Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Day Care NY State
Unregistered 02:09 AM 09-21-2011
Hi my son was in a dc for a year. I thought płace is good couse they were in bussines for years. Teachers were great but everything else wasnt. He was sick All the time parents would bring kids sick. I always follow the rules and keep him Home bring dr notes whenever asked for it others could just say that kid is fine and that was enough. Most kids had a buggy hunging from there noses cough that makes hair on my neck stand up. But directors were saying its just common cold. After year of colds eat infections and antibiotics i change facility. When i was leaving i had a talk with a Director and she got so mad when i prove her that she didnt get notes from everybody she got so offensive. I wrote review online about that place later she comment it and put information about my son in it like his premature birth also kiss he was born without normal weigh shouldnt some information stay confidential? What you guy think my review wasnt rude i just wrote what was going on there.
Crystal 08:56 AM 09-21-2011
huh???????????
Blackcat31 09:10 AM 09-21-2011
Ok, the best I can tell from your post is you followed rules at your son's childcare and feel that other parents didn't?
When you left the facility, you talked with the director about your concerns and she did not agree or take kindly to your comments?
Then you posted a comment/feedback online about being unhappy with that child care and the director responded with what you feel are some comments that should have been kept confidential?

Is that correct?

I am sorry but you used no punctuation and had several mis-spelled words so it was somewhat difficult to understand what you were trying to say. I apologize if it is due to a language barrier or if it was posted via a smart phone (which aren't always so smart if ykwim.....) but if I am understanding you correctly, you need to be a bit more specific about what you said and what the director said so members on this forum can offer up any comments or suggestions.
Unregistered 09:38 AM 09-21-2011
Yes I am using a smart phone and English is my second language. Plus I think I was trying to put to many information at once.my son was in the daycare and I did follow rules. I always infirm dc about his condition and have dr note if needed. When other patents just send kids sick and were never ask to prove child condition. I notify director about higine issue but every time she was getting offensive and instead of check it just deny everything. So I decided to change dc and had really unpleasant talk with her. I wrote a review on web site and her respond was even more offensive also she twisted some facts and on top of everything she put some information about my son like his premature birth. And low birth weigh. I shared those facts with her only to be honest and make shire he will have best care over there. He was 6 weeks early but his weigh and apgar was normal. What I am wondering is was that ok to put those information online I understand she wants to differed herself but there is a way to do it without using everything.
Blackcat31 10:04 AM 09-21-2011
Yes, anything that is specific about a child who attended childcare is considered confidential. If you think the director broke confidentiality then I would personally contact the licensing department in your area and report your concerns. They will then look into it. Just as you are entitled to your oionion of the childcare, the director is entitled to respond however, I agree that it is not okay to respond with any personal information about you or your child.

Here is the contact info for your state. https://www.daycare.com/newyork/
Unregistered 10:13 AM 09-21-2011
It's Long Island NY. I really wanted just forget all about it but informations I share about my son are my personal decision not hers.
Nellie 10:22 AM 09-21-2011
In most states they are not allowed to disclose medical or information that they learned about you while your child has been in care. I don't know the specifics for NY, but I would bet that was a no no.
Blackcat31 10:25 AM 09-21-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
It's Long Island NY. I really wanted just forget all about it but informations I share about my son are my personal decision not hers.
Yeah, but just because you choose to share it with her, it was done in confidence so she still has no right to post things the public can read about your son. That is NEVER proper behavior, especially for a director who should know better.
Tags:complaint, new york
Reply Up