Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Paid
tenderhearts 08:29 AM 01-26-2018
I have only accepted checks, cash but are there new things out there that offer different ways to get paid that are free?
Blackcat31 08:31 AM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
I have only accepted checks, cash but are there new things out there that offer different ways to get paid that are free?
I have parents use e-pay options through their banks.

Today's technology allows for people to send money to anyone instantly via bank apps etc.

Most my families have electronic bill pay options through their online banking site or app. They just need to add you (most of the time its just name, e-mail address and bank not account number that is needed to be shared) and then the "bill" or invoice is paid that way.

Most my families use Zelle. Easy, immediate and free.
tenderhearts 08:41 AM 01-26-2018
That's good to know, is this the only way you allow payment? and if I did something like this, how do they set it up for every monday since it's not like a certain date like payments due certain dates.
Blackcat31 08:47 AM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
That's good to know, is this the only way you allow payment? and if I did something like this, how do they set it up for every monday since it's not like a certain date like payments due certain dates.
I accepted all forms of payment until January 1, 2018. Now I ONLY accept electronic payments. It's so much easier and there is tracking abilities that make end of year statements and accounting easier for everyone.

I think you set e-pay options up to be reoccurring (every Monday) or you simply have to initiate a payment each time. Either way, even if a parent has to actually initiate the payment every time it's due I see it no differently than taking the same amount of time and writing a check or going to the ATM.

I provide parents with a calendar highlighting their payment dates for the year so they can hang it on their fridge and easily see payment is due.
Blackcat31 08:53 AM 01-26-2018
Oh, and I had a family that resisted...just kept saying it was easier for them to write checks. I am sure it was but it wasn't easier for me so I just put my foot down and said here are your options:

Electronic payment via bank OR paper checks.

Of course there is a fee for writing a check though.... $10 additional for each check written. It covered, time and gas to go to the bank.

I used to use a deposit app where I could just take a photo of the check and it would deposit but none of my parents seem to know how to write legibly so the app constantly refused to accept the photo of their check and I got tired of the additional time it took to "fix" the situation.

Now my check writing family "insists" they had no idea how easy using Zelle really was... if they had known it was that easy, they'd have done it much earlier.

What they really meant was "now that you are charging me an extra $40-50 a month, it was motivation enough for me to figure out how to use Zelle"

Either way, I win.
tenderhearts 10:16 AM 01-26-2018
great thank you. I know that our bank allows us to take a picture of our checks and send it for deposit I thought about looking into that too but I also know that alot of my parents only write checks to me so in a way I feel like I would be helping them out.
Tags:electronic payments, payment options
Reply Up