Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do U Justify?
PitterPatter 08:06 PM 08-01-2011
As if we should have to but...

I'm having guilt trips from a DCM. The one I already helped out by opening a little earlier and allowing some Saturday care. She did finally get the forms in so I will get paid BTW...

She has laid guilt trips on me (or attempted to) every Monday now for 3 weeks in a row. She comes and complains about her job as always and I smile and scoot her on her way politley as always. But every Monday she comes and says she had to call off on Sunday AGAIN because her back up sitter had drama again (she proceeds to go into detail about this girls private drama). Now she may get fired for calling off again blah blah...

I don't know what to say to this anymore. I have tried telling her I'm sorry she had to call off but I can not work on Sundays. I absolutley refuse. I have a family of my own we have things to do, we have church etc. Yet again today (monday), she comes again with the guilt trip and she needs Sunday care too because she is never off on a Sunday... Blah blah blah.. I told her not only can I not do Sunday but I will also be unavailable for this Saturday as well due to a training class I must take in order to stay certified by the state. So then I get "ok since u will be taking Saturday off can the kids come Sunday" What the heck does it take to get through her skull??? Again I say no. So then she says " I only get 1 day off per week too and since I am off tomorrow then that gives u an extra day off" Ummm Nooo I still have a part time kids some days!! Sometimes the DCPs days off do line up but even then shouldn't that just be a YAY for me freebie? Why should I take that as my day off and work around her schedule. Getting long winded here sorry back to the question. HOW do I get her to stop the Monday morning guilt trips? How do I justify wanting Sundays and some Saturdays off with her babbling about she only get's 1 day off. I am surprised she even has a job! From what I hear Sundays are the busiest day and forbidden to call off. She has done it 3 Sundays in a row now telling them she doesnt have a sitter.
Tags:backbone, drama, enforcing policies - consistency, hours of operation, parent - unrealistic expectations, provider - burnout risk, sunday care, weekend care
Up