Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Calculating Time and Space Help Please
candissos 09:23 AM 05-06-2015
Hi how do you calculate time and space for my family child care home? I work with in with the children 16 hours a day Monday thru Friday. I spend 4 hours early Saturday mornings getting prepared for the next week. I know that I use 33% of my home based on my taxes. I would like to be able to have accurate recording keeping to complete my taxes without paying so much for them being prepared
Blackcat31 09:48 AM 05-06-2015
Originally Posted by candissos:
Hi how do you calculate time and space for my family child care home? I work with in with the children 16 hours a day Monday thru Friday. I spend 4 hours early Saturday mornings getting prepared for the next week. I know that I use 33% of my home based on my taxes. I would like to be able to have accurate recording keeping to complete my taxes without paying so much for them being prepared
Maybe one of these articles would help:

http://www.tomcopelandblog.com/.serv...r.q=Time+Space
candissos 11:19 AM 05-06-2015
Thanks Black!!! I'm checking them out know.
itlw8 11:27 AM 05-06-2015
Most of us use 100% of our home in some way. Storage in your bedroom or lesson planning there at at desk makes that room count.
AmyKidsCo 12:37 PM 05-06-2015
Originally Posted by itlw8:
Most of us use 100% of our home in some way. Storage in your bedroom or lesson planning there at at desk makes that room count.
Yes! Find a way to use 100% of your house, otherwise your T/S will be really small.
candissos 05:47 AM 05-07-2015
Hi everyone thank you all for your help. From your advice I was able to use 100% of my home. I didn't realize I actually use every room including bedrooms for storage. I also would like to know how do I pay myself? I have heard this for at least a year from other providers in the area but none where willing to share their helpful information. I feel as if all my money is going back into the daycare and that im working for free.
Reply Up