Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>no call no show after vacation?
Nickel 08:51 AM 11-27-2012
Dcg is my first child of the day. So i make sure i am up, showered and dressed, the dogs are crated, floors are vacuumed and swept, and dusting is done befire she gets here. My next dck doesnt arrive until an hour later. Last mon dcm didnt show up. I sent them a text 30 min past drop off asking if everything was ok. Dcm responded sorry to say i forgot to tell you we are taking our vacation early. Now they had mentioned taking a few days off over thanksgiving but no concrete dates. I gave then their invoice and they said nothing. Thwy get 2 weeks per year of vacation time with a 2 week written notice.

Mon rolls around and they dont show up. Nothing today either. I am assukinf they arent coming back. Im kind if glad because dcg and dd dont get along and it has been sooo nice without her here. I had planned on terming in dec anyway, but i was relyibg on her incone for christmas gifts. Dh says i should just send her an email saying her contract is terminated. But a part of me hopes she will come back and pay me for lqst week and this week eventhough they werent here.

I know just wishful thinking. Dh also thinks i should just replace her but to be honest its kind of nice having just a few dcks here.

I cant wait till holiday break. The semester ends in 2 weeks and most of my families will be on break until jauary. It will be such a nice break to be able to spens time with the families
Nickel 08:52 AM 11-27-2012
Sorry im typing on my phone. I meant spend time with MY family without all the dcks!
cheerfuldom 09:09 AM 11-27-2012
If you are owed money or a two weeks paid notice, get it and dont just let this go!
allsmiles 09:40 AM 11-27-2012
i know how you feel!!!..the family that didnt come back the week before thanksgiving was just a weight lifted.. i woke up an hour earlier for them, the 3 yo was not very obedient and we spent most of the day redirecting. Its nice the group we have now but of course the income that im missing keeps me looking for a child to take their place. this business is so unpredictable starting out
Nickel 07:56 PM 11-27-2012
Ok, so weird... I got a text from dcm saying she will call me tomorrow to discuss dcg but she won't be in tomorrow. And she sent me an email but received no response????

I have no idea what she is talking about... I asked her to resend the email but 20 min later still nothing... I'm just wondering what is going on? I sort of hope she terminates but I am really curious as to what is so important that she emailed and text but will call tomorrow?
Lucy 10:13 PM 11-27-2012
Originally Posted by Nickel:
Ok, so weird... I got a text from dcm saying she will call me tomorrow to discuss dcg but she won't be in tomorrow. And she sent me an email but received no response????

I have no idea what she is talking about... I asked her to resend the email but 20 min later still nothing... I'm just wondering what is going on? I sort of hope she terminates but I am really curious as to what is so important that she emailed and text but will call tomorrow?
Have you received email from her in the past? I'm just wondering if it went to spam?
countrymom 05:52 AM 11-28-2012
so what happened
DaycareMomma 05:55 AM 11-28-2012
I am curious to see how this turns out. Sounds like she's being very shady and not forthcoming. Hopefully when she calls today she'll spill the beans of what is going on.
Nickel 04:04 PM 11-28-2012
I checked spam and we have emailed when she very first started and I sent her the enrollment package and she responded. So It is all very weird. I heard nothing from her today. and no response to the message I sent yesterday asking her to confirm what email address she was sending it to. So Today I sent her a termination letter via email at 12pm.

At this point it is becoming ridiculus. She never notified me she was taking a vacation, never notified me she wasn't coming and then sends me a weird text last night with no follow up email or phone call. This is also the same parents who hate to tell their child no and let her get away with everything. So while she isn't a holly terror yet I can see things going downhill fast in the future. She has also started hitting, biting, and pushing the other children. So I am happy to be done with her. I term care for Fri which will be 2 weeks since she has been here. If she shows up tomorrow she owes me $180. If not, I am really not going to worry about it. I am thinking of sending an email to the lady that handles the legally unlicensed homes (shes at the main office in another city in my state) just to give her a heads up.

It's just really weird and strikes me as seriously odd, but I am done worrying about it and hopefully she won't come back.
daycarediva 04:25 PM 11-28-2012
If I were you, I would pursue payment. If you have a contract she failed to provide you with notice.
Reply Up