Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>"Why Do You Let Her Take Her Pants Off?"
youretooloud 08:06 AM 01-13-2012
Me: "Because you refuse to send her in pants that fit her".

She's a short, chubby little girl. She's fussy about her clothes. She's very active. So, sending her in tight non stretchy clothes that don't fit her and can't even snap over her tummy is just mean. I don't want to wear tight stiff pants all day either.

So, I told mom that if she wants to buy her some pants that fit her body, then she'd probably wear them... but the pants she comes over in are too short, too tight and too restrictive. She can't even climb on top of the toys because her pants don't let her legs move.

OR She can bring some leggings over and I can change her into those, and she can go home in the stupid pants you think are so adorable.
Cat Herder 08:18 AM 01-13-2012
Preaching to the choir, sister!!!

I keep little sweat pants for just such occasions.

Try asking DCM "Would you wear those pants to work in the yard? THAT is the look we are going for here. "
E Daycare 08:21 AM 01-13-2012
Originally Posted by youretooloud:
OR She can bring some leggings over and I can change her into those, and she can go home in the stupid pants you think are so adorable.
Lol. I have the same problem with a 3 yr old. He's in a size 6/7 jeans that can't snap on his tummy so they dig into him but the length is too long. So he spends a lot of days tripping over his pants. He's newly potty trained too and it's such a to-do to get them down and up that he takes everything off just to use the bathroom. At nap I undo his snaps on his jeans because that can't be comfy. He's always says "don't pinch my stomach" when I go to button his pants but I can't help it. The kid needs stretchy pants but his parents like dressing him (and his baby sister in tutus and head squishers) fancy. Its tough.
youretooloud 08:30 AM 01-13-2012
Originally Posted by E Daycare:
The kid needs stretchy pants but his parents like dressing him (and his baby sister in tutus and head squishers) fancy. Its tough.

LOL... How does a Mom get to be her age without appreciating the stretchy pants???? It was a wonderful day when someone figured out how to put stretch into blue jeans. Stretchy jeans are my best friend.
Blackcat31 08:47 AM 01-13-2012
LOL... How does a Mom get to be her age without appreciating the stretchy pants???? It was a wonderful day when someone figured out how to put stretch into blue jeans. Stretchy jeans are my best friend.
LOL!! I whine and complain everyday that I hate the stretch they have added to blue jeans!! I good old fashioned Levi's...shrink to fit. Zero spandex/100% heavy-weight cotton denim.
Cat Herder 09:25 AM 01-13-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
LOL!! I whine and complain everyday that I hate the stretch they have added to blue jeans!! I good old fashioned Levi's...shrink to fit. Zero spandex/100% heavy-weight cotton denim.
Me, too!!! I HATE when I get duped by an online "denim sale" ad and get those plasticy feeling pants....

Too funny...
E Daycare 09:30 AM 01-13-2012
It's yoga pants for me! I wear jeans out but even when I come home it's right to stretchy pants. I like being comfy.
laundrymom 10:04 AM 01-13-2012
I am so nodding my head in agreement with this thread!!!
Jeans on infants and toddlers are ridiculus!! Button jeans with no snaps on an infant go direct to cubby!!! Too tight pants, too big pants, cubby. I'd rather them in diapers than uncomfortable!! I have one who is in jeans daily and those danged tiny white hightop shoes with itty laces!! I strip her to her onsie and shirt when her coat comes off. I hate to see marks on her body so she can look cute.
Meyou 10:13 AM 01-13-2012
I have a 2 yr old drop in who always comes in skinny jeans and chuck taylor sneakers. I just shake my head and put rubber boots on her when we go outside. lol
laundrymom 10:17 AM 01-13-2012
I don't know which is worse,... Fort Knox tennis shoes, or cute little dress shoes with that little strap over the foot that cuts directly into their chubby feet!!! Seriously,... Is it too hard to look at their feet and see that it hurts!?!? I hate it.
daycare 11:12 AM 01-13-2012
I used to have both issues.. parents bringing in too big or too small. BOth are safety issues and not fair to the child.

Last year at Target, I bought 6 pair of sweatpants for $2.08 a piece on clearance. I bought every size that they had, two pairs.

I brought them home and used my puffy paint and wrote on them, LOANER PANTS.

I usually never let these pants leave the house, but sometimes they have to. The parents always return them. Well so far. If they don't, I would bill them to their invoice.

maybe you can get a few cheap pair that only stay at your house. This way its easy on you and on the child.
Nellie 01:29 PM 01-13-2012
Now for the most part this parent is pretty good, but today she sent her 22 month old in the tightest jeans ever. She is trying to potty train him at home and sends him in pants that I practically had to hang him by his feet to shake him out of them. They were so tight in the crotch area that the pull up was buldging off to one side. He couldn't bend over, play with toys that required crawling, and he made a funny noise when I tried sitting him down at the table for breakfast. That is when the pants came off and sweat pants went on.
dave4him 01:30 PM 01-13-2012
That subject title just makes me think of a half a dozen funny things to say but i wont
countrymom 03:59 PM 01-13-2012
I bought pj bottoms, the kids love wearing them, some even ask for them.
Tags:vent
Reply Up