Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone do Easter Egg Hunts for DCFs?
Josiegirl 02:38 AM 03-06-2016
I feel I should do another family fun thing. I did a Christmas party with Santa but it was over a year ago so figure it's time again.
Is it too late to make the plans? Do you plan it for that Saturday on Easter weekend? What else do you do besides hide eggs and have the dcks hunt; that would take all of 10 minutes.
Just would love some ideas if anyone has done it or is planning one for this year. As you can tell, I'm not good at making plans far in advance, never have been.
But thanks to ALL who have ideas or can help!!
Pepperth 04:24 AM 03-06-2016
I don't for the whole family, but I will have the kids bring baskets and have a search for them. Each kid will have their own color to search for so they each end up with the same amount. Later the day, we'll have jello jigglers eggs.
Snowmom 08:37 AM 03-06-2016
I have done a Saturday Easter event in the past and invited all families past/present.
We started out with the egg hunt since we ended up having to do it indoors since weather didn't cooperate.
Then we had a light lunch upstairs and the older kids took the karaoke machine out and put on a show for us.

It was cute, quick and fun. Probably lasted an hour-hour and a half.

This year, I'm just doing an egg hunt for the kids on a regular day during Spring Break (before Easter).
The dynamic here has really changed, or maybe it's me that's changed. We just don't tend to do things together as a group (adults) anymore.
midaycare 09:35 AM 03-06-2016
I don't do any family gatherings. But a lot of things for the kids. Easter is my biggest party of the year. But during daycare hours and for the kids.
Luvnmykidz 10:48 AM 03-06-2016
I am doing a big Easter Egg Hunt this year, the weekend before Easter. I have over 1,000 eggs that we have filled with candy and toys. We will have a face painter, different games, food, and an egg hunt. My fiancé has made a video of all the activities, field trips, and other fun things we've done, and the parents will be able to view it and purchase a copy if they like. Some of the games we will play is Bingo, egg spoon race, sack race, duck pond and pick a pop. My event is open to past and present families as well as my kids friends. This is my first Easter event, but I have done several other family parties.
Sheri 01:53 PM 03-06-2016
Some more threads on Easter Egg Hunts: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ter+-+egg+hunt
Tags:easter - activities, easter - egg hunt
Reply Up