Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare Under Investigation For Spanking
Country Kids 09:08 PM 02-17-2012
Just saw on MSN that a childcare is under investigation for spanking a child. It was in Kansas I believe. The lady has only had her license since July 2011. Curious to here more on this story.
cheerfuldom 09:17 PM 02-17-2012
do you have a link?
Country Kids 09:23 PM 02-17-2012
I'm not sure how to do links. It was on msn.com I believe. Nice to see someone else up still on here-
Meyou 03:33 AM 02-18-2012

Link for everyone to read.
Former Teacher 05:13 AM 02-18-2012
Is this the one you are referring to

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...-investigation
Meyou 06:04 AM 02-18-2012
Where did mine go?
mac60 06:33 AM 02-18-2012
First, they don't tell the whole story. Second, there is a BIG difference between corporal punishment and discipline. Third, no wonder kids are totally out of control these days. Parents dump them at daycare for 8 to 12 hours a day, and providers have no "supposedly right" to discipline. Will never understand this.
Kaddidle Care 06:37 AM 02-18-2012
"Seneca Police Chief John Covington told the station's website: “In this case, we strongly feel that the line was crossed between administering discipline and committing a criminal act.”

The child had "severe bruising on the upper back, buttocks, to the upper part of the bottom of the legs,” Covington told WYFF4.com. “Those injuries wouldn't have appeared from a single blow. It was obvious that corporal punishment went way too far.”
"

That's not a spanking, that's a beating. I hope she never works again as a child care provider.
SilverSabre25 07:10 AM 02-18-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
I'm not sure how to do links. It was on msn.com I believe. Nice to see someone else up still on here-
Well, the simplest way is to copy the link in the address bar and paste it into the reply box.

The slightly more complicated way is to copy the address, click that little button that looks like a globe (it's up at the top of this box I'm typing in, right about in the middle), and paste the link in the little box that pops up.
Kaddidle Care 03:14 PM 02-18-2012
Highlight what you want to copy (in this case the http in the address bar) and hit control C - then place your curser where you want it to be and hit control V. Done!

Just make sure you highlight the whole thing.

I was taught the Control C/Control V thing while doing data entry. Love it! Use it all the time.
NiNi.R. 12:35 PM 02-21-2012
WOW! this town is only 40 mins away from me. Different county but same state inspector. I'm curious to see what comes of this.
Tags:punishment, spanking
Reply Up