Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do you have a favorite nap mat?
Ms.Jessica 07:28 AM 08-02-2015
Hi ladies, for the last several years I have been caring for a few kiddos off and on by just adding them to my brood and off we go. My youngest is going off to kindergarten in a few weeks and I am ready to set up my childcare officially.
I goal is to take in 3-4 preschool age kiddos at a time. I am looking to purchase several nap mats to have on hand but i am not sure which brand/size to get.
I dont want to break the bank but I want to keep the kids comfy enough that they are not restless. The area I have available for napping/rest time is on hardwood.
TIA!
NoMoreJuice! 08:09 AM 08-02-2015
First, let me start by advising you to check with your licensing (if you are licensed). My state regulations require us to nap children on carpet only, no hardwoods, and that nap mats must be a minimum of 1/2" thick. So, I purchased these for every child:

https://store.schoolspecialty.com/OA...ynyxoCtnbw_wcB
Ms.Jessica 08:59 AM 08-02-2015
I will be legally exempt from licensing but registered with the state. My numbers will max at 4.
However, I do want to keep things as close to regulation as possible.
I may be able to put down a rug in that room.
Thanks for the link!
Febby 10:29 AM 08-02-2015
Haha, I actually hate mats and much prefer cots because of my state's cleaning, sanitizing, and storage requirements. That said, mats take waaaaay less space.

I might just be terrible at putting sheets on mats, but I prefer the ones that don't fold, like this:
http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/pro...=1438536411418
Unregistered 11:43 AM 08-02-2015
I choose to have the families bring sleeping bags. When I had nap mats I just bought kinder mats from Wal-mart. I had the thinner ones, as kids were on carpet. They lasted for years. I don't know if they are made as well now.

I like how easy mats unfold and fold up. Plus the ease of storage. I hate dealing with cots! I have the sleeping bags in pop up mesh laundry bins. They are only $2.25 @ WM. I have room to store them this way.
Unregistered 12:18 PM 08-02-2015
I actually ask dcfs to provide a mat or blanket for their child. This way I don't have the added expense of buying mats. My floors are covered with rugs and those colorful matting.
Tags:mats
Reply Up