Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bites?
daycarediva 10:44 AM 09-24-2015
Dck/drop in has these bug bites on specific areas of his body. During summer, he was covered. The mosquitos were bad this year, but it's cooled down enough here that they aren't that much of a concern. I told Mom to bring him to the pediatrician over summer for it, and have a dr note on file that they were, in fact, insect bites and he prescribed a prescription hydrocortisone cream as well as telling mom to cover him and use bug spray.

Fast forward to today, Mom didn't say anything, and he is wearing pants/long sleeved shirt. He started to wiggle around and make attempts at getting his clothing off, so I went to change him thinking it was the clothing (speech delay, probably spd/sid).

When I took off his shirt. OMG. He is COVERED. The bites are ALL over his back, down his arms, down his BUTT, legs, and there are even several in his hair/on his scalp.

I sent Mom a text. I'm pretty sure she is either infested with fleas or bed bugs. I'm requiring a doctors note before he can return next week, I bagged what he was wearing just in case. Im ready to term his drop in contract at this point (he comes 1/week now- I make $50/day but it's NOT worth a bug infestation). WWYD???
NoMoreJuice! 10:46 AM 09-24-2015
I had a dcg that was covered and wouldn't stop scratching, so I made her parents go to the dr. She had Staph!! Open wounds are very serious, they need to find out the source ASAP!
Ariana 10:52 AM 09-24-2015
oh my goodness, between this and the bed bugs thread I am itchy as hell over here

Have you googled bed bug bites to compare?
daycarediva 11:03 AM 09-24-2015
I googled and I can't stop itching now. I would guess bed bugs because of the clustering/lines and the grouping. Not scabies-no burrow lines. Probably not flea bites-his feet/lower legs are mostly spared and the bites aren't spaced out, they are mostly in lines.

GROSSS!!!!!!!
Ariana 10:13 AM 09-25-2015
oh no!!! poor you and poor kid
Reply Up