Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>She Signed!!!!
NiNi.R. 05:33 AM 10-03-2011
I posted last week about changing my rates to the rate system nannyde used. I was sooo nervous and sick about using my "backbone". I expected one mom to hand me her 30 days notice this morning because her weekly rate would go up $10.00/week if she continued to pick them up at the 6:00 time. She would no longer get to keep them here an extra day than normal for free. She would also pay a fee on days her daughter wasn't in school and came to daycare instead.

Instead this morning I got handed the signed contract...guess all the above and beyond I have done for her over the last couple of years is worth the extra $$$ she is going to have to spend to keep them here with me.

It's going to be a good week!
nannyde 05:36 AM 10-03-2011
Woot

The graduated rate schedule would do a lot for providers getting due compensation for hours and parents doing as much as they can to have as much time as they can't afford with their kids.

win win for the kid and the providers
godiva83 05:44 AM 10-03-2011
Great news!
I think if parents know they have a good thing going... They mostly do their best to keep it that way
cheerfuldom 06:12 AM 10-03-2011
great! I wouldn't be surprised if she shopped around for rates and was forced to see how great you are.
MarinaVanessa 11:15 AM 10-03-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
great! I wouldn't be surprised if she shopped around for rates and was forced to see how great you are.
This is exactly what I was thinking too. I bet she called around for pricing, maybe even did an interview or two ... or who knows? Maybe she just didn't want to hassle with the trouble of having to do all of the work it takes to find another DC lol. All in all you are commended for standing up and taking the reins. If she does ever decide to leave your DC at least she'll think twice the next time that she thinks to sneak a couple of "extras". Congrats!!
NiNi.R. 11:52 AM 10-03-2011
Yeah who knows what she did. I know a lot of daycares around here are advertising so it wouldn't have been hard for her to switch. But I also know that a lot of them daycares probably wouldn't give her the option to leave their kids there until 6pm.
Tags:first spot, new clients, positive
Reply Up