Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Hello...Nice Forum! My Story
DayCareDynasty 01:20 AM 08-08-2012
My name is Tara. I started my day care after my husband was suspended from his job without pay for 1 week, for cursing his co-worker ( he was a hot-head back then & the co-worker was being a jerk!) He was the only one bringing in income. At that time our 3 boys were 2,6,and 8. The week he got suspended the only dinner meat we had in the refrigerator was a huge ham. We ate off of that ham for a whole week. I made corn with it, potatoes, pasta- we made sandwiches. I was so sick of eating that ham, I wanted to throw it out of the window!

By the 5th night I began to regurgitate between bites. I longed for chicken, steak and hamburger. That's when I made up my mind that this would never happen again, we needed 2 incomes. Next time it could be worse than suspension...injury or lay-off, then what would we do? While trying to figure out what I was going to do, I was watching a local news special about the need for quality child care in my area and I could hear the voices of friends and family telling me I should look into starting my own day care since I was so good with their kids, plus prior to this a friend invited me over to spend the day at her child care just to get a feel for how she operates her day care.

I thought this would be the perfect time for me to follow my natural ability to work with children...I wouldn't know if I could do it if I did not try. From there KidsN'Kare was born. I was licensed 2/3/98 and have made a difference in many families lives for 15yrs. Glad I made the choice and would not trade the experiences for anything!

Look forward to contributing to the forum!
Blackcat31 06:17 AM 08-08-2012
Welcome to the forum Tara!

Your status has been upgraded so you can post freely now
Heidi 06:22 AM 08-08-2012
welcome to the forum!
Michael 08:46 AM 08-08-2012
welcome to the forum!
DayCareDynasty 01:15 PM 08-08-2012
Thanx! For the Welcome
countrymom 06:18 PM 08-09-2012
wow, welcome. that was a great story. Its amazing what we do when we hit rock bottom. Your story is really an inspiration.
DayCareDynasty 04:58 PM 08-10-2012
I agree! Thank you for the welcome countrymom
Reply Up