Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Great News Food Program
itlw8 07:43 PM 10-15-2013
I got this in an email today from my FP sponsor

The USDA has issued a statement that they will have the funds to keep the Child and Adult Care Food Program running for several months regardless of what Congress does. We will keep you updated as we receive further information. We generally, try to limit the number of e-mails we send out, however, in this case we feel that you would prefer to be kept informed so we will e-mail as new information concerning the government shut-down is received
Childminder 07:52 PM 10-15-2013
That's great! My fp hasn't notified me once.
Mom2TLE 08:12 PM 10-15-2013
This is the one we got, it sounds like nationwide there is enough funding to last a few months, such a relief I was going to have to charge parents or have them bring lunches. I run a small center and barley skim by with the amount I get now if I had to do it without the FP I would be screwed.

Dear provider,

The USDA issued a Q and A on Friday, October 11 to clarify that federal funding is available to reimburse meals served in the School Breakfast Program, the National School Lunch Program, the Special Milk Program, and the Child and Adult Care Food Program, despite the shutdown. The Q and A states that “USDA has determined that additional funding is currently available, and is sufficient to support program activity for several months in FY 2014. This funding is provided through a permanent appropriation supporting the Child Nutrition programs, and its availability to support Child Nutrition program obligations does not depend on further action by Congress.”

Thank you for your patience during the past couple of weeks while we awaited more information on how the CACFP (Food Program) would be affected. This memo confirms that funding is available for reimbursements regardless of the shutdown.
snbauser 04:02 AM 10-16-2013
That's good news. Our checks are late this month. We typically get our checks by the 10th. We got a message that said they were mailed yesterday. We were told that although the funds were available, there was a delay in the transferring the funds from federal to state to sponsor because of the large number of employees furloughed.
LK5kids 05:49 AM 10-16-2013
No news here either!
Cradle2crayons 06:22 AM 10-16-2013
Sigh.... I wish I could get on the food program to help offset some of my costs.
Maria2013 10:18 AM 10-16-2013
Originally Posted by itlw8:
I got this in an email today from my FP sponsor

The USDA has issued a statement that they will have the funds to keep the Child and Adult Care Food Program running for several months regardless of what Congress does. We will keep you updated as we receive further information. We generally, try to limit the number of e-mails we send out, however, in this case we feel that you would prefer to be kept informed so we will e-mail as new information concerning the government shut-down is received
I'm thinking this is true no matter which FP we belong to right?

I don't get e-mail from my sponsor, I'm jealous
TomCopeland 03:16 PM 10-17-2013
Originally Posted by Maria2013:
I'm thinking this is true no matter which FP we belong to right?

I don't get e-mail from my sponsor, I'm jealous
Yes this applies to all Food Programs. Since the shutdown is over, there shouldn't be any issue of continuing to get paid for October and beyond - until the next shutdown...
Childminder 04:16 PM 10-17-2013
My FP rep was here today, she said we never were in any danger of getting our money. The money comes in grant form and is paid a year ahead.

Btw, I LOVE my rep, she has become a good friend and I do enjoy her visits!
TwinKristi 04:35 PM 10-17-2013
But their fiscal year ends in Oct so that's why Oct payments (in Dec) can sometimes be late. We received an email from our FP agent saying to be prepared for a delay for Oct's payment in Dec. Last year, even without a shut down our payment was 2 wks late! I was stressing since it's Dec and all! I hope (Oct) Dec is on time but I'm not counting on it!
Blackcat31 08:14 AM 10-18-2013
Originally Posted by TwinKristi:
But their fiscal year ends in Oct so that's why Oct payments (in Dec) can sometimes be late. We received an email from our FP agent saying to be prepared for a delay for Oct's payment in Dec. Last year, even without a shut down our payment was 2 wks late! I was stressing since it's Dec and all! I hope (Oct) Dec is on time but I'm not counting on it!
I think each agency dispenses the funds though differently.

One provider on here said she already received her reimbursement for September in the first few days of October.

I've also already received (and spent) my reimbursement for September. I got it on the 10th of October.

We submit our claims by the 3rd of the month and receive payment by the 10th-15th.

I will receive October claims by November 15 at the latest.
TwinKristi 09:54 AM 10-18-2013
Gotcha... Ours is a little different. We submit by the 3rd (or 5th? I forget, I always do it on the first day of the month) and we get it sometime during the first week of the following month. So we submit our Sept. claim in Oct. and get paid for it in early Nov.
Tags:food program, sponsor
Reply Up