (she sleeps in dd's room bc she can't sleep around the others), dcg had soaked through a comforter, 2 sheets, and onto the new mattress.
daycaremom76 08:25 PM 08-06-2012
LOL I have to say when I am having a bad day I always read these and know I'm not alone so today is my turn to add one.............

I have this dcb that started last week he's 2.5yrs old and is big as a 4yr old. He's used to being at home with his mom so dc is new to him. EVERY morning when she drops him off he freaks out and throws the biggest temper tantrum, same at nap time, same when the other kids are getting picked up and same during the day when I ask him to do or not to do things. He does what he wants when he wants. So dcm has been giving him gummy worms for breakfast. The other day I took them from him and asked her not to bring them again. He freaked!!!!! She tries to bribe him when she drops him off, we go by a schedule each day. So when he gets here he always wants to go outside and play. So rather then just tell him NO she says........well maybe when I leave Ms ?????? will let you go outside and play. So when I say no he freaks and these aren't like little temper tantrums these are throw my body all over the floor and kick and scream tantrums!!!! I have 3 2yr olds that are potty training (he's already potty trained) and I have a set of stickers that were bought just for those kids for going potty. Everyday he wants them too now if it wasn't for all the other "i want my way" outburst during the day I wouldn't care if he got a sticker but I tried to explain they are special for the girls the first couple days he freaked when I said no but now he doesn't ask until his mom gets here. And of course she says sure you can have a sticker just ask Ms ?????? to get you one!!!! The one time I explained to her that they were special for the other kids and she kind of got an attitude with me like they are only stickers and they are only stickers but they are a special reward for the girls going potty. So today the dcm picks up her son and shes talking to me about his naptime which is about 2hrs (1.5hrs after his tantrum) she wants me to only let him sleep for 30-60 minutes cause apparently he isn't going to bed until midnight at home. Now when she started here (and in her paper work she filled out) she told me that she's been lazy with his bed time and that she usually doesn't put him down until 11-midnight. This kid is in charge, when I told her no that I am not only going to give him a 30-60 minute nap she got an attitude and said that he's taking to long of a nap here and causing him not to sleep at home.............NO YOU NEED TO SEND HIM TO BED AND STOP LETTING HIM RUN YOUR LIFE!!!!! So instead of telling her that I just told her that she'll have to figure something else out for him cause he naps during that time and I'm not waking him up! So tonight I bought him his own pack of spider man stickers and I am going to have a talk with them in the morning and as long as he doesn't freak out and have a tantrum through out the day he will get a sticker cause I am at my whits end with him and can't take much more. I have a waiting list so it wouldn't matter if I let him go but I hate letting parents go cause I just feel weird having that conversation but it's really driving me insane and I watch a 4 month old as well that he constantly wakes up with all these tantrums so then I have both of them crying!

Wow............I feel much better now! LOL
Hunni Bee 08:49 PM 08-06-2012
Originally Posted by daycaremom76:
LOL I have to say when I am having a bad day I always read these and know I'm not alone so today is my turn to add one.............

I have this dcb that started last week he's 2.5yrs old and is big as a 4yr old. He's used to being at home with his mom so dc is new to him. EVERY morning when she drops him off he freaks out and throws the biggest temper tantrum, same at nap time, same when the other kids are getting picked up and same during the day when I ask him to do or not to do things. He does what he wants when he wants. So dcm has been giving him gummy worms for breakfast. The other day I took them from him and asked her not to bring them again. He freaked!!!!! She tries to bribe him when she drops him off, we go by a schedule each day. So when he gets here he always wants to go outside and play. So rather then just tell him NO she says........well maybe when I leave Ms ?????? will let you go outside and play. So when I say no he freaks and these aren't like little temper tantrums these are throw my body all over the floor and kick and scream tantrums!!!! I have 3 2yr olds that are potty training (he's already potty trained) and I have a set of stickers that were bought just for those kids for going potty. Everyday he wants them too now if it wasn't for all the other "i want my way" outburst during the day I wouldn't care if he got a sticker but I tried to explain they are special for the girls the first couple days he freaked when I said no but now he doesn't ask until his mom gets here. And of course she says sure you can have a sticker just ask Ms ?????? to get you one!!!! The one time I explained to her that they were special for the other kids and she kind of got an attitude with me like they are only stickers and they are only stickers but they are a special reward for the girls going potty. So today the dcm picks up her son and shes talking to me about his naptime which is about 2hrs (1.5hrs after his tantrum) she wants me to only let him sleep for 30-60 minutes cause apparently he isn't going to bed until midnight at home. Now when she started here (and in her paper work she filled out) she told me that she's been lazy with his bed time and that she usually doesn't put him down until 11-midnight. This kid is in charge, when I told her no that I am not only going to give him a 30-60 minute nap she got an attitude and said that he's taking to long of a nap here and causing him not to sleep at home.............NO YOU NEED TO SEND HIM TO BED AND STOP LETTING HIM RUN YOUR LIFE!!!!! So instead of telling her that I just told her that she'll have to figure something else out for him cause he naps during that time and I'm not waking him up! So tonight I bought him his own pack of spider man stickers and I am going to have a talk with them in the morning and as long as he doesn't freak out and have a tantrum through out the day he will get a sticker cause I am at my whits end with him and can't take much more. I have a waiting list so it wouldn't matter if I let him go but I hate letting parents go cause I just feel weird having that conversation but it's really driving me insane and I watch a 4 month old as well that he constantly wakes up with all these tantrums so then I have both of them crying!

Wow............I feel much better now! LOL

wow....kid probably runs over Mom like a Mack truck. With the stickers, I wouldn't bribe him or say anything about them - I'd catch him doing something good and comment and give the sticker. But you'll still run into him thinking he should get a sticker for everything he does. Honestly...

You say you have a waiting list. This kid is causing all kids of chaos, and Mom is absolutely no help, actually the opposite of help. I'd give him two more weeks and term. You'll find that having that conversation is much easier than dealing with that kind of craziness daily.
daycarediva 04:45 AM 08-07-2012
one of my daycare parents is the boss of another of my daycare parents. The boss is divorced and apparantly my dcm doesn't like bosses exwife. Because of their custody agreement, bosses exwife doesn't have to drop off dcb until almost 11 two days a week. I agreed to the change (she used to bring him in anyway early but now because of the custody agreement she wants that morning time with him, since she won't see him that evening.) TOTALLY UNDERSTANDABLE. I rearranged our schedule to change library day to a 'dad custody day/early drop off' but it happens to be the day dcm's kids are off. She came in today (first week on the new calendar the changes go into effect) complaining up a storm and I finally had to tell her that it was none of her business. She said she was going to 'have a long talk' with the divorced DCD! WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I kindly told her not to, that it was really none of her business and that it was very unprofessional. None of the other parents are even aware of why the change was made, but since she knows the dcd I feel like she is trying to start trouble.
daycarediva 04:47 AM 08-07-2012
Oh, and she brought dck's library passes 'IN CASE I CHANGED MY MIND AND MADE IT FAIR'. Not happening. Nosy brat.
BumbleBee 02:45 PM 08-07-2012
Oh, and she brought dck's library passes 'IN CASE I CHANGED MY MIND AND MADE IT FAIR'. Not happening. Nosy brat.
Wow. Some parents are soooooo self-centered. If it's that big of a deal for her, she can take her own bloody kids to the library!
BumbleBee 02:56 PM 08-07-2012
13 days before I officially open my home daycare and my seperated but still legally married parents decide to use me as a sounding board regarding their latest fight.

No, I'm not going to choose sides. No, I'm not going to listen to each of you drag the other persons name through the mud.

You both have jobs, paid for houses/cars, and enough individual money to live off of for the rest of your lives. You live 400 miles away from each other and have been seperated for 9 years. Sign the stupid divorce papers already and leave me out of it!
BumbleBee 02:58 PM 08-07-2012
Registered but logged out for sensitive reasons.

Worst Monday ever! I need to redo this day completely.

1. My brother informed me not to say the name of my unborn child, which we just decided what we wanted to name her. It's the same nickname as one my baby sis wants to name her future second daughter. He doesn't want me to say my baby's name bc it's my sis' special week (getting married Sat.)

2. Microwave decided to die while preparing lunch.

3. Cops are across the street again (were there at lunch) because of a domestic violence or eviction at a rental house. The cops were parked in front of my house, and they scared one of my daycare moms.

4. I have a potty-training 3yo. She wanted to wear panties (when she's only pottied twice her at my house. Dcd settled for pullup). My daughter just got a brand new mattress set yesterday. I put dcg in a diaper since she never pottied ALL morning when I tried to get her to go. After nap (she sleeps in dd's room bc she can't sleep around the others), dcg had soaked through a comforter, 2 sheets, and onto the new mattress.
I hope your Tuesday went better!
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55  ... Last
Reply Up