Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Toaster Oven
mema 07:33 AM 12-09-2013
What do you cook in yours? Our oven is out of commission for a while. The stove top works, but not the oven. I have a small group, so I should be able to cook enough at once in the toaster oven. I have never made more than toast, bagels, and quesadillas in it. Any suggestions?
jessrlee 07:36 AM 12-09-2013
Grilled cheese
sharlan 08:03 AM 12-09-2013
chicken
fries
baked potatoes

Really, anything that I bake in my big oven.
Cradle2crayons 08:21 AM 12-09-2013
I have a convection toaster oven. I can cook ANYTHING in it. Casseroles. Cornbread. Cakes. Cookies. Anything I'd put in a real oven.
coolconfidentme 08:27 AM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
I have a convection toaster oven. I can cook ANYTHING in it. Casseroles. Cornbread. Cakes. Cookies. Anything I'd put in a real oven.
Same here. I use it a lot in the summer time so I don't heat up the kitchen.
mema 08:36 AM 12-09-2013
Ok. Stupid question, but does it take the same amount of time to cook? We have the toaster oven for camping and just got it a few months ago, so didn't use it much.
Cradle2crayons 08:36 AM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:
Same here. I use it a lot in the summer time so I don't heat up the kitchen.
We bought ours originally for our camper because we removed all of the propane and gutted it. My daughter has issues with natural gas and propane heat. Anyway, we loved it so much we bought another one just like it for the house
Kimskiddos 08:54 AM 12-09-2013
I use mine a lot! In the summer it's way to hot to turn on the oven. I have a small group and pretty much any thing I can cook in the oven I do in the toaster oven. Although with mine I have to watch it carefully and cover with a piece of foil if it starts getting too dark. Just have an inexpensive one that is a top slice toaster/oven.
itlw8 08:55 AM 12-09-2013
same time as oven but less time to heat up/ I cook chicken nuggets. small pizza

We had one that we left plugged in all the time one morning I smelled smoke. I ran upstairs and a fire had just started. It had started heating on its own and someone had left a pot holder on top of it. Glad I worked form home. I never leave them plugged in anymore
Reply Up