Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare Holiday Activities? What Do You Have Planned?
Soccermom 09:55 AM 11-22-2013
We are having a North Pole Breakfast, Christmas PJs and Movie day, Daycare party with pageant for the parents and decorating our tree with ornaments we made together.

What do you all have planned?
butterfly 10:08 AM 11-22-2013
Originally Posted by Soccermom:
We are having a North Pole Breakfast, Christmas PJs and Movie day, Daycare party with pageant for the parents and decorating our tree with ornaments we made together.

What do you all have planned?
tell me more about your North Pole Breakfast.
MsLaura529 10:15 AM 11-22-2013
Oh wow, that sounds like fun! I want to hear more about the North Pole breakfast too ... I'm picturing spaghetti with candy and syrup (Elf), haha.

I won't have all of my kids here the week of Christmas, but so that Friday before Chrismas we will be doing a Christmas movie, but I don't really have any other ideas. I can't wait to hear everyone else's.
butterfly 10:50 AM 11-22-2013
Originally Posted by MsLaura529:
Oh wow, that sounds like fun! I want to hear more about the North Pole breakfast too ... I'm picturing spaghetti with candy and syrup (Elf), haha.I won't have all of my kids here the week of Christmas, but so that Friday before Chrismas we will be doing a Christmas movie, but I don't really have any other ideas. I can't wait to hear everyone else's.
LOVE that movie!!
snbauser 10:52 AM 11-22-2013
I'd like to hear more about the North Pole Breakfast..

We do a family spaghetti dinner on a Friday night for all of the daycare families. Then on the last Friday of school we do a winter party where the kids (and I) all wear our pj's, watch Polar Express, and do all sorts of snow activities - instasnow, cool whip, frozen blocks of ice with warm watercolors and salt, etc.
Josiegirl 02:56 PM 11-23-2013
Yes, I would love to hear about the breakfast too!
I think I'll have a PJ Day that Friday before Christmas, picnic on the living room floor, watch Christmas videos, make Rudolph antlers.
Soccermom 05:40 PM 11-24-2013
Sure, here is the plan!

We are decorating the kitchen with some homemade snowflakes hanging all over. The table will be set with red and green plates, cups and napkins on a white tablecloth with a candy cane on each plate

I am going to put some nice Christmas music on and give each child a ticket for their North Pole breakfast the night before. They will have to get on a *train* in order to get to the North Pole. I am hanging sheets at either end of my hallway and placing chairs to look like a train. DS has a train conductor hat that I am going to wear. LOL!

Once we get to the North Pole, we are serving Rudolph pancakes (Pinterest) with Polar Express Hot Chocolate while wearing Elf Hats There will be some Candy Cane Fruit as well (Sliced banana, sliced strawberry and then alternate and shape like a cane).

I think the kids will have fun!
jessrlee 06:11 PM 11-24-2013
My only plan is to have a pajama day Wed. before the 4 day weekend For Christmas we will have a big Polar Express party on Monday with treats and gifts
Reply Up