Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ca: Child Capacity Limit Question
Lovisa 12:38 PM 02-10-2016
Ok, so I have capacity limits questions. I do have a call in to my analyst but haven't heard back yet and am waiting to get back to a prospective new client until I hear back.

I am in Ca and from my understanding, I can have the following:

4 infants only OR
6 children-3 infant and 3 toddlers (no more than 3 infants total) OR
8 children (no more than 2 infants and 2 have to be school age).

Here is my question. Currently, I have a 1 year old and a 3.5 year old plus 2 of my own counting towards the school age kids. At the end of this month, my middle dd will turn 10 so I will only have 1 school age kid left under the age of 10. Also, next month I will be getting a new baby who is 4 months old. AND, I just got a call about having a part time 16 month old.

Would this be too many kiddos at once according to licensing?

4 month old
1 year old
1.5 year old
3.5 year old
8 year old

So technically it would be 3 infants, 1 toddler and 1 school age kiddo.
Thriftylady 12:57 PM 02-10-2016
I can't say for sure but I think you would be okay. Surely the SA kiddo would be fine, as long as you have no more than 3 infants and no more than six total. I am guessing you are fine.
Crystal 01:11 PM 02-10-2016
Yes, you would be within ratio.
MarinaVanessa 02:44 PM 02-10-2016
yes you're fine.
You could still even take one other child on as long as they were 2 years or older.
Your own 10 year old doesn't count in your ratio anymore.
sharlan 02:45 PM 02-10-2016
As long as you have 6 or less, you can have 3 infants (children under 2). If you have 7 or 8, you can only have 2 infants, 4, preschool age, and 2 school aged.
Lovisa 05:52 PM 02-10-2016
Thank you everyone, you were all right! Analyst called me back and she said it is fine as long as I get no more infants and don't go above 6 kiddos
Reply Up