Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advertising Ideas
jenh171 01:37 PM 06-25-2010
I've been lucky in that I've had the same 5 children for quite a while. I am now losing 2 full-timers and I've been advertising on Craig's List and I have my business cards around. I also have tried to drum up business thru facebook and my blog. I had an ad in the local paper, but I didn't renew it b/c I got no responses through it. I just wanted to know if anyone had any other creative ideas for advertising that perhaps I hadn't thought of. I really have had the best luck through word of mouth, but there's not really any way to maximize that much further!
Genesis Lady 03:16 PM 06-25-2010
I am a new provider, I have been licensed just over 60 days. I have used Craigslists and flyers, with no luck My website should be completed next week and I just ordered some additional marketing items such as a yard sign, car magnets and postcards. I am praying that this helps, I am staying focused and positive and trying really hard not to get discouraged. I have received some calls from the Craigslist ads and flyers, mostly people wanting to know if I am hiring for assistants, I have had 2 appointments that were a no-show. I know that people are seeing the flyers and ads...maybe just the wrong people or maybe I am doing something wrong. I am anxiously awaiting the responses to your post.
booroo 03:18 PM 06-25-2010
Get some books, tape your business cards on them and donate to the Doctors offices!! Flyers in the doctors offices!!
Janet 03:30 PM 06-25-2010
The best advertising in the world is by word of mouth. Also, current daycare parents may be more likely to recommend you to someone else if they can benefit as well. I offer an incentive to current parents who recommend me to others (provided that the person that I get recommended to signs a contract and then the current parent gets their incentive once the new family is in care for at least 2 weeks)
gkids09 03:36 PM 06-25-2010
One thing I've heard of/tried before is to order a lot of ink pens with your business information on them. Then, keep a ton in your purse. When you go places (grocery store, mall, restaurant, wherever), sign with your pen, and then leave it. People pick up pens all the time. Of course this isn't a sure-fire way to get AWESOME clients, but you might get some interest and find some good clients!!
Another thing I've done, like you, is create a blog on blogspot. All the parents signed a permission form to have their child's picture on the website. I post some pictures, explain what we are doing, and then let it go from there. I just created the blog, so I can't tell you if it will help get business or if it will just keep the parents informed, but if the parents are pleased, they may share it with others.
Good luck. I know it's tough to replace kids sometimes!!
Michael 05:09 PM 06-25-2010
Suggest you list your facility in Daycare.com
https://daycare.com/php/start_new_signup.php

We get thousands of searches from parents daily.
jenh171 07:47 PM 06-25-2010
thank you for all of the suggestions. to the administrator: does a person have to be licensed to post one's home child care on your site?
DBug 10:03 AM 06-29-2010
Get some nice glossy posters made up through Vistaprint (or even the oversize postcards work well) and put them up EVERYWHERE in your neighbourhood -- grocery stores, corner stores, gas stations, bus stops, schools, doctors' & dentists' offices, churches ... anywhere they won't be taken down (or rained on). The more people see your daycare around, the more likely they are to contact you when they need care, or to pass on your name when someone they know is looking. My rule of thumb is that people need to hear about something at least 3 times before they'll do anything with that information. So, if they see your poster at the store, pick up your business card at the doctor's office, and then see your ad on Craigslist, they'll think "Oh yeah, I know her! I'll give her a call (or pass her name on to so-and-so)!" As well, if all of your advertising can have the same logo, wording, and look, people will become familiar with it (again, making them feel like they "know" you). And that helps drive word-of-mouth, which, as PPs have mentioned, is THE best advertising ever!
Unregistered 02:36 PM 06-29-2010
I am in NJ as well and I do well by listing on Craigslist and linking my website in the post. Also try MerchantCircle and Mantra. I got a new client through a promo on MerchantCircle.
jenh171 04:15 AM 06-30-2010
thank you! i really get a lot of responses through craig's list as well. i will look into merchant circle. thanks so much for the tip!
originalkat 05:43 AM 06-30-2010
I get most of my clients through word of mouth. However, putting up signs in the area has been what generated the most calls. I put up those Garage Sale sized signs with DAYCARE or CHILDCARE in large print along with my phone # and website. When I put them out I usually get about 7-10 calls.
The city picks them up after about a week because we arent technically supposed to put them out on corners. But it is still worth it because nothing else brings in that many calls all at once.
gbcc 07:28 AM 06-30-2010
Originally Posted by booroo:
Get some books, tape your business cards on them and donate to the Doctors offices!! Flyers in the doctors offices!!
Great idea! Has this worked for you in the past?
Tags:advertise
Reply Up