Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Minute Menu Kids/HX Lite/Food Program
rebekki78 08:38 AM 06-03-2014
I purchased Minute Menu Kids Pro from my food program. I do not use it to submit forms, only to keep tax records (I submit paper menu to FP). They recently switched over to Minute Menu HX Lite, and I want to keep my Minute Menu Kids Pro. I could probably uninstall the MM I have and then repurchase MMK on the MM website. My problem is, I don't think it will save and transfer all of my information. I am trying to do this the easiest way without loosing all of the information that I have already entered. Is this possible? I already lost all of my meal counts for this year since they didn't transfer over. I might just need uninstall and start over. I can't do both since I have some children here for 11 hours and so I can claim them more on taxes then on the food program.
melilley 11:13 AM 06-03-2014
Ugh, our food program just switched too. We had MMK Pro, but now it's the updated version and I don't like it. Your fp sponsor should have told you that they were switching so that you could have printed out or saved your records!

I'm not sure if you could transfer everything over if you switch, but I do know that if you do buy MMK Pro, it costs a ton more than if you buy it from the fp!

Also, you can claim the children on the fp and then any extra meals/snacks that you give the children, you can also claim through the standard deduction. I can't remember, but I think you can claim up to 3 meals and 3 snacks. Someone else could probably explain this better to you, sorry!

Oh and if you don't mind me asking, why don't you claim the kids online? For me it's so much easier than doing paper menus!

Oh and you could call MMK if you do decide to buy the other one and ask how or if you can transfer info. I know when we switched, I had to print off meal counts and menus, but the rest of my info was transferred. Oh and you can still claim all your previous meals and snacks, just keep track by attendance. The only reason you would need records if if you get audited and if the state comes in to monitor the fp.

Sorry I kept going on and on..I keep thinking of something else to say...lol
rebekki78 11:58 AM 06-03-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
Ugh, our food program just switched too. We had MMK Pro, but now it's the updated version and I don't like it. Your fp sponsor should have told you that they were switching so that you could have printed out or saved your records!

They did and I printed them all out, but it didn't save them on the program for end of the year tax counts. Now I need to go through and count them out. just an added hassle, that's all.

I'm not sure if you could transfer everything over if you switch, but I do know that if you do buy MMK Pro, it costs a ton more than if you buy it from the fp!
That is why I am wondering. It is quite expensive. I got it for 1/6 of the cost through my FP.

Also, you can claim the children on the fp and then any extra meals/snacks that you give the children, you can also claim through the standard deduction. I can't remember, but I think you can claim up to 3 meals and 3 snacks. Someone else could probably explain this better to you, sorry!
I do know the rules. I can claim more meals on my taxes at the end of the year then I can through the FP.

Oh and if you don't mind me asking, why don't you claim the kids online? For me it's so much easier than doing paper menus!
See above answer. I can claim more on taxes then on FP. If I submit my finished menu through the MMK to my FP then I am over claiming on meals and snacks since some children are here for a long time, so I don't get a perfect menu certificate through my FP. The numbers are different so I need two sets of information. On set of info for taxes, one set of info to claim on FP.

Oh and you could call MMK if you do decide to buy the other one and ask how or if you can transfer info. I know when we switched, I had to print off meal counts and menus, but the rest of my info was transferred. Oh and you can still claim all your previous meals and snacks, just keep track by attendance. The only reason you would need records if if you get audited and if the state comes in to monitor the fp.
I might call them. It transferred all of my information except my "counts" and my menus.

Sorry I kept going on and on..I keep thinking of something else to say...lol
My answers are in bold. Thank you! I might just start using MM to submit to FP and figure out another way to count meal counts for tax purposes.
melilley 12:05 PM 06-03-2014
Originally Posted by rebekki78:
My answers are in bold. Thanks
See above answer. I can claim more on taxes then on FP. If I submit my finished menu through the MMK then I am over claiming on meals and snacks since some children are here a long time, so I don't get a perfect menu certificate through my FP. The numbers are different so I need two sets of information. On for taxes, one to claim on FP.

Oh that's really weird, I record all of my meals, even the ones that don't count for fp and I always get perfect menu certificates. And when I did my taxes, my tax lady took in account my fp counts and any meals/snacks that weren't covered through the fp, but I could keep track through MMK and record them for proof. It must be different through your sponsor.?
rebekki78 12:13 PM 06-03-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:

Oh that's really weird, I record all of my meals, even the ones that don't count for fp and I always get perfect menu certificates. And when I did my taxes, my tax lady took in account my fp counts and any meals/snacks that weren't covered through the fp, but I could keep track through MMK and record them for proof. It must be different through your sponsor.?
Must be. If I over claim then I don't get a perfect menu certificate, and those are good to use towards training vouchers, which saves me cash!
melilley 12:36 PM 06-03-2014
Must be. If I over claim then I don't get a perfect menu certificate, and those are good to use towards training vouchers, which saves me cash!
I get them, but live 45 min away from the office so they don't really do me any good.
rebekki78 05:35 AM 06-04-2014
They are good for online training as well.
melilley 07:33 AM 06-04-2014
They are good for online training as well.
Mine say to bring them to the office to redeem. Well I do get training vouchers every once in a while. I'll have to look into it, I've been discarding them. Thanks!
Tags:minute menu kids pro, mmk
Reply Up