Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Summer Program
busymomof2 04:23 PM 03-23-2011
Wondering if anyone offers a summer program or anything different for the summer. What do you do? Thanks!
jessrlee 05:38 PM 03-23-2011
We join the library's summer reading program. The kids get a prize for every 200 pages up to 4000 and then have the chance to win a nintendo ds (yes I do know that this negates the whole reading thing) and it keeps all of the big ones busy during naptime!
missnikki 06:47 AM 03-24-2011
Yes. I do a 'Summer Camp' for ages 2- 8th grade (I get around 18 pre-k's and around 30 school agers) that runs either 9 or 10 weeks long. I offer the following:

Mondays: walk to local public swimming pool, reserved for 1 hour and have a picnic lunch at the park
Tuesdays: Hire a professional talent (balloon twister, face painter, slot car races, pony ride, etc...)
Wednesdays: Field trip day: rent a bus and go to one of the local attractions, for example Knotts Berry Farm, Wild Rivers, or Castle Park
Thursdays: Mad Science (a company that you hire to do a science experiment demo) and walk to library for reading program
Fridays: Water Play and cooking
gbcc 08:12 AM 03-24-2011
Yes. In the morning I take the kids to our local school for a free Summer Rec program. 2-3 days per week I also will take them on field trips to parks, museums, strawberry picking, water parks etc. On the days we don't do trips we have crafts from Oriental Trading or Water Fun Day. We do a fundraiser to pay for everything and I have a 15 pass. van
laundrymom 08:27 AM 03-24-2011
This is my first summer of ONLY HAVING MY OWN school kids in summer!!! Im seeing lots of snuggles and movies at nap this year. I also really push up the science, math and reading for the littles in the summer. We do bunches of silly experiments with the school kids, we will be making experiments, cooking, doing the summer reading club.
Meyou 08:41 AM 03-24-2011
We go to a lake 4 blocks away every morning. Kids 3 and older take swimming lessons and the little ones play. We have lunch and go home in time for naps. It's an amazing way to spend the summer and the kids love, love, love it.
busymomof2 08:56 AM 03-24-2011
Originally Posted by gbcc:
Yes. In the morning I take the kids to our local school for a free Summer Rec program. 2-3 days per week I also will take them on field trips to parks, museums, strawberry picking, water parks etc. On the days we don't do trips we have crafts from Oriental Trading or Water Fun Day. We do a fundraiser to pay for everything and I have a 15 pass. van
What kind of fundraisers do you do? There is not much here that is free. I would like to take them to the zoo, water park, etc but don't want to put the burden on the parents especially during these bad economic times.
Tags:summer - curriculum, summer program
Reply Up