Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Drop-In/Secure their Spot
Nikki@9822 08:27 AM 08-13-2019
HELP!!!!!!!!!! How do I charge and how do I type up a letter to my Parents about drop in fees of 25 dollars and do i charge weekly to secure that childs spot for 1/2 and teacher work days or when needing my service HELP PLEASE!!!
Cat Herder 08:55 AM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by Nikki@9822:
HELP!!!!!!!!!! How do I charge and how do I type up a letter to my Parents about drop in fees of 25 dollars and do i charge weekly to secure that childs spot for 1/2 and teacher work days or when needing my service HELP PLEASE!!!
I charge full tuition from the very first Monday a slot becomes available (payment due on Mondays, in advance of the week), it is not based on attendance, but the slot. I don't save spots, it does not benefit my family.

If you choose to offer drop-in services while waiting on a slot to fill I suggest you let them know upfront that it is not guaranteed space. They will have to check the day before to assure a slot will be available and payment is only accepted upfront in cash.

Teachers are paid for the full year, just over a shorter period of time if that is how their system works. You should never go without pay, they don't. They can budget the same as us.
AmyKidsCo 01:43 PM 08-13-2019
I'm similar to Cat Herder.

If the spot isn't available yet they pay the Enrollment Fee plus first week's tuition. Once the spot becomes available they bring the child or pay full amount to hold the spot.

Every time I've done something else it's come back to bite me on the hinder. Unfortunately it's taken me WAY too long to learn my lesson.
CenterTeacher20 03:05 PM 08-13-2019
I require the security deposit (2 weeks tuition) and half tuition each week they need the spot held if its going to be more than a month, which is $110 a week for an infant (full tuition is $220 per week). Its the only way I feel comfortable holding a spot for an extended period of time.
Tags:drop in care, rates, rates - drop-in, spot held, tuition
Reply Up