Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>FINALLY Satisfied!
gkids09 12:19 PM 09-22-2010
I totally rearranged my playroom today. I had a block area (kind of), a dramatic play area (again, kind of...), and a reading area that the kids weren't interested in at all. When my assistant took them outside I rearranged and completely changed the playroom. I am still not totally done, need two tables for art and writing, but it's very close to finished. I have a well-defined block and transportation center, a well-defined dramatic play area, a music area, a science table where we will put magnifying glasses and items that are related to what we are studying or what the kids are interested in, and a manipulatives center. I am so excited. I am finally satisfied with the way things look, and apparently the kids are too. One came in and said "OH MY GOSH, LOOK AT OUR COOL NEW ROOM!" lol Another said, "LOOK! LOOK AT THIS! IT'S AWESOME! COOL! IT'S AWESOME!" So I think I'll take those as compliments.
Oh, I also have an audio book center and a felt board in our VERY well-defined reading area. I think all this will make for more organized play, and not so much fighting and total chaos....that's the plan anyway!
DCMomOf3 12:25 PM 09-22-2010
so cool! I wish I had someone here to help me do the same to my room.
WImom 12:26 PM 09-22-2010
Post some pics if you get a chance
gkids09 12:30 PM 09-22-2010
Originally Posted by Quincy:
so cool! I wish I had someone here to help me do the same to my room.
I actually googled preschool learning center ideas and got TONS. lol It took forever to do, and I am sore from it, but it was so worth it! haha!! I am so proud of myself, because I've been putting it off for so long.

When I get my two tables for writing and art, I'll post a picture!
MommyMuffin 07:11 AM 09-23-2010
Yes I would love to see a picture. What color are your walls? I am building my basement and am thinking about layouts ect. What size is your daycare space?
Tags:remodel, upgrade
Reply Up