Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nap Terrors?
Soupyszoo 02:41 PM 02-27-2012
I have a 1.5 yo dcb who goes down for his nap exhausted (I've posted about him before). He sleeps for a little while, usually less than an hour and wakes up in pure terror . I run to check on him and he's still asleep, screaming like someone is beating him to a bloody pulp. I pick him up and he calms down. After he relaxes I put him back down in his pnp and shortly after the same thing happens again.

What do you think is going on with him? Should I be concerned? Any suggestions that might help him sleep peacefully?

Oh I asked his mom what she thought it could be and she says he does the same thing all night and that she barely sleeps.
bice99 02:56 PM 02-27-2012
He's hot or tangled in something. Might be night terror, might be arousal confusion. My DD had it. I started uncovering her feet at night and it never happened again. Google it.
Heidi 04:32 PM 02-27-2012
The dc twins I have still do that, and have been since they went to one nap at 13 months, they are now 18 months.. They do it 3/5 days a week, although one twin does it more.

I've always suspected that they are laying on an arm or something, and then the limb "goes to sleep", and they wake.

In used to go in an rub their backs or stroke their heads, but I've learned they aren't even really awake, so that seems pointless. Now, I only go in if they keep crying too long.
Reply Up