Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: What type of set up do you use for potty training?
Plastic Potty 6 14.29%
Toilet Only 8 19.05%
Toilet and Stepstool 4 9.52%
Toilet and Potty Seat 5 11.90%
Toilet, Stepstool and Potty Seat 25 59.52%
Other 2 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Potty Poll
mamac 08:07 AM 08-17-2013
What type of set up do you use for potty training?

I left this as multiple choice in case you use more than one.
Blackcat31 08:25 AM 08-17-2013
I have a plastic seat that snaps on the big toilet, a step stool, a potty chair and the toilet.

Whatever the child is comfortable with.

(Oh! and I have a sink too in case that gal from Sugar's daycare stops by. )
Cradle2crayons 10:59 AM 08-17-2013
I have a special toilet seat installed that has a lid, a second seat with a smaller hole and a regular hole. Is all one piece on hinges. Very cheap at lowes. And there no need for a separate toilet seat to out on the actual toilet.

And then I have a step stool
e.j. 11:34 AM 08-17-2013
I don't use anything other than the regular toilet. I place the kids on the toilet backwards when they're first learning. They seem to be better able to balance and most don't get as scared sitting that way. Eventually, once they're comfortable using the toilet, they turn themselves around to face the front. There is a step stool in the bathroom if they feel they need it once I stop helping but very few seem to use it other than to reach the sink to wash their hands.
mamac 12:56 PM 08-17-2013
I use just the toilet. No stepstools or anything. The reason for this thread is I was curious how many others do this as well because of the "wiping" issue. I know a lot of you have said you don't wipe beyond a certain age, but what do you do if they aren't tall enough to stand without "scooting" across the toilet seat and leaving a mess?

I'm thinking I will probably need to get some sort of stool because although I don't mind wiping until my own kids are tall enough I really don't think I'll be wanting to do that for every dck that comes through my door.
mamac 01:20 PM 08-17-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I have a plastic seat that snaps on the big toilet, a step stool, a potty chair and the toilet.

Lol. I remember that! Too funny!
itlw8 05:36 PM 08-17-2013
I start with a potty chair because I usually have more than one training at the same time so they all sit together also
mema 07:42 PM 08-17-2013
I have a step stool by the regular toilet and a seat to put on the toilet if they want. Most have started off using the little seat, but after a few days, use just the regular one. My dd loved the little seat since her tush was tiny (and still is) and she felt like she was falling in.
Sugar Magnolia 06:18 AM 08-18-2013

Pee in the Sink Mom. STILL funny.
Heidi 07:15 AM 08-18-2013

You beat me to it, I was going to make a sink joke too..
Blackcat31 07:18 AM 08-18-2013
Originally Posted by Heidi:
You beat me to it, I was going to make a sink joke too..
Lol! I will never think of potty training again without that story popping into my head!!
daycare 09:06 AM 08-18-2013
I have the two in one drop down toilet seat cover that goes on the normal size toilet with a step stool.
Former Teacher 09:13 AM 08-18-2013
I voted "other" because whatever the child is comfy with is fine with me!
Sunshine74 04:39 PM 08-18-2013
We have two toilets in our toddler bathroom. One child sized one that they need a small bench to get onto, and one tiny toddler sized one that they can just sit on. Both are regular flush toilets, just one is super tiny.
LK5kids 06:15 AM 08-19-2013

Same here...all three and a sink too!
Reply Up