Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Would You Do - Vacation Pay
Unregistered 01:45 PM 02-17-2011
I'm registered I just forgot my password and don't have time to retrieve it right now.

I am going on vacation in a couple of weeks. My policy is full timers pay half the rate and part timers pay the full rate. I was planning on changing everyone to half-rate but just have not done that yet.

Anyway, I get my part time family's schedule a month in advance. She did not mark any days down for the week I am gone. I don't know if she just did not read my policy book as well as she said or what. I don't know how to bring up the fact that she can't just say they weren't coming that week when they come every other week. They are a great family and normally very on top of things. I am pretty annoyed by this right now but don't know what to say to her...

They get a full week of unpaid vacation. They do not pay for childcare when I am gone, they have family do it.
Unregistered 01:59 PM 02-17-2011
Did she know of your vacation prior to giving you her schedule? Maybe she just left off that week because she knew you weren't going to be open. I would simply give her a written reminder...she doesn't have to know she is the only family getting the note... and in the note remind her/everybody that payment is expected for your time off, when payment is expected and how much she owes for the week.
melskids 02:00 PM 02-17-2011
well, if she knows you're away that week, maybe thats why she didnt mark any days down?
heyhun77 03:08 PM 02-17-2011
How far in advance does she need to give you their schedule? I'd say that if she gave you their schedule in advance and she isn't held to a certain number of care days per week then she's done what she needs to do. I don't do unpaid vacations and this situation is why I don't do part time (among other reasons). It's a gray area if she doesn't have a set amount of days per week in her contract because she's basically telling you that they won't be with you that week which I'm assuming would be okay with you if you weren't on vacation that week. maybe I'm reading it wrong.
Unregistered 05:55 PM 02-17-2011
I gave all parents my vacation and holidays for the entire year, so she knew well in advance. They come at least two days a week sometimes three. Sure she may not have written them down because she knows I will be gone but my vacations are paid. Maybe I should just ask her if she was planning on using her free vacation the same week.
Abigail 08:45 PM 02-17-2011
I would ask her if she wants to use her free vacation days or else its XX amount for your paid vacation due on XX date.
Tags:paid vacations, vacation pay, vacation policy
Reply Up