Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>has anyon emade placemats?
Heidi 06:43 AM 11-28-2011
I would like to make "set the table" placemats for my little people.

I think it may the help the toddlers, especially, keep their plate and cup on the table. They tend to play with them.

I looked at some store-bought ones, but they are too elaborate. They all have places for napkins and knives. I only need a spot for a cup, a plate, and a utensil.

Do you think contact paper would work to laminate these? I do not own a laminator....
SilverSabre25 06:44 AM 11-28-2011
Originally Posted by bbo:
I would like to make "set the table" placemats for my little people.

I think it may the help the toddlers, especially, keep their plate and cup on the table. They tend to play with them.

I looked at some store-bought ones, but they are too elaborate. They all have places for napkins and knives. I only need a spot for a cup, a plate, and a utensil.

Do you think contact paper would work to laminate these? I do not own a laminator....
contact paper should work fine, or teacher's supply stores, and maybe even Kinkos, have laminators you can use for a reasonable fee.
Pammie 08:59 AM 11-28-2011
Clear contact paper works great!

I make new placemats for each month - construx paper with a place setting diagram on one side and pictures that relate to our themes for the month on the other - then covered with clear contact paper.

Super cheap to do and at the end of each month the kids are so excited to take theirs home and use them there:-)
countrymom 09:49 AM 11-28-2011
I was doing this before, I may start doing it again, I would really recommend buying a laminator, I bought mine from harbour freights for 20 dollars.
Reply Up