Daycare.com Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:01 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Getting Kids On The Bus

What a pain in the butt!

I have the bus come at 7:30 and then back at 3:45

Because I have a LONG driveway surrounded by woods - I have to be out there. Which means I have to drag all these kids out there.. Winter is NOT going to be fun!!!

Any tips on making this easier for me?
Old 10-19-2010, 10:04 AM
Daycare.com Member

maybe if you have a wagon you could but the kids in that and pull then down there.

or install video cameras and watch the kids come up the walk on the tv lol
Old 10-19-2010, 10:06 AM
Daycare.com Member

Is one of your daycare parents able to hang out at the bus stop in the am before going to work or even in the afternoon! If so I would just have them drive slowly out there while the kids walk to and from the bus stop!
Old 10-19-2010, 10:15 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

How old are the kids that get off the bus? Does the bus drop off directly at your driveway? If it does and you have SA's any older than 2nd grade, I'd say they're old enough to walk down the driveway by themselves in the afternoon. I'd still go out in the morning, but that at least makes for one trip during the day instead of two.

Last edited by AfterSchoolMom; 10-19-2010 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Added more
Old 10-19-2010, 10:17 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

ugh! let me tell you... we live right on the school district line. my kids bus wont come up my road cause its a one lane dirt road, so they get dropped off at the corner, about 1/3 of a mile from the house. i make them walk, cause they are my kids, and one is 14. the other school district (where all the SA go) wont even come up the paved road, because i'm not "technically" in their district. so everyday i pack up all the little kiddos to go get the SA (about 1 mile away) what a pain in the butt!!! especially in the winter. (it snowed here today, BTW, no kidding...but it didnt stick) next year i wont have enough room in the van, so i'm either going to hire someone, or buy a bigger van.

how old are your SA? do you have any teenagers nearby to walk them home?
Old 10-19-2010, 10:57 AM

are they old enough to take a walkie talkie with them, hide it in a bush and walk back with it in the afternoon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melskids View Post
ugh! let me tell you... we live right on the school district line. my kids bus wont come up my road cause its a one lane dirt road, so they get dropped off at the corner, about 1/3 of a mile from the house. i make them walk, cause they are my kids, and one is 14. the other school district (where all the SA go) wont even come up the paved road, because i'm not "technically" in their district. so everyday i pack up all the little kiddos to go get the SA (about 1 mile away) what a pain in the butt!!! especially in the winter. (it snowed here today, BTW, no kidding...but it didnt stick) next year i wont have enough room in the van, so i'm either going to hire someone, or buy a bigger van.

how old are your SA? do you have any teenagers nearby to walk them home?
Old 10-19-2010, 03:31 PM
Daycare.com Senior Member

That's what I did with my own kids when they took our bus away and they became walkers. They used walkie talkies, they would tell they were there and turn it off right at the school gate.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:20 PM
Hurt Betrayed Confused

This will sound like a pain in the rear, but I think I'd put them in a van (if you have one) with the heat on and drive down there. I don't like the idea of little ones being alone like that these days.

Tags
busing