Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Kind Of Play Kitchen Do You Have?
cherryhill 01:10 PM 02-23-2011
I have this one. I think the kids could do without it but they are still young most just turned 2 or not 2 yet. Is there a better kitchen. I am actually looking for a smaller kitchen.

But not sure if it is worth the money because they do not play with it much.

thanks
Attached: pTRU1-4596850_alternate1_dt.jpg (72.0 KB) 
KEG123 01:14 PM 02-23-2011
http://www.amazon.com/KidKraft-53186...uct/B002ODY1CY

SilverSabre25 01:21 PM 02-23-2011
this one

My problem with the plastic kitchens is that, although they look flashy, they do a lot of the pretending *for* the child.

littlemissmuffet 01:21 PM 02-23-2011
I do not have one but I often wonder if I should invest in one... and which one!
Michelle 01:29 PM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by cherryhill:
I have this one. I think the kids could do without it but they are still young most just turned 2 or not 2 yet. Is there a better kitchen. I am actually looking for a smaller kitchen.

But not sure if it is worth the money because they do not play with it much.

thanks
I have that exact kitchen but they don't play with it that much unless I give them suggestions such as "oh my, your cake smells like it's ready!"
DCMomOf3 02:08 PM 02-23-2011
this is mine. I don't love it but the price was right.

My Lil' Monkeys 02:13 PM 02-23-2011
My kitchen kinda looks just like the one you have and my kids LOVE it! But I've learned to switch out my toys. So, I had the kitchen out for a couple months then switch it with something else for a while... so when I bring the kitchen back out my kids get really excited and it gets played with. I run daycare out of my small living room and I try and switch toys out more often so my kids don't get bored (they probably are not bored...it's probably me)

Here's Mine..
http://www.amazon.com/Step-2-LifeSty...N%3DB00008X340

littlemonkeys 02:20 PM 02-23-2011
I really like this one!
SandeeAR 02:23 PM 02-23-2011
I would love to add one, but I really just don't have the room. Besides, my oldest is only 15 mo. (the true oldest is leaving in a month)
Live and Learn 02:52 PM 02-23-2011
10 year old Little Tykes. It has served me well.

It isn't as fancy as some of the previous posts. Still in perfect condition though. My dc kids play with it all day long!
SunflowerMama 05:12 PM 02-23-2011
Just sold this one on CL....

and bought this one off CL....

The kids and I love the new one. It's much smaller which I actually prefer and the kids have more room in their playroom.
jessrlee 05:17 PM 02-23-2011

I LOVE this kitchen! They use it every day, even the 10 year old!
JenNJ 05:39 PM 02-23-2011

I used to have this one in the classroom, but it wasn't anchored to the wall and the kids tried to climb on it constantly. It is a bit top heavy, so it could easily fall over and hurt someone since it is wood and heavy.

I got this as a freebie from a family member. I removed the giant Dora from the back and replaced the cheesy character stickers with pictures of food, etc. I like it and I do NOT have batteries in it. I prefer for the kids to make the noises, etc. themselves and actually PRETEND!

It is lightweight but sturdy and VERY easy to clean. I just take it outside, wash it with dish soap and water and hose the whole thing off.
cherryhill 07:32 PM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by SunflowerMama:
Just sold this one on CL....

and bought this one off CL....

The kids and I love the new one. It's much smaller which I actually prefer and the kids have more room in their playroom.
Sunflower Momma who make the kitchen you just bought. I like it.

Thanks
Tags:play kitchen
Reply Up