Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Quitting After 6 Months
Givingthemgrace 08:37 AM 02-06-2015
You guys are amazing people for choosing this as your career! Daycare providers will always have my highest respect from here on out.

I'm so embarrassed that I could only make it 6 months...I have to figure out what to say to my current DC family. The baby is just too much work and my son is having behavior problems that I need to focus on, but I don't want to say that. I don't really know what to say...I'm doing what I think is best for my family.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 08:45 AM 02-06-2015
"I have enjoyed being able to provide care for your child(ren). But, I have decided that being a home provider is not the career for me. I am giving you (time frame) to find alternate care. Thank you again for trusting me with ______ and I hope that you find someone awesome to care for him."

Then I would provide them with a copy of current providers or referral agency.
Starburst 08:32 PM 02-06-2015
Originally Posted by Givingthemgrace:
You guys are amazing people for choosing this as your career! Daycare providers will always have my highest respect from here on out.

I'm so embarrassed that I could only make it 6 months...I have to figure out what to say to my current DC family. The baby is just too much work and my son is having behavior problems that I need to focus on, but I don't want to say that. I don't really know what to say...I'm doing what I think is best for my family.
That's basically all you need to tell them: The needs of your family has changed and you doing daycare is currently not in the best interest of all parties involved (including their family since you feel you cannot meet the needs of both your child and the client's child at the same time).

It may help to soften the blow if you tell them about anyone else you know who does daycare or can recommend another child care provider that you think may suite their needs (but that's optional).
Givingthemgrace 10:16 AM 02-09-2015
Thanks! I did give them the number of a provider with an infant opening. It's such a relief!
Reply Up