Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Please Help! I Am Losing My Mind
MommyMuffin 08:51 AM 02-03-2011
I have a 18mo dcb who climbs on the couch and will not stop, throws toys everywhere..down the stairs..across the room. My daughter was an angel at 18 mo compared to him. He just threw his lunch all over himself a minute ago. I took his food away, he barely ate.

I know some of this is normal for his age, but what do I do? I say no but it doesnt seem to bother him at all, he just ignores me.

What do you all do with 18 mo?
JenNJ 09:06 AM 02-03-2011
Do not allow him on the couch at all. Ever. If he throws toys, remove them for a period of time. Once he has calmed down give him ONE toy. If he throws it, remove it again for a period of time. Lunch - give him a small serving VERY SMALL. If he eats it, give him another small serving. As soon as he throws it, remove him from his chair and inform him that his meal is over.

His problem is that he is allowed to do as he pleases at home. Make sure he knows that is NOT the case in your home.
Sunny Day 09:21 AM 02-03-2011
Originally Posted by JenNJ:
Do not allow him on the couch at all. Ever. If he throws toys, remove them for a period of time. Once he has calmed down give him ONE toy. If he throws it, remove it again for a period of time. Lunch - give him a small serving VERY SMALL. If he eats it, give him another small serving. As soon as he throws it, remove him from his chair and inform him that his meal is over.

His problem is that he is allowed to do as he pleases at home. Make sure he knows that is NOT the case in your home.
Couldn't have said this better myself! 100% agree!
Reply Up