Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Movie Ideas For 2-4 Year Olds
lovemykidstoo 10:56 AM 12-03-2013
I think for my gift for the kids for Christmas I'm going to get them each a movie (DVD) and a pee wee pillow pet. You can get a lot of movies for about $5-$8 and the peewee pillow pets are only about $5.00. What are your favorites that will hold the attention of a 2-4 yr old? Most of my kids are 2 & 3 with only a couple 4 yrs old. The 4 year olds are girls and the rest are boys.
MsLaura529 11:02 AM 12-03-2013
My DS will be 3 in January - he loves the movie Cars (Or "Team Lightning Queen" as he calls it haha). They just came out with a new one, Planes. If you can find a Jake & the Neverland Pirates movie (sometimes they release their longer specials on DVD), that would be good, too.

The 4 year old girls might like one of the Barbie movies - I haven't seen it yet, but I have heard the Christmas Barbie one is really good. Or Princess Sofia from Disney Junior.
lovemykidstoo 11:24 AM 12-03-2013
It's hilarious because we were looking at a toy store flyer today and the kids were ooing and ahhiing over the dvd's. the one dcb 3 yrs old said oh I love SpongeBob. I said, oh do you watch that at home? Oh yea. I texted mom to ask her if they had other movies that I was looking at and asked her if he watched spongebob and she was laughing and said no, he's quite the storyteller!
Unregistered 12:58 PM 12-03-2013
WALLE. nice story and music and not a lot of annoying dialogue. Everybody loves robots. My three year old loves it.
lovemykidstoo 02:29 PM 12-03-2013
I thought about Back to the Barnyard, because it has all the animals in it, but then read that it has a lot of adult humor in it. I asked the one mom tonight if her son had any Mickey Mouse movies and she said, oh we don't even do movies because if it's something that he wants to watch, we just dvr it. She acted kinda funny about it. Don't know if I should go with a different idea for him or stick with the movie and pillow pet.
Tags:movie suggestions, movies - 2 to 4ys
Reply Up