Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Childcare Software Needed
daycare 09:36 AM 07-07-2015
I need some help.

My daycare is growing and I can't find a program that will help me track everything that I need in a productive way.

I do use MMK, but it does not do what I need it to.

i am looking for a one stop shop

check kids in and out using a web-based program, (ipad or tablet system)
automatically bills late fees
all accounting in one place, automatically bills weekly, monthly and etc
wait list
able to use different rates for each family if needed
keep up on immunizations

most of all, I need everything I have now in one place. I am using 4 different programs and none of them communicate with each other, so at the end of the day, I am entering information into these 4 different programs, it's becoming too much for me and if I want to continue to grow and run my business at this rate, I will need to have a different system.

Anyone use a program that has these functions?
Sunshine74 11:15 AM 07-07-2015
We use Procare at our center. It has so many functions I'm not even sure we utilize all we have. I think it may be on the pricey side though.
daycare 12:04 PM 07-07-2015
Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
We use Procare at our center. It has so many functions I'm not even sure we utilize all we have. I think it may be on the pricey side though.
yes I saw that one, but it is several thousand dollars and I will not ever reach that many children or need all of those functions. but thank you for repsonding
spedmommy4 12:14 PM 07-07-2015
Personally I LOVE childcare sage. I used a coupon and got it for 265, and I own it outright. It has a time clock function. The database for the for the time clock is stored on the desktop and parents can check in on a windows based laptop or tablet. I can maintain a ledger, bill parents, I could track and pay employees, and so much more. Even better, they have a version designed specifically designed for home based childcare providers. I don't use all the features, and there is a bit of a learning curve if you aren't tech savvy, but I've been impressed so far.
daycare 01:14 PM 07-07-2015
Originally Posted by spedmommy4:
Personally I LOVE childcare sage. I used a coupon and got it for 265, and I own it outright. It has a time clock function. The database for the for the time clock is stored on the desktop and parents can check in on a windows based laptop or tablet. I can maintain a ledger, bill parents, I could track and pay employees, and so much more. Even better, they have a version designed specifically designed for home based childcare providers. I don't use all the features, and there is a bit of a learning curve if you aren't tech savvy, but I've been impressed so far.
I did see that one, but it is not web based. My fear is that I recently lost my computer, it just crashed and everything went down with it. So now i am having to start all over again with everything.....

But it did seem very promising.

can you tell me what kind of device your parents sign in on??
spedmommy4 06:57 PM 07-07-2015
Childcare sage isn't web based but it does back up to their database and gives you the option to save to an external hard drive as well. I purchased a terabyte (sp?) drive at Costco for under $100.

My parents sign in and out on a Dell laptop. We only have an ipad and Childcare Sage isn't compatible with ipads.
daycare 07:32 PM 07-07-2015
Childcare sage isn't web based but it does back up to their database and gives you the option to save to an external hard drive as well. I purchased a terabyte (sp?) drive at Costco for under $100.

My parents sign in and out on a Dell laptop. We only have an ipad and Childcare Sage isn't compatible with ipads.
Do you know if it's windows based? Would a windows tablet work??
spedmommy4 07:54 PM 07-07-2015
Yes. Windows based. According to the time clock instructions, a windows based tablet would work.

http://www.childcaresage.com/pdfmanu..._Timeclock.pdf

If you need more info about the time clock part. It's linked to the main program but has a separate manual.
daycare 07:56 PM 07-07-2015
Thanks so much for all of your info on this I will have to check it out.

Does it bill late fees?
spedmommy4 02:50 AM 07-08-2015
Automatically? I'm not sure. I had all of my auto billing set up through mm and I'm still transitioning that part over. It let me set the individual rates, parent schedules, registration fees, (and date to bill) and the late fee amounts.
Blackcat31 06:24 AM 07-08-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
I need some help.

My daycare is growing and I can't find a program that will help me track everything that I need in a productive way.

I do use MMK, but it does not do what I need it to.

i am looking for a one stop shop

check kids in and out using a web-based program, (ipad or tablet system)
automatically bills late fees
all accounting in one place, automatically bills weekly, monthly and etc
wait list
able to use different rates for each family if needed
keep up on immunizations

most of all, I need everything I have now in one place. I am using 4 different programs and none of them communicate with each other, so at the end of the day, I am entering information into these 4 different programs, it's becoming too much for me and if I want to continue to grow and run my business at this rate, I will need to have a different system.

Anyone use a program that has these functions?
This member is looking for input for software development.
Perhaps, they could be of help to you.

https://www.daycare.com/forum/search...archid=3662208
284878 09:57 AM 07-08-2015
I tried one called Cake. It has an app and website. It was more info that I needed but it may work for you. It is free to try and use some portions.
renea 10:13 AM 07-08-2015
I use Sandbox for my childcare center. It is web based. We use tablets for parents to check in/out.

It does have a payment area. Im not sure if there is an automatic late fee component. Call and ask questions directly. They are very helpful and will tell you what is in development right now for added features.
daycare 10:17 AM 07-08-2015
Originally Posted by renea:
I use Sandbox for my childcare center. It is web based. We use tablets for parents to check in/out.

It does have a payment area. Im not sure if there is an automatic late fee component. Call and ask questions directly. They are very helpful and will tell you what is in development right now for added features.
Thanks for responding

I did check out sandbox but it was too expensive at $75 a month. But the program seemed great.
spedmommy4 10:39 AM 07-08-2015
Thanks for responding

I did check out sandbox but it was too expensive at $75 a month. But the program seemed great.
I did the free trial on Sandbox and was frustrated with the user interface. As an example, I don't like that I have to enroll siblings individually. With the program I use, all children in the same family are enrolled on the same screen. Easy, peasy.
daycare 10:44 AM 07-08-2015
I did the free trial on Sandbox and was frustrated with the user interface. As an example, I don't like that I have to enroll siblings individually. With the program I use, all children in the same family are enrolled on the same screen. Easy, peasy.
I am looking at childcare sage right now. it looks like what I want. I looked at it last year, but for some reason was so fixed on wanting web-based.... I am no longer making that a requirement for what I want as it seems like it is a very expensive option.

most of the web based are geared towards bigger preschools,, not like mine
spedmommy4 01:09 PM 07-08-2015
I am looking at childcare sage right now. it looks like what I want. I looked at it last year, but for some reason was so fixed on wanting web-based.... I am no longer making that a requirement for what I want as it seems like it is a very expensive option.

most of the web based are geared towards bigger preschools,, not like mine

I assume the expense of Web based stems from the ongoing subscription. Honestly, I am certain I would love Procare too but the cost is just out of sight.
daycare 01:51 PM 07-08-2015
I assume the expense of Web based stems from the ongoing subscription. Honestly, I am certain I would love Procare too but the cost is just out of sight.
i agree. It looks amazing, but the cost is not something I can afford with a small program.

thanks again, I am going to give sage a try....
MarinaVanessa 03:15 PM 07-08-2015
I tried Cake also and it sounds more like what you are looking for. The only drawback is that it takes a bit to set up and get used to. It's definitely more complicated than MMK and the cost depends on whether you want to use the EZ-Pay system, otherwise it says it's free. EDIT: I went to the website and tried to log in (haven't done it in a while) and it is not free ... they have different payment options. Monthly is $7.99 a month (most expensive) all the way through to $59.88 per year ($4.99 month, least expensive and does not include the ez-pay option) It does however allow you to bill automatically, adds late arrival fees automatically (can't remember if it automatically adds late payment fees or not), has a sign in app for parents to clock-in/out that you can use either on your computer or on a tablet/smart phone etc, is web based etc.

I think BlackCat might still use it. I don't use it currently but I'm thinking of going back to use it.

https://cakechildcare.com/cms/view/home

My husband is still taking courses to learn how to program so I'm giving him your list of requirements along with mine so he can create a program for family childcare providers. I told him it has to cost as much or less than MMK, but not more
daycare 03:27 PM 07-08-2015
I tired cake last year and it was down more than it was up....it was more like burnt cake....lol sorry if that was mean. I was very frustrated with the set up of the program. However I will say the man from Tech support was the nicest man in the world...we both have have accent and we were laughing at each other because we could not understand each other...it was funny.
MarinaVanessa 03:31 PM 07-08-2015
I tired cake last year and it was down more than it was up....it was more like burnt cake....lol sorry if that was mean. I was very frustrated with the set up of the program. However I will say the man from Tech support was the nicest man in the world...we both have have accent and we were laughing at each other because we could not understand each other...it was funny.
Well that's good to know!! I'd hate to use it and it not be working
Reply Up