Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>LONG Question Need Opinions!
playdate4 05:35 PM 10-20-2013
Ok so my best friend is bringing her baby to my home full time as Friday but here is the long story about her current provider background

DCM made a deposit on Aug 22nd and on Sept 2nd sitter tells DCM she is moving 15 miles away but would still like to keep baby. DCM said ok (which is 15 miles the other way from her already hour and 15 minute commute to work).

When best friend got prego I said no to caring for baby because she is my friend I didn't want to lose a friendship

Daycare provider has told DCM about finance issues.. not having money for meds etc..

So last week (Monday) daycare provider called in sick. DCM took day off and texted in the afternoon to see how sitter . Sitter said much better. 1:40am tuesday DCM gets a text that says "going to ER I am sick wont be able to work". DCM calls me. I sit for her and DCM asked for me to do it all week sitter has walking pneumonia.
I said sure.

Babysitter calls DCM Wed afternoon says she is much better and hinting she wants baby back on Thursday. DCM said "no I need to know I have adequate care for the week since I cant miss anymore this week". Sitter said ok.

Then sitter asked DCM if she could prepay $20 dollars by Thursday or Friday. DCM said "well I will just prepay for the 4 days you have her next week which is 80"
Provider said ok. Well all weekend we have seen provider buying things online from those FB groups but, whaterever besides the point...

Today DCM gives her notice (by text)that as of Thursday her daughter is going to different care.. (sitter took Friday off and the whole next week off due to moving so it is 2 weeks notice) DCM said its just gonna be to far to drive in winter etc.. and her afternoon transportation cant get there in adequate time.. At the end of text DCM says "I will give you a call tonight to talk."

No response from daycare provider. DCM tried to call provider and NO answer.

Do you wonder if she will be ready for baby in AM or will she stand DCM up??
Unregistered 07:36 PM 10-20-2013
Originally Posted by jbshell:
ok so my best friend is bringing her baby to my home full time as Friday but here is the long story about her current provider!Back round DCM made a deposit on Aug 22nd Sept 2nd sitter tells DCM she is moving 15 miles away but would still like to keep baby and DCM said ok (which is 15 miles the other way from her already hour and 15 minute commute to work) ( when best friend got prego I said no to caring for baby because sh eis my friend I didn't want to lose a friendship)
Daycare provider has told DCM about finance issues.. not having money for meds etc..
So last week Monday daycare provided called in sick DCM took day off and texted in the afternoon to see how sitter was sitter said much better 1:40am tuesday DCM gets a text that says going to ER I am sick wont be able to work DCM calls me I sit for her and DCM asked for me to do it all week sitter has walking phAmmonia (sp) I said sure. babysitter calls DCM wed afternoon says she is much better and hinting she wants baby back on Thursday DCM said no I need to know I have adequate care for the week since I cant miss anymore this week sitter said ok.. then sitter said DCM if she could prepay 20 dollars by Thursday or Friday DCM said well I will just prepay for the 4 days you have her next week which is 80 provider said ok.. well all weekend we have seen provider buying things online from those fb groups but whaterever besides the point...today DCM gives her notice (by text)that as of Thursday her daughter is going to different care.. (sitter took Friday off and the whole next week off due to moving (so it is 2 weeks notice) DCM said its just gonna be to far to drive in winter etc.. and her afternoon transportation cant get there in adequate time.. at the end of text DCM says I will give you a call tonight to talk.. No response from Daycare provider DCM tried to call provider and NO answer.. DO you wonder if she will be ready for bbay in AM or will she stand DCM up??
Wow! First off that is a lot for a weeks time! As for the provider purchasing items on FB that has no relevance to anything. She works for her money and she can spend it how ever she wants. Providers do get sick. It really stinks to close but we really don't have any control over it. It is great that you were able to watch her child during that time so she wouldn't miss anymore work.

The mother giving notice. I completely understand because that is a lot of driving and a lot of money for gas. To what you wrote it sounds like she is pulling her not because of the transportation but because the provider was sick and had to take time off.

The provider not answering her text or call. She could be avoiding her or she could have something going on in her own life. There really isn't a way to know. If I receive a text from a parent saying I will call you tonight. I'm not going to waste 1 of my 500 texts just to say "ok".

It is possible the daycare provider won't be able tomorrow but it is also possible that she will be available. There is no way to tell until she try's. If the mom is worried about it have her send the baby to you. I haven't heard of a provider not answering the door just because the are upset with a parent. Maybe texting or calling first thing in the morning.

Also your post would be a lot easier to read if you used more sentences. It was pretty difficult to understand the first time around.
JoseyJo 07:54 PM 10-20-2013
So your friend is bringing her child to you as of this coming Friday? And you want to know if we think the current provider will be available tomorrow through this Thursday to watch your friend's child?

If I understood that right then I would say there is really no way to know if the current provider will be available tomorrow unless if she can reach her by phone tonight or early tomorrow. The options then would be to drive out there and see, or to just send the baby to you if you are willing to start earlier than Friday.
playdate4 05:23 AM 10-21-2013
No its transportation issues it puts on another 30 minutes of her already 1.15 hour commute. DCM had she known prior to making deposit that provider was moving to another state 15 miles away would have never went with this provider and DCM found out they had already had a closing date by the time provider accepted deposit. and was told after check was cashed that provider was moving Grandma picks baby up from provider and stressed to DCM and DCD she doesn't like the 40 minute round trip to pick up child.. HAS nothing to do with provider being sick.

Provider did respond last night with see you in the am.
kimsdaycare 05:28 AM 10-21-2013
I'm reading this as DCM gave two weeks notice via text and has 4 days remaining with current provider? And lack of response is making you wonder if she will turn her away for those last 4 days? And this is a new provider to this family correct?

My guess is that she may be upset enough and thinking the term was due to her illness that she may just cut ties now. If she had posted this scenario on here as a provider, I'm thinking most would just say since the dcm has a new provider in place it would be easier that suffering the last few days angry with each other.

Not what I would do, but no response from dcp makes me wonder if thats her intent.

So in a nutshell, I would just keep trying to reach her to confirm and have a back-up plan in case.
playdate4 11:22 AM 10-21-2013
Update is.. Provider took infant barely talked to DCM.
sleepinghart 01:44 PM 10-21-2013
Ok so my best friend is bringing her baby to my home full time as Friday but here is the long story about her current provider background

DCM made a deposit on Aug 22nd and on Sept 2nd sitter tells DCM she is moving 15 miles away but would still like to keep baby. DCM said ok (which is 15 miles the other way from her already hour and 15 minute commute to work).

When best friend got prego I said no to caring for baby because she is my friend I didn't want to lose a friendship

So last week (Monday) daycare provider called in sick. DCM took day off and texted in the afternoon to see how sitter . Sitter said much better. 1:40am tuesday DCM gets a text that says "going to ER I am sick wont be able to work". DCM calls me. I sit for her and DCM asked for me to do it all week sitter has walking pneumonia.
I said sure.

Babysitter calls DCM Wed afternoon says she is much better and hinting she wants baby back on Thursday. DCM said "no I need to know I have adequate care for the week since I cant miss anymore this week". Sitter said ok.

Then sitter asked DCM if she could prepay $20 dollars by Thursday or Friday. DCM said "well I will just prepay for the 4 days you have her next week which is 80"
Provider said ok. Well all weekend we have seen provider buying things online from those FB groups but, whaterever besides the point...

Today DCM gives her notice (by text)that as of Thursday her daughter is going to different care.. (sitter took Friday off and the whole next week off due to moving so it is 2 weeks notice) DCM said its just gonna be to far to drive in winter etc.. and her afternoon transportation cant get there in adequate time.. At the end of text DCM says "I will give you a call tonight to talk."

No response from daycare provider. DCM tried to call provider and NO answer.

Do you wonder if she will be ready for baby in AM or will she stand DCM up??
~Good...I see daycare provider was available and took the child into care. So, how long has DCP been taking care of this child or did you already say and I just missed it(...sorry if I did)?

Today DCM gives her notice (by text)that as of Thursday her daughter is going to different care.. (sitter took Friday off and the whole next week off due to moving so it is 2 weeks notice) DCM said its just gonna be to far to drive in winter etc.. and her afternoon transportation cant get there in adequate time.. At the end of text DCM says "I will give you a call tonight to talk
~I'm also not understanding how this is a 2-week notice given. And since it wasn't disclosed to Mom upon giving deposit about the move, is she going to try to get her deposit back from the provider or anything?
playdate4 03:49 PM 10-21-2013
Originally Posted by sleepinghart:
~Good...I see daycare provider was available and took the child into care. So, how long has DCP been taking care of this child or did you already say and I just missed it(...sorry if I did)?

Today was the providers 6th day

~I'm also not understanding how this is a 2-week notice given. And since it wasn't disclosed to Mom upon giving deposit about the move, is she going to try to get her deposit back from the provider or anything?
First Monday in November would be 2 weeks but provider is taking off oct 25th tru til Monday November 4th..
playdate4 03:50 PM 10-21-2013
Oh and no deposit coming back to DCM it was used for this last week of care.
Tags:transportation issues
Reply Up