Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do You Accept Low Income?
rubyecro 05:26 PM 03-31-2015
Hi there, do you ever let your parents apply for low income child care? Meaning, they provide you with their income stats and you can offer them a discounted price?

Is that okay to do? I just want to check that parents truly are "low income" before offering them a lower rate....

Also, how much of a discount would you offer?
Thriftylady 05:31 PM 03-31-2015
That is up to you, but most states will pay their childcare if they are low income. There is no reason for a provider to become low income just because parents are. In fact, there are families that make far more than my family does and get help with child care.
DaisyMamma 03:17 AM 04-01-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
That is up to you, but most states will pay their childcare if they are low income. There is no reason for a provider to become low income just because parents are. In fact, there are families that make far more than my family does and get help with child care.
I agree.
Blackcat31 05:36 AM 04-01-2015
I am a private for profit business. I do not offer discounts or assistance.

My state however, DOES offer multiple programs to assist low income families in paying for their child care costs.
Martha Stewart 07:14 AM 04-01-2015
I go with the rule that your financial crisis shouldn't become mine. So, no, I don't offer lower rates for anyone.
Gemma 07:31 AM 04-01-2015
I don't either!
...in my experience, low income/DHS meant: "I'm poor, therefore above any of your rules and policies," ..so no thanks! Never again!
Heidi 11:42 AM 04-01-2015
Back when I was young and idealistic, I also considered doing a sliding fee scale. Then, I realized that it would cause me financial strain, and I got realistic. I work to help support my family, not as a social service.

I have taken subsidized clients over the years, and some were great, some were not; just like many other clients I've had.
Unregistered 04:58 PM 04-01-2015
I accept everyone. If a parent needs financial help I give them a list of resources that offer financial aid. I accept payments from those institutes.
Reply Up