Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Well, I Am Having Two More Interviews....
crazydaycarelady 01:38 PM 10-09-2013
....with the family of the gender non-conforming boy.

I am flattered that she called me because I do not live in a convenient part of town for them so she must have liked it here (and me.)

They want to come over after hours so the husband and C can meet me and I can meet them. If that goes well mom would like to come over with dcb during dc hours.

That is two more interviews then what I usually have and since it is for a 4yo (who I would only have in care for a year) normally I wouldn't even bother. But I understand they need the right place.

I am just going to try and get a read on the parents and follow their lead.

I really don't need any more flaming over this situation, so please don't.
SilverSabre25 01:49 PM 10-09-2013
I think it's awesome that you're willing to give them more interviews. Good luck!
Lyss 01:54 PM 10-09-2013
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:

I am flattered that she called me because I do not live in a convenient part of town for them so she must have liked it here (and me.)

They want to come over after hours so the husband and C can meet me and I can meet them. If that goes well mom would like to come over with dcb during dc hours.

That is two more interviews then what I usually have and since it is for a 4yo (who won't even be in my care for a year) normally I wouldn't even bother. But I understand they need the right place.

I agree with SS that its great you are willing to work with them and help them feel comfortable. Plus the extra interviews gives you extra time with them to see if the family will be a good fit for you and your program

The child isn't starting for a year?
crazydaycarelady 02:14 PM 10-09-2013
He is 4yo and will only need care until next school year starts, so I would have him in care for less than 1 year.
Maria2013 02:21 PM 10-09-2013
great
jenn 02:31 PM 10-09-2013
Good luck. Hope everyone meshes well together and it all works out positively.
countrymom 02:38 PM 10-09-2013
good for you, but just make sure that even thou its inconvinent that they aren't using you for a short time until a center opens up.
MotherNature 06:27 PM 10-09-2013
Cool! Hope it all works out.
Blackcat31 09:11 AM 10-10-2013
I am also really happy you are willing to consider enrolling him.

This may very well turn out to be a fantastic learning experience for everyone.

You could also be the person who helps make a difference in this little guys life!
Brooksie 09:13 AM 10-10-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

You could also be the person who helps make a difference in this little guys life!
Agree! Good luck
Maria2013 09:16 AM 10-10-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

preschoolteacher 10:43 AM 10-10-2013
I didn't mean to come across as flaming you from the other post. I think it's great you are considering enrolling him just like you would consider anyone else. I wonder if the mom is a little high-maintenance in the beginning, as she's finding the right place, but then will be more calm and relaxed later? Hopefully!

I definitely acknowledge that some people have a harder time accepting these differences than others. It happens that in my area, the vast majority of people would probably accept a gender non-conforming child, and I would not have a problem with my families if I enrolled a child with this identity. It seemed to be a different case for your area. So my decision-making criteria in this situation would be different from yours.

Good luck!
daycarediva 10:57 AM 10-10-2013
Good luck! I would also mention that since you want to treat their family AND C equally, it's important for you to discuss your policies, since that didn't happen much in the last interview.
spinnymarie 12:37 PM 10-10-2013
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:

That is two more interviews then what I usually have and since it is for a 4yo (who I would only have in care for a year) normally I wouldn't even bother. But I understand they need the right place.

That's wonderful!
Tags:interview - multiple
Reply Up