Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Cribs!
Meeko 05:48 AM 09-25-2012
I just bought two of these for my daycare. Will buy a couple more soon if these work as well as I think they will. They are as small as a PNP, but all wood. They fold flat and slide easily under a bed, or in a closet etc. They fit through doorways too.

I got tired of little fingers poking holes in the mesh on my PNP's and found the mesh hard to clean without taking it outside and hosing it down! I also have some droolers who like to gum the PNP rails and they get gross and are hard to get clean. I can just wipe these babies down!

I bought the espresso brown color. Excited to get them!
Attached: dream-on-me-portable3.jpg (41.1 KB) 
Blackcat31 06:02 AM 09-25-2012
Nice! Were they expensive?

After the CPSC changed the rules about crib regulations, my licensor has warned us to expect rule changes about PNP's too. I am trying to be proactive and think about what I want to buy in place of the PNP's and this looks like it might be a great alternative since they fold flat and can store easily.

I'll be interested in hearing how well they work for you after you have used them for a bit.
Meeko 06:23 AM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Nice! Were they expensive?

After the CPSC changed the rules about crib regulations, my licensor has warned us to expect rule changes about PNP's too. I am trying to be proactive and think about what I want to buy in place of the PNP's and this looks like it might be a great alternative since they fold flat and can store easily.

I'll be interested in hearing how well they work for you after you have used them for a bit.
I got them on sale for $104 each. Not too much more than a new PNP. But I am hoping they last longer. I especially like the mattress. My PNP's have pads only.

I too have been warned that certain PNP's may not meet new regs before too long. So it helped me decide on these. They meet all the new rules.

I believe this is the latest on PNP's from the CPSC

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml12/12214.html

My licensor says PNP's will "probably" still be allowed, but will have to be new ones. I didn't like "probably" and as I have little hole makers...I decided on these!
Crazy8 06:32 AM 09-25-2012
where did you find them for $104 and did you have to pay shipping?? I saw it on amazon for $129 w/free shipping. I just bought a new pnp and hate it - was looking at these porta-cribs as an alternative. While they do fold flat they are still big and you have to store the crib and the mattress. Since they are stored in my own kids rooms I don't know if I have the space for that. At least a pack n play folds compactly and can stand in the corner.
Crystal 06:34 AM 09-25-2012
I bought two of those in espresso last spring. I LOVE them! They are so convenient, clean easily and I can put them away easily! I ordered mine through wal-mart with free shipping to store for the same price. Good pick Meeko, you will love them!
Meeko 07:02 AM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
where did you find them for $104 and did you have to pay shipping?? I saw it on amazon for $129 w/free shipping. I just bought a new pnp and hate it - was looking at these porta-cribs as an alternative. While they do fold flat they are still big and you have to store the crib and the mattress. Since they are stored in my own kids rooms I don't know if I have the space for that. At least a pack n play folds compactly and can stand in the corner.
I got them off Amazon with free shipping. For some reason the espresso color was cheaper than the other colors, but was what I wanted! They only had two left. Mine will stay up for the most part. My daycare is in my basement and only used for daycare....so I don't have to put them up and down.
Meeko 07:03 AM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by Crystal:
I bought two of those in espresso last spring. I LOVE them! They are so convenient, clean easily and I can put them away easily! I ordered mine through wal-mart with free shipping to store for the same price. Good pick Meeko, you will love them!
Thanks Crystal! Nice to know someone who has them and loves them! Now I'm REALLY excited to start using them!
spud912 01:41 PM 09-25-2012
I've had these for nearly 2 years now and really love them. They are a little large (even when flat, they take up a lot of closet space, but I'm pretty limited on closet space). I would personally never get a pack n play for daycare purposes because I hate attempting to clean them. With these, you can deep clean them as much as you want in a small amount of time. They also seem comfortable and safer than a pack n play.

When I bought mine, I found them for a really good deal on Amazon (I think they were between $70 to $100, I can't remember exactly). It was a Christmas sale. If you're patient and check Amazon regularly, you can catch it on sale for around $100 or less.
Meeko 07:42 PM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by spud912:
I've had these for nearly 2 years now and really love them. They are a little large (even when flat, they take up a lot of closet space, but I'm pretty limited on closet space). I would personally never get a pack n play for daycare purposes because I hate attempting to clean them. With these, you can deep clean them as much as you want in a small amount of time. They also seem comfortable and safer than a pack n play.

When I bought mine, I found them for a really good deal on Amazon (I think they were between $70 to $100, I can't remember exactly). It was a Christmas sale. If you're patient and check Amazon regularly, you can catch it on sale for around $100 or less.
I'm going to watch Amazon and Walmart closely. My husband said that as some of you ladies have these cribs and love them, that we should order a couple more. In 24 hours, they are $20 more per crib! The prices do seem to fluctuate. I will keep an eye out for another deal though!
SunnyDay 07:52 PM 09-26-2012
We have similar ones but ours are Delta brand. I bought them at Buy Buy Baby with a 20% off coupon, so they were $104. I ended up having to buy better mattresses for them, though, because the ones they come with are so flimsy. The cribs have been great, though!
Fruitloops1 12:29 PM 09-27-2012
Are they short like PNP's? My PNP's are side by side and I lean over the side. Those are very nice....
Meeko 12:30 PM 09-27-2012
Originally Posted by Azra11:
Are they short like PNP's? My PNP's are side by side and I lean over the side. Those are very nice....
A little taller than PNP's, but about the same floor size.
Tags:crib
Reply Up