Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Why Was A Daycare Shut Down?
Angelmamaof2 03:58 PM 09-19-2012
My nephew lives with his dad at a daycare. He has full custody and wont let my sister see her son because he want's his wife to be his mom. I have just receantly found out that the daycare was shut down and reopened. I want to know how to find out why they were shut down. I want to make sure that he is safe. Also to find out if the reason why it was shut down could help my sister get custody. So can someone tell me what to do to find out why it was shut.
Michael 04:05 PM 09-19-2012
The reason could be public record. Contact your state's childcare licensing ageny and inquire as to the process of finding out.

https://www.daycare.com/states.html
Willow 06:23 PM 09-19-2012
If the daycare was reopened I'm not sure any offenses that shut them down originally would be severe enough for a judge to re-visit a parental custody order.

Additionally, a father can't keep a child from their mother, only a judge has those sorts of rights. Only the courts can order who has legal and physical custody and which parents sees a child when. It's pretty rare that they'll not allow a mother to see her child. The father's living arrangements, relationships and preferences have no bearing on if she's allowed to see her child.
sharlan 08:54 AM 09-20-2012
Call your local licensing agency. You may have to go into their office to find out.

There is a reason why the judge granted full custody to one of the parents. If the father is violating visitation orders, the mother needs to contact her atty.
youretooloud 09:48 AM 09-20-2012
If the Father IS violating visitation orders, that would be the best way for mom to get full custody.

I never understand why parents use the kids to hurt the other parent. I DO get not wanting to share your child. I've felt like that myself. But, I don't get trying to hurt the other parent at the expense of the child.
BABYLUVER 07:03 PM 09-20-2012
Originally Posted by Angelmamaof2:
My nephew lives with his dad at a daycare. He has full custody and wont let my sister see her son because he want's his wife to be his mom. I have just receantly found out that the daycare was shut down and reopened. I want to know how to find out why they were shut down. I want to make sure that he is safe. Also to find out if the reason why it was shut down could help my sister get custody. So can someone tell me what to do to find out why it was shut.
You should be able to get access through your state's dept of regulatory agencies if it was a licensing violation or child abuse/neglect report. It is possible that the provider just closed for other reasons, such as an outbreak of lice or chicken pox. The Health Department (at least where I live) requires closure for these (and other) types of illnesses. It is also possible she closed to find work, then came back to daycare. I did that a couple times throughout my career as a provider usually during slow months. Or closed for repairs. Or closed for vacation. Many many many reasons, and not all are shady.
Tags:complaint, daycare closed, public record
Reply Up