Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Night Care
JBWWCC 02:26 PM 04-10-2018
I am looking for advice on night time care. I live in an area (without giving my location up) that would benefit a lot of parents for me to be open at night. My normal operational hours are from 0500-1800, and that is when I run my curriculum. My night time hours would be from 1800-0500. My questions are:
- We have a completely separate "sleeping room" for the dcks, with 24/7 monitoring. Obviously parents sleep when they have their children, but how do I responsibly?
- Should there be a night time differential? For instance, I charge $4/hr for 2 and up $5/hr for infants (which I don't think would be comfortable taking at night). Should it be more for night time? Or less because all I have to do is feed dinner/bath and get them in bed for the night?
hwichlaz 03:19 PM 04-10-2018
Originally Posted by JBWWCC:
I am looking for advice on night time care. I live in an area (without giving my location up) that would benefit a lot of parents for me to be open at night. My normal operational hours are from 0500-1800, and that is when I run my curriculum. My night time hours would be from 1800-0500. My questions are:
- We have a completely separate "sleeping room" for the dcks, with 24/7 monitoring. Obviously parents sleep when they have their children, but how do I responsibly?
- Should there be a night time differential? For instance, I charge $4/hr for 2 and up $5/hr for infants (which I don't think would be comfortable taking at night). Should it be more for night time? Or less because all I have to do is feed dinner/bath and get them in bed for the night?
In California you can sleep while children are in bed, as long as the door to the room that you are sleeping in, and the room they are sleeping in is open and you’ll hear them and be able to respond if they wake up.

Chances are your daycare parents get paid MORE for working at night, not less. Keep your fees the same.
Tags:night care, night care - rates
Reply Up