Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>What To Do For My DCP?
Qpmomma 01:51 PM 01-03-2012
I am quitting my job to stay home with my 2 year old. She's been with her DCP since she was 4 months. I am sad that I am pulling her out b/c I love these women. I really want to do something special for them, but I need ideas!
Christian Mother 01:54 PM 01-03-2012
Just be honest and upfront. Give her plenty of notice. Offer to give her a reference for the care she gave your little one. I would also give her a card telling her how much you appreciated the care she gave to your family. Being appreciated and respected is prob. the best things you can ever offer a daycare provider.
grandmom 02:05 PM 01-03-2012
Give as much notice as possible.
Write a great letter for her to save and use.
Pay the right amount your last month.
Give her a sizeable gift of cash.
Stay in contact.
Qpmomma 05:16 PM 01-03-2012
Thank you for the ideas. I talked to the director and she said Mattie can come by and visit anytime. I gave 2 weeks per my contract, however, I think I will pay an extra 2 weeks. I'm thinking about giving every worker a card with my daughter's handprint and a hand-written note from me.

These ladies helped me raise my dd. I feel like they are family and I hate it that she's not going to see them everyday.
Meeko 07:16 PM 01-03-2012
Originally Posted by Qpmomma:
Thank you for the ideas. I talked to the director and she said Mattie can come by and visit anytime. I gave 2 weeks per my contract, however, I think I will pay an extra 2 weeks. I'm thinking about giving every worker a card with my daughter's handprint and a hand-written note from me.

These ladies helped me raise my dd. I feel like they are family and I hate it that she's not going to see them everyday.
You are the kind of parent that all providers wished they worked with! Your gifts sound very thoughtful and will be appreciated.

Keep in touch with them...one of the things I treasure most is the relationships I have with my old "kids". It's so fun to see our little charges grow up. High school, college, marriage..children of their own. Priceless.
Cat Herder 07:20 PM 01-03-2012
I talked to the director

I think I will pay an extra 2 weeks. .
If this is a center you may do better to give the extra bonus money directly to your daughters providers.

IME, I have never known a center to pass such things on to the teachers UNLESS it was a family owned and run one.
Qpmomma 04:16 AM 01-04-2012
It's a small church daycare. There's 4 teachers, 2 assistants, and the director.
Cat Herder 05:38 AM 01-04-2012
It's a small church daycare. There's 4 teachers, 2 assistants, and the director.
I think you should be good, then.

I would be so excited for you!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE when parents have the opportunity to stay home with their kids. It is such a gift.

The former providers will only adore you more.... You rock in my book. Maybe you could volunteer there from time to time and bring DD with you? How awesome would that be??
Lilbutterflie 05:46 AM 01-04-2012
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
You are the kind of parent that all providers wished they worked with! Your gifts sound very thoughtful and will be appreciated.

Keep in touch with them...one of the things I treasure most is the relationships I have with my old "kids". It's so fun to see our little charges grow up. High school, college, marriage..children of their own. Priceless.
I second this! You are the kind of parent every provider dreams of having. I received a very heartfelt Christmas card of appreciation from one of my daycare parents recently and I cried b/c I was so touched. It is always wonderful to be a part of the children's lives; but often it gets tainted by dealing with some parents. However, when a parent is outwardly appreciative and easy to work with, it makes our job the most amazing job in the world!

Congrats on staying at home; it is a great gift you are giving your daughter!
Blackcat31 06:15 AM 01-04-2012
Why not buy a toy/activity or something to add to a center such as a nice wooden bead set or a set of farm animals with a card saying it was donated by Mattie in gratitude for all the wonderful care she received while attending that child care.
mismatchedsocks 07:03 AM 01-04-2012
Sounds like a great parent! Want to come here!?? I think anything you do will be appreciated by the teachers/staff, as we dont see as much kindness and appreciation as we should. Thanks!
Countrygal 08:16 AM 01-04-2012
I agree with everyone here! Thank you for being sooooo thoughtful!

I really liked the suggesting of offering to be a reference for them. We all can use great references like you!
Qpmomma 10:23 AM 01-04-2012
Wow, I didn't realize what I was doing was so out of the norm! That's a little sad.

The director said it will be sad to my dd go, but she's happy that I have the opportunity to stay home with her. She said "I don't know how you moms these days do it." I laughed and said "neither do I!" When I had to put her in daycare I cried, and now I cry because I am pulling her out. I am watching my aunt and cousin's kids, so my dd will still have kids to play with. As I've said before, I love my dd's dcp. They are all so sweet and you can tell they all love my daughter. And my little one loves them too.

I will denfinatly to the card. You guys gave me some great ideas about bonuses and donations, I don't know 100% what I am going to do yet, but I do want them to know they all have played a part in raising my baby and I am grateful for thier love and commitment to her. Thank you all for the great ideas!
Tags:gifts, provider gifts presants, thank you - ideas
Reply Up