Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Summer Break
lilmonkeys 06:51 AM 02-09-2016
hello fellow providers!
I have a couple questions. I have a few kids in my daycare that have siblings that will be attending the daycare during summer break. one of the parents said there will be about 3 weeks during summer break that the kids won't be here because they will be on vacation. I charge for care for reg. full time kids regardless, should I do the same for summer break kids as well?

childcaremom 06:58 AM 02-09-2016
I would.

Side note: We are shovelling out after a blizzard and the idea of summer... seems a long way off.
Unregistered 08:47 AM 02-09-2016
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
I would.

Side note: We are shovelling out after a blizzard and the idea of summer... seems a long way off.
I would allow them to use their regular vacation time with me. Mine is 7 days/year.
daycarediva 10:51 AM 02-09-2016
It depends for me. If they were awesome clients I might either not charge or charge half rate. If they weren't..ehhhh.

Although every time I offer a break it ends up biting me in the rear.
KSDC 11:04 AM 02-09-2016
I would, unless you think you can fill the spot with another child. My families are paying for the spot, whether they use it or not.
lovemydaycare0912 01:05 PM 02-09-2016
I agree. I would charge up front if you can. What if they don't come back after vacation. But I know some parents might not like that idea.
Thriftylady 01:47 PM 02-09-2016
Depends. Will there be a contract saying the kids will be with you for the summer or will it be a drop in situation where you will keep them IF you have space? If it is a full time whole summer thing, then do the contract and do what you normally do for vacations. If it is drop in type care, then I wouldn't charge for it.
Reply Up