Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The 24/48 Rule
childcaremom 02:57 AM 01-25-2016
Has anyone had any upset dcps over this rule?

I am changing my illness policy to this today, effective immediately, and wondering how your parents reacted to the changes or this rule?

I have been contemplating this for a while now and the past few weeks of infection passing around have made me eager to get this implemented. The tipping point was last week, I am sure dcks had fevers here: checked temps and nothing out of the ordinary. But they all just seemed off. Turns out my thermometer was broken so chances are good that they all had one. So I am armed with 2 new thermometers (ear and forehead!) this morning and will be checking at drop off. But I'm tired of being a gatekeeper and want the parents to take the initiative to make sure their children are healthy, kwim?

I have included a note to highlight that it is for their child's benefit as it will help to maintain a healthy and sanitary daycare environment and is not meant to be punitive in any way. That I take care when sending children home from care, etc. I don't think my dcps will have an issue but, like any changes I make, I always worry.
Tags:24/48, illness policy, policy changes
Up