Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kick Off To Summer!
E Daycare 06:52 PM 06-01-2011
Anyone else having a nice lull this summer? One of my dck mom is a teacher so he will be down to about once a week (hes normally 3 days) and I think they are taking a month vacation out of state too. My other dck is normally a 1-2 day a week kid (once a month I have him 3 days) so for the next 3 months itll be easy breezy. I hope. I do have a ad out for another part timer as Im getting a infant sibling 1-2 days a week from my one dck come fall. So Im not wanting to over book myself.

Today I had my ds and 1 dck. It was a nice 85* out so I put them on the back deck with the pool and water slide and caught up on my reading as DH bought me a kindle for my bday yesterday. All the pain, sweat and tears with the dck who ate everything including my walls that I terminated is making my summer so much sweeter now that I get some R&R in.

Heres to a great summer girls! Im ready for this nice little vacay for sure!
Michael 08:26 PM 06-01-2011
Thanks for the picture. Can't wait for warm and hot here in California. Is that a Kindle on your lap?
Rachel 11:40 PM 06-01-2011
Yeah, thanks for the pic!!

This is my last summer "relaxing" (although we are moving, and I am doing rotating mommy camp, so it won't be so relaxing!!!). In Sept. I am opening a daycare through the community center, and then I will be joining the ranks full time, instead of here and there like I do now.
AfterSchoolMom 04:38 AM 06-02-2011
Is your Kindle pink? I didn't know that was an option!!!
E Daycare 05:37 AM 06-02-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
Is that a Kindle on your lap?
Yup! It was a gift from DH and DS for my birthday Tuesday. Ive been wanting one forever and was so excited to get it. Ive been reading like crazy lately and just finished up "Lies Chelsea told me" by Chelsea Handler and am working on "Bossy Pants" by Tina Fey. I love that when you buy a book you have it instantly. Best new electronic gadget Ive received lately (well besides my Iphone 4 el hub got me a few months ago).

Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
Is your Kindle pink? I didn't know that was an option!!!
Its not pink its the standard gray but my husband bought me a pink case to house it so grabby fingers dont destroy it. I learned with my Iphone to put a case on EVERYTHING. If they made TV cases we'd have one on the flat screens too lol.

Sunshine44 05:50 AM 06-02-2011
Oh yes! In two weeks I will not have any kids until school starts back up. I am looking forward to spending days with my family.
Tags:summer
Reply Up