Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 09-27-2017, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

Default Kids Leaving Daycare

Hello - we've had some family employment changes and financially it works out with my spouse staying home with the kids. We gave our notice to our daycare. So bittersweet. Everyone there was great. I feel awful - like going through a bad breakup- but it's just a 'business' decision for our family.

I guess I'm looking for proper closure. I'd like to send a few thank you cards, etc. Is there some sort of formal etiquette for a family leaving?
Old 09-27-2017, 11:57 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

A simple card on your child's last day would be thoughtful. Anything above that would be considered generous.
Old 09-27-2017, 12:27 PM
Daycare.com Member and Bladesmith

Like CH said- a card and heartfelt "thank you" go a long way. This is a business and as attached as we get to some kiddos, we know families need to do what is best for them. If you feel like you need to do something else go with something like a gift card to a nearby coffee shop (If you know your provider drinks coffee) or a local store or restaurant. If it's a group care setting some treats for the staff like bagels or cookies for the break room would be appreciated.
Old 09-27-2017, 12:42 PM
Daycare.com Member

We've all given the child a book that everyone sogned on the child last day. A card would be nice or a simple gift
Old 09-27-2017, 01:45 PM
Daycare.com Member

A heartfelt card or a letter with how happy you've been with your child's care has always been wonderful for me. I've kept every single one that I've been given 😊

Tags
closing daycare - how to, saying goodbye