Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need A Project Title Help Please
itlw8 09:44 AM 11-14-2012
I am applying for the Tylenol teacher award. my idea for my project is expanding my science curriculum. lots of hands on learning, books, observing the world around us and introducing scientific principals.

Kinda what we do now but adding recording what we see and letting parents know it is science.

But I want a catchy title for my project. Any idea?

Science is All Around Us that is all I have so far for an idea.
Leanna 03:27 PM 11-14-2012
Don't know if this is dorky sounding or not, but if you were thinking of having different topics in your science curriculum (bird watching, insects, geology) and made little kits for each topic you could call them K.I.T.S. (Kid's InTo Science).Too dorky?
heyhun77 06:21 PM 11-14-2012
They will probably like the KITS title. I was a winner in 2011 and met a lot of the people who score the applications.

Good luck with your application. :-)
itlw8 07:35 PM 11-14-2012
Originally Posted by Leanna:
Don't know if this is dorky sounding or not, but if you were thinking of having different topics in your science curriculum (bird watching, insects, geology) and made little kits for each topic you could call them K.I.T.S. (Kid's InTo Science).Too dorky?
Oh I like that The kids would too kinda like a science club.
AmyLeigh 10:42 AM 11-15-2012
My science center (that I am still developing) is called SICK. Science Is Cool for Kids. Kind of a play on the slang 'sick,' plus we have fun learning about the gross things in science. Just today, we learned that penguins can projectile defecate up to 4 feet! Gross, but cool.
Reply Up