Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
1 2 
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kidkare
sharlan 10:18 AM 08-22-2017
I hate it. After 3 months, I finally was able to make out an invoice and mark it paid. Too complicated for me.

Bring back MinuteMenu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply
Meeko 10:35 AM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I hate it. After 3 months, I finally was able to make out an invoice and mark it paid. Too complicated for me.

Bring back MinuteMenu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply
Leigh 11:07 AM 08-22-2017
Ugh. I hated Minute Menu, but I'd give anything to have it back now!

Has anyone here had a problem with kids who were signed in having their times disappear? I noticed it before I submitted my last claim, called my sponsor (who hadn't heard the complaint from anyone else), went back and added the times in AGAIN, and was shorted for 11 meals in my report because it showed the kids as not present.

I am hoping someone else has seen this and heard of how to fix?
Reply
Josiegirl 01:33 AM 08-23-2017
Do we have to be on KK by Sept. 1 or Oct. 1? As you can see, I'm a procrastinator.
Reply
MissAnn 04:28 AM 08-23-2017
My minute m u is still wo king but I use KidKare. Everything I enter into KidKare is also going into Minute Menu. What I miss about MMK? It keeps track of how many hours a kid is here. Why can't KidKare do that???? Also.....with minute menu if you want to enter 50 hours of cleaning the daycare at the end of the year....you can. With KidKare you have to enter the exact date and time. So if you haven't enter d it every time......it's a pain. Not sure I'm explaining that clearly......time space/when children are not present.
Reply
midaycare 05:47 AM 08-23-2017
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
My minute m u is still wo king but I use KidKare. Everything I enter into KidKare is also going into Minute Menu. What I miss about MMK? It keeps track of how many hours a kid is here. Why can't KidKare do that???? Also.....with minute menu if you want to enter 50 hours of cleaning the daycare at the end of the year....you can. With KidKare you have to enter the exact date and time. So if you haven't enter d it every time......it's a pain. Not sure I'm explaining that clearly......time space/when children are not present.
I entered t/s stuff with no issues. I'll take a look to see how I did it at naptime today.
Reply
MissAnn 08:43 AM 08-23-2017
Originally Posted by midaycare:
I entered t/s stuff with no issues. I'll take a look to see how I did it at naptime today.
Did you do a whole years worth of (for example) vacuuming? If I kept up with it every week there would be no problem. I keep track for the first few weeks to find a weekly average. Last year I had to enter in 1 week at a time at the end of the year. If there is a better way.....I'd love to hear it!
Reply
hwichlaz 11:02 AM 08-23-2017
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
Did you do a whole years worth of (for example) vacuuming? If I kept up with it every week there would be no problem. I keep track for the first few weeks to find a weekly average. Last year I had to enter in 1 week at a time at the end of the year. If there is a better way.....I'd love to hear it!
about once a month I just take my average housekeeping time and put it in on a weekend. The IRS just wants numbers, not a time card. I do label it as the month's housekeeping before and after child hours though, just in case.
Reply
Blackcat31 11:09 AM 08-23-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Do we have to be on KK by Sept. 1 or Oct. 1? As you can see, I'm a procrastinator.
I heard October 1st but my rep just texted me and said my agency said NO LATER than August 31. I too am procrastinating. I will make the change but not until August 31st....probably around 11PM
Reply
hwichlaz 11:21 AM 08-23-2017
Here, if you put a date period instead of just one day at a time you can do it
Attached: time space.jpg (176.4 KB) 
Reply
midaycare 11:31 AM 08-23-2017
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
Here, if you put a date period instead of just one day at a time you can do it
Yes, this



When I needed to send data from MM to KidKare, migration didn't work, so I simply did a 1/1/2017 to 12/31/2017 entry and dumped ALL of the hours I had done up to that point.

I choose date ranges and do things by month. Like 9/1/2017 to 9/30/17, 20 hours cleaning.
Reply
Mom2Two 02:07 PM 08-23-2017
I haven't used KK yet, but August is my month to pay/renew anyway, so I guess I'll be getting switched over here.

I didn't realize that KK doesn't track hours!!!!!! Oh no! That's how I can tell how many hours I have kids in care--I just look at how many hours my daughter is marked as in attendance since she's always in at the earliest kid and here til the latest kid.

I also use those MM reports for billing. Darn.
Reply
hwichlaz 02:29 PM 08-23-2017
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
I haven't used KK yet, but August is my month to pay/renew anyway, so I guess I'll be getting switched over here.

I didn't realize that KK doesn't track hours!!!!!! Oh no! That's how I can tell how many hours I have kids in care--I just look at how many hours my daughter is marked as in attendance since she's always in at the earliest kid and here til the latest kid.

I also use those MM reports for billing. Darn.
It does track, but not per child. It tracks over all for your time space percentage. I'll find a screen shot for you.

You have to click how you want it calculated at the end of each month, then it gives you the total hours for the month.
Attached: attendance.png (161.9 KB) 
Reply
hwichlaz 02:33 PM 08-23-2017
Do you need the times for each child? Or is it good enough to know that they were here for breakfast, lunch, and PM snack?

Running an attendance report will give you a list of who is there each day of a month. Or you can do it 5 days at a time.
Reply
hwichlaz 02:35 PM 08-23-2017
Wait, if you go to Reports:Child:Child In/Out Times

you can get a month with everyone's clock in and clock out times
Reply
Michael 03:19 PM 08-23-2017
Did you all know that KidKare is owned by Minute Menu?

Domain Name: KIDKARE.COM

Registry Domain ID: 20824271_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: godaddy.com
Update Date: 2017-02-03T14:15:24Z
Creation Date: 2000-02-27T15:27:34Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-02-27T15:27:34Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC

Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Natalie Clark
Registrant Organization: Minute Menu Systems, LLC
Registrant Street: 1101 E Arapaho Rd
Registrant Street: Suite 240
Registrant City: Richardson
Registrant State/Province: Texas
Registrant Postal Code: 75081
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.9726715211
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +1.9722358651
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email:
Reply
hwichlaz 03:20 PM 08-23-2017
Originally Posted by Michael:
Did you all know that KidKare is owned by Minute Menu?

Domain Name: KIDKARE.COM

Registry Domain ID: 20824271_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Update Date: 2017-02-03T14:15:24Z
Creation Date: 2000-02-27T15:27:34Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-02-27T15:27:34Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC

Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Natalie Clark
Registrant Organization: Minute Menu Systems, LLC
Registrant Street: 1101 E Arapaho Rd
Registrant Street: Suite 240
Registrant City: Richardson
Registrant State/Province: Texas
Registrant Postal Code: 75081
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.9726715211
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +1.9722358651
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email:

yes, I think most of us did....part of making the switch was the transfer of our info from the old system to the new system, including credit for any payments we'd made to minute menu
Reply
Mom2Two 04:24 PM 08-23-2017
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
Wait, if you go to Reports:Child:Child In/Out Times

you can get a month with everyone's clock in and clock out times
Thanks, I guess I'll get over the trauma soon enough, lol.

I am switching from billing hourly to billing daily, so maybe it won't be that bad. I'll have to check it out when I actually see it.

Thank you!
Reply
Leigh 04:35 PM 08-23-2017
Originally Posted by Michael:
Did you all know that KidKare is owned by Minute Menu?

Domain Name: KIDKARE.COM

Registry Domain ID: 20824271_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: godaddy.com
Update Date: 2017-02-03T14:15:24Z
Creation Date: 2000-02-27T15:27:34Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-02-27T15:27:34Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC

Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Natalie Clark
Registrant Organization: Minute Menu Systems, LLC
Registrant Street: 1101 E Arapaho Rd
Registrant Street: Suite 240
Registrant City: Richardson
Registrant State/Province: Texas
Registrant Postal Code: 75081
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.9726715211
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +1.9722358651
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email:
I did know. I was hearing about it being a major upgrade, but the only upgrade I've encountered to date is cosmetic (the site LOOKS nicer than MM). MM seemed SO outdated, and I knew that there had to be a better way. Unfortunately, MM is easier to enter check in/out and meals by far. Which means it really isn't an upgrade for me, but a way for me to spend MORE time on something I hate doing in the first place!
Reply
MissAnn 10:48 AM 08-24-2017
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
Here, if you put a date period instead of just one day at a time you can do it
Wait! Mind blown! Was that start and end date always there? Ok, KidKare is looking better to me now! Thanks so much for showing me that.
Reply
Cat Herder 10:59 AM 08-24-2017
Originally Posted by Michael:
Did you all know that KidKare is owned by Minute Menu?
Yep. It is the salt in the wound.
Reply
Cat Herder 11:25 AM 08-24-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I heard October 1st but my rep just texted me and said my agency said NO LATER than August 31. I too am procrastinating. I will make the change but not until August 31st....probably around 11PM
I plan on printing everything out for taxes on September 29th, then freehand Oct-Dec and hope for the best.

My hope is they will have the kinks worked out before the big force out. Their constant facebook page apologies make me less hopeful.
Reply
284878 06:11 PM 08-25-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Ugh. I hated Minute Menu, but I'd give anything to have it back now!

Has anyone here had a problem with kids who were signed in having their times disappear? I noticed it before I submitted my last claim, called my sponsor (who hadn't heard the complaint from anyone else), went back and added the times in AGAIN, and was shorted for 11 meals in my report because it showed the kids as not present.

I am hoping someone else has seen this and heard of how to fix?
It has happened to me, I have lost meals because of KK. I have refreshed the screen and seen check out times disappear. I have deleted a meal and have it not delete but kk removed the kids from the meal. And when I run any report the meal does not come up in the report but it did in reps report and when I go to that day and meal directly.
I proved to my rep that it doesn't come up on my report nor can you save a meal with out a least one child in attendance for that meal. She removed the warning off my account. But won't do anything when a child's in or out disappeared. I verbally told her that she holding things against me that are out of my control and that when we used mm I wasn't getting errors once I learned the system (those were my fault or maybe hers for confusing me, either way I didn't protest those)
No I don't have a solution, but to create a meal and attendance report before you submit then email the report to your rep.
Reply
Leigh 08:58 PM 08-25-2017
Originally Posted by 284878:
It has happened to me, I have lost meals because of KK. I have refreshed the screen and seen check out times disappear. I have deleted a meal and have it not delete but kk removed the kids from the meal. And when I run any report the meal does not come up in the report but it did in reps report and when I go to that day and meal directly.
I proved to my rep that it doesn't come up on my report nor can you save a meal with out a least one child in attendance for that meal. She removed the warning off my account. But won't do anything when a child's in or out disappeared. I verbally told her that she holding things against me that are out of my control and that when we used mm I wasn't getting errors once I learned the system (those were my fault or maybe hers for confusing me, either way I didn't protest those)
No I don't have a solution, but to create a meal and attendance report before you submit then email the report to your rep.
Thanks for the response to my question-I hadn't considered saving the report for my rep. I'll definitely do that from now on!
Reply
hwichlaz 11:56 AM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Thanks for the response to my question-I hadn't considered saving the report for my rep. I'll definitely do that from now on!
I save mine by "print to pdf" and email it in. Just in case...because I don't trust.
Reply
badger411 08:50 PM 09-30-2017
Originally Posted by Michael:
Did you all know that KidKare is owned by Minute Menu?

Domain Name: KIDKARE.COM

Registry Domain ID: 20824271_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: godaddy.com
Update Date: 2017-02-03T14:15:24Z
Creation Date: 2000-02-27T15:27:34Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-02-27T15:27:34Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC

Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Natalie Clark
Registrant Organization: Minute Menu Systems, LLC
Registrant Street: 1101 E Arapaho Rd
Registrant Street: Suite 240
Registrant City: Richardson
Registrant State/Province: Texas
Registrant Postal Code: 75081
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.9726715211
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +1.9722358651
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email:
Actually, Minute Menu sold out to a completely different company that is doing the "upgrades" to Kid Kare. It is NOT the same company that has been doing Minute Menu for all these years. That is why the same features are not being included. It blows my mind that any company would go live with such a terrible product and expect to survive.
Reply
Josiegirl 03:07 AM 10-01-2017
Can you believe I haven't even started on KK yet? We had until this month to do the switch-over. Haha Nothing like the last minute for me.

It can't be that bad, is it, if you don't do invoicing or anything else on it, except enter the foods/children?
Reply
MyAngels 12:06 PM 10-01-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Can you believe I haven't even started on KK yet? We had until this month to do the switch-over. Haha Nothing like the last minute for me.

It can't be that bad, is it, if you don't do invoicing or anything else on it, except enter the foods/children?
That's all I use it for and I haven't had any problems.
Reply
amberrose3dg 04:12 AM 10-02-2017
I only use it for menus for food program. It works fine for me. I guess I like being able to use my phone. It saves on the paperwork later so to speak.
Reply
284878 04:13 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Can you believe I haven't even started on KK yet? We had until this month to do the switch-over. Haha Nothing like the last minute for me.

It can't be that bad, is it, if you don't do invoicing or anything else on it, except enter the foods/children?
That is all I use it for and I have issues too. I had error found only on my consultant end, that caused me to loose a refund for that meal and every month before I submit, I have to go back and clock a child out from random days. (The same child, I do all clock in and out at the same time.)
Last week kk decided to do updates in the middle of the day on cereal and yogurt. Both items I had served and I was unable to enter them. I had to call my consultant and explain to her that I could not find the food to enter them, just in case they did not appear again that day. I also sent a ticket into kk and asked why were they updating during the day when providers needed to enter meals. The actually responded with they would not do that again. During their update my screen refreshed and I got locked out of my account and had to reset my password. Then when I got in I had lost the meal I was entering and had to start over. Wasted my whole nap time on this, not joking.
Reply
Blackcat31 08:57 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Can you believe I haven't even started on KK yet? We had until this month to do the switch-over. Haha Nothing like the last minute for me.

It can't be that bad, is it, if you don't do invoicing or anything else on it, except enter the foods/children?
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
That's all I use it for and I haven't had any problems.
Same here

I finally made the switch a couple days ago.

I don't use it for invoicing or payment.
Only for menus, recording meals and submitting claims.

So far, no issues.
Reply
Cat Herder 05:59 AM 10-03-2017
I don't like it at all. I am coping, but I don't like it. Easy to figure out, but much less offered and less useful to me.
  1. It takes 5X as long to enter meals/attendance.
  2. The printout forms look amateur/cheap/ugly other than the W-10 which I greatly appreciate they left alone.
  3. The sign in sheets are useless with one page per day in micro-print. Has to be stored for 2 yrs, impractical AH.
  4. I am still waiting on auto-pay approval which is the main reason I moved over to begin with; continuity.
  5. There are no curriculum planning, daily sheets, certificates or charts.

We are paying more for less. Probably not for long, though.
Reply
Leigh 06:20 AM 10-03-2017
I think I am going to switch to submitting paper menus. KidKare is glitching somehow and deleting in/out times for me. I can add them over and over, and they still disappear. It takes me hours longer each month to enter my meals, and I have had 5 open tickets with KidKare for 2 months with no response. I thought MM was primitive and could use some upgrades, but KK is not a step up, IMO.
Reply
Cat Herder 06:47 AM 10-03-2017
No matter how many times I save my hours of operations in my business detail, it will not record.

I have filled in all 5 days, 10 lines of time data per day, hit save each and every time. Still nothing but wasted time.

This means I can't print out my Time/Space form based on hours of operation.
Reply
Blackcat31 06:54 AM 10-03-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I don't like it at all. I am coping, but I don't like it. Easy to figure out, but much less offered and less useful to me.
  1. It takes 5X as long to enter meals/attendance.
  2. The printout forms look amateur/cheap/ugly other than the W-10 which I greatly appreciate they left alone.
  3. The sign in sheets are useless with one page per day in micro-print. Has to be stored for 2 yrs, impractical AH.
  4. I am still waiting on auto-pay approval which is the main reason I moved over to begin with; continuity.
  5. There are no curriculum planning, daily sheets, certificates or charts.

We are paying more for less. Probably not for long, though.
I have noticed the same thing.... it takes more time to enter things and I can't "customize" the list of kids in the manner I want to list them.

I am muddling along like everyone else but I do.not.like. this new program. Grrr!
Reply
Cat Herder 06:55 AM 10-03-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I have filled in all 5 days, 10 lines of time data per day, hit save each and every time. Still nothing but wasted time.
Sorry, 2 lines of data (open/close), per day, for a total of 10 lines.
Reply
MarinaVanessa 06:50 PM 10-03-2017
AAAAAANNNNDDDD KK crashed
Reply
Blackcat31 07:01 PM 10-03-2017
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
AAAAAANNNNDDDD KK crashed
Oh-oh

This doesnít sound good.....
Reply
Lovisa 05:50 AM 10-04-2017
I'm still using MMK. And won't be switching over till they force me! I was told that since I'm not on any food program, and only use MMK for the money and attendance parts of it, that it will still be around for another year or so. So until they literally take it from me, it is where I will stay lol
Reply
Cat Herder 06:16 AM 10-04-2017
Originally Posted by Lovisa:
I was told that since I'm not on any food program, and only use MMK for the money and attendance parts of it, that it will still be around for another year or so. So until they literally take it from me, it is where I will stay lol
Where is that info?? I got a message in my MMKPro saying the same thing last year. Mine still says it is gone Mid-Oct.

Non-compete clause, I think.

All my attendance and menus from yesterday are gone. Again. So frustrated
Reply
hwichlaz 07:25 AM 10-04-2017
I haven't been having that problem at all. I'd ask them to switch your account to a different server.
Reply
Leigh 08:42 AM 10-04-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Where is that info?? I got a message in my MMKPro saying the same thing last year. Mine still says it is gone Mid-Oct.

Non-compete clause, I think.

All my attendance and menus from yesterday are gone. Again. So frustrated
Ugh-so sick of that! And, no response from my ticket opened on 9/5/17 about that same issue! Has anyone heard back from KK about these things disappearing?
Reply
Josiegirl 10:34 AM 10-04-2017
After not even being able to log-in on Monday, I was already discouraged and felt completely stupid. So I sent an email off to my sponsor and she got me in within half an hour. I didn't go back til just now to do anything but was able to enter everything in okay. It's going to take a bit before it looks normal to me because some things are different.
Now if things start disappearing on me.....
Reply
284878 10:42 AM 10-04-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I think I am going to switch to submitting paper menus. KidKare is glitching somehow and deleting in/out times for me. I can add them over and over, and they still disappear. It takes me hours longer each month to enter my meals, and I have had 5 open tickets with KidKare for 2 months with no response. I thought MM was primitive and could use some upgrades, but KK is not a step up, IMO.
Same here.

Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I don't like it at all. I am coping, but I don't like it. Easy to figure out, but much less offered and less useful to me.
  1. It takes 5X as long to enter meals/attendance.
  2. The printout forms look amateur/cheap/ugly other than the W-10 which I greatly appreciate they left alone.
  3. The sign in sheets are useless with one page per day in micro-print. Has to be stored for 2 yrs, impractical AH.
  4. I am still waiting on auto-pay approval which is the main reason I moved over to begin with; continuity.
  5. There are no curriculum planning, daily sheets, certificates or charts.

We are paying more for less. Probably not for long, though.
This too.
Reply
Lovisa 12:51 PM 10-04-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Where is that info?? I got a message in my MMKPro saying the same thing last year. Mine still says it is gone Mid-Oct.

Non-compete clause, I think.

All my attendance and menus from yesterday are gone. Again. So frustrated
I emailed Tom directly and asked him.
Reply
Unregistered 04:44 PM 10-04-2017
Just got my username and password and logged on to KidKare. It's all in Spanish.
Does anyone know how to switch it to English?

Why do I have the feeling I am going back to paper???
Reply
Josiegirl 02:06 AM 10-05-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Just got my username and password and logged on to KidKare. It's all in Spanish.
Does anyone know how to switch it to English?

Why do I have the feeling I am going back to paper???
IIRC there is a place you can click on the log-in(?) page at the bottom that says language? Or you can get yourself an English-spanish book.
Reply
Unregistered 06:24 AM 10-05-2017
Thanks, Josiegirl. Tried but it didn't work not even after I cleared my cache.
Reply
Blackcat31 06:45 AM 10-05-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Thanks, Josiegirl. Tried but it didn't work not even after I cleared my cache.
Are you able to log in?

If so, once logged in there is another option available in the top left hand portion of the screen (I am using a laptop)

Underneath the KidKare logo there is a brownish colored box with a gear symbol (next to a blue box with a ? in it) ....if you click that it also gives you the option of switching languages.

Maybe one of your options (either on log in page or the page once logged in) have the wrong language clicked and that's defaulting you back to Spanish....?

I don't know but I noticed that option to change languages on that screen too so thought I'd mention it and see if it helps.
Reply
Cat Herder 06:55 AM 10-05-2017
After login, language is the red box icon with an image of gears on it (top left). I had to change it a couple times and refresh until it worked.

Sorry - Did not see BC's post above

I can't find a section to tell me if the parents set up payment accounts or made payments. Anywhere.
Reply
MissAnn 07:21 AM 10-05-2017
This is driving me crazy......the invoices are listed as descending from the least recent to the most recent. I don't care about what happened in January.....I want the most recent to show. It's not a big deal if I am on the computer....but if I'm on my itty bitty cell phone it's harder to get to the right place. It used to show the most recent first.....not sure why that's changed.
Reply
Cat Herder 07:26 AM 10-05-2017
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
This is driving me crazy......the invoices are listed as descending from the least recent to the most recent. I don't care about what happened in January.....I want the most recent to show. It's not a big deal if I am on the computer....but if I'm on my itty bitty cell phone it's harder to get to the right place. It used to show the most recent first.....not sure why that's changed.
I see the date range option. Maybe using that would fix that issue

I have been trying to listen to the webinars but that is like nails on a chalkboard. Add in the daycare kids million questions + parents confused texts/emails into the background and I am liable to delete the whole shebang, soon.
Reply
MarinaVanessa 08:38 AM 10-05-2017
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
This is driving me crazy......the invoices are listed as descending from the least recent to the most recent. I don't care about what happened in January.....I want the most recent to show. It's not a big deal if I am on the computer....but if I'm on my itty bitty cell phone it's harder to get to the right place. It used to show the most recent first.....not sure why that's changed.
This is my biggest pet peeve EVER.
WHY? JUST WHY?
I don't understand why we can't click on a setting to set how we want our sections to look ONCE and they just stay like that.

I have so many hangups with KK
Reply
MissAnn 10:38 AM 10-05-2017
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
This is my biggest pet peeve EVER.
WHY? JUST WHY?
I don't understand why we can't click on a setting to set how we want our sections to look ONCE and they just stay like that.

I have so many hangups with KK
Glad to know I'm not coo coo. it is so annoying! Also I wish we could have it set as either infant or non-in fit on the food portion and it would stay that way. I don't have any infants but every day I have to switch it over to non-infants. Also for some reason when I type out my menu it puts every fruit in twice. Apples apples, bananas bananas. Looks stupid.
Reply
284878 10:52 AM 10-05-2017
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
Also I wish we could have it set as either infant or non-in fit on the food portion and it would stay that way.
Mine stays that way and I use Chrome browser.
Reply
284878 10:57 AM 10-05-2017
So I just got a call from my FP rep. She says that on Sept 26 I do not have milk listed for breakfast. When I go into kk and run a food served report, I have milk listed for every breakfast and lunch.
I think I just proved to my FP rep that kk is making mistakes, not me. She says she will fix this one on her end and not penalizing me for it.
Reply
Unregistered 11:28 AM 10-05-2017
Yes! The gear on the left let me change the language. I had clicked on the gear on the right but everything was in Spanish and nothing changed it.
Sure hope I do not have to do that every time.

I have to say the site looks like a PITA to me so far. When you enter a food it reminds you to check things, like whether it is WG but doesn't offer any info on how to check/what qualifies. Haven't dug around any more yet but if it is that helpful on all the new items, it is not very helpful.
Reply
Cat Herder 11:31 AM 10-06-2017
I want to give credit where it is due.

I just noticed that it will let me add meal counts without entering menus.
With not being on the FP, this will save me a lot of time and effort.

Auto-pay and recurrent invoicing is now working. All parents are current, a couple got ahead and all love the credit card option.

I may survive this transition afterall.
Reply
Mom2Two 11:53 AM 10-06-2017
Things that are bugging me about KK:

Trying to pop open a report to check what I've entered and it won't just pop open, like in a different tab or as a pdf. I either have to redo the report each time I go back to Meals to change something, or I have to save it as a pdf using print and give it a file name, even though I'm just doing a 5 day check.

For me with my billing, it's annoying to not be able to run an in/out per child, with only one report per child or family.

BTW I'm not subscribing--just using free and there's no way I'd pay for this. I hope the federal government didn't pay much.
Reply
Mom2Two 12:03 PM 10-06-2017
And it would be nice if certain grains just automatically popped up as whole grain rich. Like Cheerios, wheat crackers, and wheat bread. I'd rather have it as a menu item: "Whole wheat bread" rather than have to go and click the "rich" button afterwards.

And there's no report to let me check if I remembered to do the "rich" button each day. Are my meals going to be disallowed? It's just once a day right? (Almost all my grain servings are whole grain, but I just want to make sure I don't get disallowed).
Reply
MissAnn 12:45 PM 10-06-2017
Minute Menu used to tell you how long a child was in your care after you put in the in and out. It really bugs me that kidkare does not do this! So if I go to A daily limit per day I will have to figure it out by hand.
Reply
Josiegirl 03:16 PM 10-06-2017
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
And it would be nice if certain grains just automatically popped up as whole grain rich. Like Cheerios, wheat crackers, and wheat bread. I'd rather have it as a menu item: "Whole wheat bread" rather than have to go and click the "rich" button afterwards.

And there's no report to let me check if I remembered to do the "rich" button each day. Are my meals going to be disallowed? It's just once a day right? (Almost all my grain servings are whole grain, but I just want to make sure I don't get disallowed).
Yes, these are the types of things that worry me. If I forget one day of clicking the whole grain button or something silly like that. I'm not sure if they'd take the money away for the whole day, or 1 meal? And which meal? Plus what about the milk thing...are we supposed to specify whole milk for under 2's or just click the milk button? I'm probably screwing this all up.

I DO like the fact you can start typing in the first few letters of a food and it'll bring it up.
I've got a Food Program meeting Wednesday night; I'm sure there will be some questions from everybody.
Reply
Mom2Two 03:33 PM 10-06-2017
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
Minute Menu used to tell you how long a child was in your care after you put in the in and out. It really bugs me that kidkare does not do this! So if I go to A daily limit per day I will have to figure it out by hand.
Yes! Unless I'm missing something, I have to run a report that lists all children there in one day. So when I create an invoice, I have to read each day as a bunch of kids rather than one report on one kid.

Is it a marketing gimmick, trying to get me to pay so I can do different reports? Seriously would anyone think I'd pay a subscription for this product? I won't even pay Adobe--Corel user here where I can actually BUY the product, end of story.
Reply
Mom2Two 12:20 PM 10-13-2017
Okay, so that's NOT a yellow, retail price tag next to the infant on the front screen. It's a baby bottle! I get it now!
Reply
MyAngels 09:14 PM 10-13-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Yes, these are the types of things that worry me. If I forget one day of clicking the whole grain button or something silly like that. I'm not sure if they'd take the money away for the whole day, or 1 meal? And which meal? Plus what about the milk thing...are we supposed to specify whole milk for under 2's or just click the milk button? I'm probably screwing this all up.

I DO like the fact you can start typing in the first few letters of a food and it'll bring it up.
I've got a Food Program meeting Wednesday night; I'm sure there will be some questions from everybody.
One of the handouts given out by my FP said that if you don't specify any whole grains in a day they will disallow the meal/snack with the lowest reimbursement rate. Of course, this could be something that may differ with the different sponsors I suppose.

I can't imagine that this program would be worth an annual subscription TBH. It's got to be the worst designed, most buggy program I've ever seen, and I've used some pretty amateur programs over the years.
Reply
Josiegirl 02:49 AM 10-14-2017
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
One of the handouts given out by my FP said that if you don't specify any whole grains in a day they will disallow the meal/snack with the lowest reimbursement rate. Of course, this could be something that may differ with the different sponsors I suppose.

I can't imagine that this program would be worth an annual subscription TBH. It's got to be the worst designed, most buggy program I've ever seen, and I've used some pretty amateur programs over the years.
Thanks Myangels. I got that same info Wed. at our annual training. I was concerned about missing a whole day if I forgot some silly little button.
Reply
Josiegirl 09:52 AM 10-14-2017
Anyone know the answer to this? I wasn't aware until Wed. that we could claim an infant if the dcm came in at lunch time to breastfeed so I haven't been claiming lunches, just breakfast/p.m. snack for him. I did this week okay because I usually only enter meals on weekends, but tried to go back and add lunches for him for last week and it said something about being 'outside of the array'. So does that tell me I cannot fix that now?
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Reply
Country Kids 11:14 AM 10-17-2017
I cannot figure out for the life of me how to print an invoicing! Plus one of my parents needs receipts of payment and I can't figure out how to get a receipt for them
Reply
Blackcat31 11:23 AM 10-17-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Anyone know the answer to this? I wasn't aware until Wed. that we could claim an infant if the dcm came in at lunch time to breastfeed so I haven't been claiming lunches, just breakfast/p.m. snack for him. I did this week okay because I usually only enter meals on weekends, but tried to go back and add lunches for him for last week and it said something about being 'outside of the array'. So does that tell me I cannot fix that now?
Thanks for any help you can offer.
I wonder if all agencies set the software up to their requirements ? I rarely enter meals during the day and sometimes enter them weeks later. I track them using paper attendance and menu forms for verification purposes but I am able to enter meals as far back as last month...well basically until a claim for that time period os submitted.
Reply
Cat Herder 12:05 PM 10-17-2017
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
I cannot figure out for the life of me how to print an invoicing! Plus one of my parents needs receipts of payment and I can't figure out how to get a receipt for them
Accounting>Invoices, click on specific invoice. When it opens there will be a printer icon in the top left corner.
Reply
Cat Herder 12:08 PM 10-17-2017
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
Okay, so that's NOT a yellow, retail price tag next to the infant on the front screen. It's a baby bottle! I get it now!
Thank you That is what I thought too. I was questioning whether I was charging enough for an infant slot. I do the same rate across the board and considered it may be telling me that was unusual.
Reply
Josiegirl 03:35 PM 10-17-2017
Ok, so now I'm completely confused about the difference between whole grains and whole wheat. I know you have to have at least 1 whole grain a day but I thought we were told 100% whole wheat counted. Then my food program sponsor visited today and she said no. Then I got an email from her later and she said she did some more research and said 100% whole wheat is creditable. So I sent her an email back to clarify for me. I know it's creditable but I wanted to know if it counted for the whole grain rich.
I've switched to buying 100% whole wheat everything figuring it was allowed for the 1 a day whole grain rich requirement.
I'm beginning to think I'll let them take the stinkin' p.m. snack rate away from me if it's going to be this difficult.
Does anybody here know?
I absolutely adore my food sponsor. She feels badly for all of us, being hit with new regs and new FP regs too.
Reply
Unregistered 04:12 PM 10-17-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Ok, so now I'm completely confused about the difference between whole grains and whole wheat. I know you have to have at least 1 whole grain a day but I thought we were told 100% whole wheat counted. Then my food program sponsor visited today and she said no. Then I got an email from her later and she said she did some more research and said 100% whole wheat is creditable. So I sent her an email back to clarify for me. I know it's creditable but I wanted to know if it counted for the whole grain rich.
I've switched to buying 100% whole wheat everything figuring it was allowed for the 1 a day whole grain rich requirement.
I'm beginning to think I'll let them take the stinkin' p.m. snack rate away from me if it's going to be this difficult.
Does anybody here know?
I absolutely adore my food sponsor. She feels badly for all of us, being hit with new regs and new FP regs too.
USDA has some nice handouts for the new meal pattern. Here is one for the Whole Grain.

https://fns-prod.azureedge.net/sites...ole_grains.pdf

While it can be confusing, even to Sponsors, it doesn't have to be hard. Start simple and find what works and build from there.

The whole grain can be as easy as serving Cheerios, Quaker Oats, whole grain Wheat Thins or Goldfish.

Remember it is just one serving during any meal daily. If you have one child at AM snack and you serve them Whole Grain Goldfish crackers this covers you for the day.
Reply
Country Kids 09:28 PM 10-17-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Accounting>Invoices, click on specific invoice. When it opens there will be a printer icon in the top left corner.
Thank you so much! After I posted my hubby came home and was able to get it all figured out for me.

I think I was just in a rush and its hard to do with the littles here
Reply
Mom2Two 10:09 PM 10-17-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Thank you That is what I thought too. I was questioning whether I was charging enough for an infant slot. I do the same rate across the board and considered it may be telling me that was unusual.
So funny! Yes, KK is trying to tell you that you aren't charging enough. This software has amazing abilities!
Reply
Josiegirl 02:41 AM 10-18-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I wonder if all agencies set the software up to their requirements ? I rarely enter meals during the day and sometimes enter them weeks later. I track them using paper attendance and menu forms for verification purposes but I am able to enter meals as far back as last month...well basically until a claim for that time period os submitted.
I talked with my sponsor and she said I should be able to go back and change it. If I couldn't she would. I was able to change a few days but there was 1 I couldn't. I just think KK has some glitches getting worked out of its system. I have no idea about their software, etc., but you'd think everybody would be on the same page to make it easier. Oh wait, it's the government. That ain't gonna happen.
Reply
Josiegirl 02:48 AM 10-18-2017
Thanks Unreg.! That's helpful.
Reply
renodeb 02:10 PM 10-24-2017
I hate kk and I don't even use the book keeping part. Every time I get on there is some kind of issue. I really am thinking of bagging it all together!
Reply
hwichlaz 04:57 PM 10-24-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I wonder if all agencies set the software up to their requirements ? I rarely enter meals during the day and sometimes enter them weeks later. I track them using paper attendance and menu forms for verification purposes but I am able to enter meals as far back as last month...well basically until a claim for that time period os submitted.

My sponsor runs a report of all of their providers every Friday. After they run the report they freeze Mon-Thurs so that no changes can be made. They can also put individual providers on a "daily" setting so they can't make any changes to the current day after midnight. They do this when they put someone on a plan of correction.
Reply
Mom2Two 07:45 PM 10-24-2017
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
My sponsor runs a report of all of their providers every Friday. After they run the report they freeze Mon-Thurs so that no changes can be made. They can also put individual providers on a "daily" setting so they can't make any changes to the current day after midnight. They do this when they put someone on a plan of correction.
What is a "plan of correction"? Actually, I'm a bit scared to ask--it sounds like something new and horrible dreamed up to make dc providers want to quit.
Reply
Josiegirl 02:10 AM 10-25-2017
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
What is a "plan of correction"? Actually, I'm a bit scared to ask--it sounds like something new and horrible dreamed up to make dc providers want to quit.
If they start making this whole thing more difficult, I'll quit. So far, it's been alright for me but then I don't use anything other than the menu part of it all. Don't they WANT us to stay on their food program? It makes money for them doesn't it?
Reply
Josiegirl 02:14 AM 10-25-2017
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
My sponsor runs a report of all of their providers every Friday. After they run the report they freeze Mon-Thurs so that no changes can be made. They can also put individual providers on a "daily" setting so they can't make any changes to the current day after midnight. They do this when they put someone on a plan of correction.
Now *there's* a show of support from an agency. I'm so glad our region of the state is very helpful and extremely supportive of it's participants. You can tell our sponsors are on our side.
Reply
Blackcat31 08:12 AM 10-25-2017
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
My sponsor runs a report of all of their providers every Friday. After they run the report they freeze Mon-Thurs so that no changes can be made. They can also put individual providers on a "daily" setting so they can't make any changes to the current day after midnight. They do this when they put someone on a plan of correction.
I'd quit.

I don't like to be micromanaged by people that don't technically have the power to do so.

I'd make it clear as to why I was quitting too!

The whole point of this program is so that kids that otherwise don't have the opportunity to get well balanced nutritional meals can have access to them in daycare, preschools and schools and if they (the agency handling the program in my area) wants to assert power verses support, encourage and lead they can take their egos and over inflated concepts of leadership and serve it to themselves.

I understand the consequences etc for those on a probationary status (too many programs/providers are dishonest) but for others that follow the rules and do things according to the federal guidelines, that kind of micro-managing hurts the CACFP program and the kids that NEED it the most.
Reply
hwichlaz 09:00 AM 10-25-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I'd quit.

I don't like to be micromanaged by people that don't technically have the power to do so.

I'd make it clear as to why I was quitting too!

The whole point of this program is so that kids that otherwise don't have the opportunity to get well balanced nutritional meals can have access to them in daycare, preschools and schools and if they (the agency handling the program in my area) wants to assert power verses support, encourage and lead they can take their egos and over inflated concepts of leadership and serve it to themselves.

I understand the consequences etc for those on a probationary status (too many programs/providers are dishonest) but for others that follow the rules and do things according to the federal guidelines, that kind of micro-managing hurts the CACFP program and the kids that NEED it the most.
Except federal guidelines say you're never to be more than 24 hours behind on paperwork for the FP. In your case, since you do it on paper daily and add later, you're in compliance. My sponsor is pretty flexible and would work with you on that. But most people do one or the other.
Reply
MarinaVanessa 06:47 PM 10-28-2017
Has any one else had an issue with KidKare bumping a client out of using ePay? I invoice all of my clients and they all use ePay to pay me. Yesterday I had two parents contact me to tell me that the pay button on their invoice was gone. I checked and both parents had an "N" under "Uses ePay" like they both just suddenly got bumped off.
I really hope this doesn't become an issue. I really don't want to have to start checking the parent info every time I'm going to create an invoice.
Reply
MarinaVanessa 07:11 PM 10-28-2017
Double Post
Reply
Cat Herder 06:15 AM 10-30-2017
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Has any one else had an issue with KidKare bumping a client out of using ePay? I invoice all of my clients and they all use ePay to pay me. Yesterday I had two parents contact me to tell me that the pay button on their invoice was gone. I checked and both parents had an "N" under "Uses ePay" like they both just suddenly got bumped off.
I really hope this doesn't become an issue. I really don't want to have to start checking the parent info every time I'm going to create an invoice.
All of my invoices are messed up this morning. Paid invoices marked unpaid, clients missing and *bonus!* emails sent to my clients setting them off early this AM. Thanks KidKare. Feeling the love.
Reply
Cat Herder 06:35 AM 10-30-2017
"Kidkare I have a major privacy concern! In Minute menu our sponsors didn’t have access to our financial information! In Kidkare my sponsor has full access to all my information and the option to make changes! What if they make a ooopps and delete all my data, etc! But my main concern is my financials are for my eyes only!"

I found the above in the comments section. Does anyone know if this is true?
Reply
Blackcat31 06:37 AM 10-30-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
"Kidkare I have a major privacy concern! In Minute menu our sponsors didnít have access to our financial information! In Kidkare my sponsor has full access to all my information and the option to make changes! What if they make a ooopps and delete all my data, etc! But my main concern is my financials are for my eyes only!"

I found the above in the comments section. Does anyone know if this is true?
OMG! If it is, Im out!

That part of my business is no one else's business at the CACFP agency level! I'm calling my sponsor right now and asking.....
Reply
Cat Herder 06:42 AM 10-30-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
OMG! If it is, Im out!

That part of my business is no one else's business at the CACFP agency level! I'm calling my sponsor right now and asking.....
Thank you!! I do not have a contract with a program, so have no idea who can see my account. I do not like that idea at all.
Reply
Blackcat31 06:44 AM 10-30-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
"Kidkare I have a major privacy concern! In Minute menu our sponsors didnít have access to our financial information! In Kidkare my sponsor has full access to all my information and the option to make changes! What if they make a ooopps and delete all my data, etc! But my main concern is my financials are for my eyes only!"

I found the above in the comments section. Does anyone know if this is true?
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
OMG! If it is, Im out!

That part of my business is no one else's business at the CACFP agency level! I'm calling my sponsor right now and asking.....
Yep. It's 100% true.
They can access everyone's financial info.
They even know when you change your password and what it is.
They can log into your KidKare account any time they want.
The gal I spoke with at my sponsoring agency is the gal that manages any technical issues we might have and she said, she didn't think they had that access for MMK but she wasn't sure since she is fairly new to the position but she did say, without hesitation that YES, she has access to ALL my financial information and can see every single thing I can see.
Reply
Cat Herder 06:50 AM 10-30-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Yep. It's 100% true.
They can access everyone's financial info.
They even know when you change your password and what it is.
They can log into your KidKare account any time they want.
The gal I spoke with at my sponsoring agency is the gal that manages any technical issues we might have and she said, she didn't think they had that access for MMK but she wasn't sure since she is fairly new to the position but she did say, without hesitation that YES, she has access to ALL my financial information and can see every single thing I can see.
>expletive< So, what now?? >another expletive< That feels like it should be illegal. Deleting kids photos, now. My clients will be >expletive< if they find out on their own.

Any good autopay programs that understand financial confidentiality?
Reply
BumbleBee 07:01 AM 10-30-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
>expletive< So, what now?? >another expletive< That feels like it should be illegal. Deleting kids photos, now. My clients will be >expletive< if they find out on their own.

Any good autopay programs that understand financial confidentiality?
I use QuickBooks for the financial side of things.
Reply
Cat Herder 07:10 AM 10-30-2017
Originally Posted by BumbleBee:
I use QuickBooks for the financial side of things.
I am not familiar with that. Is there an auto pay option? I always thought that was a program like word.

Duh, I just looked at the you tube video. I will check it out, now.
Reply
BumbleBee 08:38 AM 10-30-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I am not familiar with that. Is there an auto pay option? I always thought that was a program like word.

Duh, I just looked at the you tube video. I will check it out, now.
I think there's an auto pay for parents. Not sure because I don't use it. I use it mostly because I have employees so I can do their paychecks and e-pay/e-File their withholdings and the employee portion of taxes.
Reply
Annalee 09:08 AM 10-30-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
OMG! If it is, Im out!

That part of my business is no one else's business at the CACFP agency level! I'm calling my sponsor right now and asking.....
I only use the Free Food program part since they have made it mandatory and my sponsor has an ipad where she can view EVERYTHING in my kidkare. If I paid for any other kidkare parts, she would be able to see that as well.
Reply
MarinaVanessa 09:41 AM 10-30-2017
Welp that's another reason why I'm glad I'm not on the food program. I wonder if they'd have my financial info if I were to join the food program later.

With MMK the food program offered it to us at no cost but the payment features were not available. When I signed up for the payment features I had to have a separate account via MMK Pro so my sponsor never had access to the Pro version and they weren't connected. I had to input attendance and meals twice though.

Maybe you all that use KidKare for the food program can have a separate account for your financials and record keeping. I AM NOT OKAY with this either. I think I'll stay off of the food program if they will have access to my back-end of my business
Reply
hwichlaz 09:43 AM 10-30-2017
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Welp that's another reason why I'm glad I'm not on the food program. I wonder if they'd have my financial info if I were to join the food program later.

With MMK the food program offered it to us at no cost but the payment features were not available. When I signed up for the payment features I had to have a separate account via MMK Pro so my sponsor never had access to the Pro version and they weren't connected. I had to input attendance and meals twice though.

Maybe you all that use KidKare for the food program can have a separate account for your financials and record keeping. I AM NOT OKAY with this either. I think I'll stay off of the food program if they will have access to my back-end of my business
Tech support merged mine for me with MM. Two accounts seems cumbersome.
Reply
Cat Herder 09:46 AM 10-30-2017
hwichlaz, do you or a family member work with or for Kidkare?
Reply
MarinaVanessa 09:50 AM 10-30-2017
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
Tech support merged mine for me with MM. Two accounts seems cumbersome.
I was specifically told that I could not. That I had to have them separate. I'm glad now that mine were separate. Especially since there was a chance now that someone other than myself could have seen my private info.
Reply
Tags:kidkare, kidkare issues, minute menu
1 2 
Reply Up