Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sit or Stand Potty Training
Lux 09:09 AM 02-28-2019
So I've got a two year old and his pee, most of it, gets cleaned up every time off the floor/toliet/his legs just ever.y Where BUT the toliet. 50 percent is the very most that ever gets into the toliet and this rare. He kind of will hold his penis down to the water if I guide his hand . But he's uncoordinated and doesn't really get it and it doesn't help.
Doesn't it seem like it would best for him to stand on a stool and aim? His mom likes/wants him to sit but I don't know why when like I said most of it is on the seat, his legs, and the floor and toliet EVERY TIME.
Standing is better though right?
Blackcat31 09:18 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Lux:
So I've got a two year old and his pee, most of it, gets cleaned up every time off the floor/toliet/his legs just ever.y Where BUT the toliet. 50 percent is the very most that ever gets into the toliet and this rare. He kind of will hold his penis down to the water if I guide his hand . But he's uncoordinated and doesn't really get it and it doesn't help.
Doesn't it seem like it would best for him to stand on a stool and aim? His mom likes/wants him to sit but I don't know why when like I said most of it is on the seat, his legs, and the floor and toliet EVERY TIME.
Standing is better though right?
I have boys sit backwards.

It creates a natural lean forward
All pee goes in toilet.

Honestly who cares what mom wants at your house...unless she's cleaning up the mess for you.

He can learn both standing and sitting and use which ever method works best in whatever environment he is in.
Lux 09:23 AM 02-28-2019
Genius! Ok thanks easy fix!
LittleExplorers 09:32 AM 02-28-2019
I have them sit backwards as well. When old enough, they can aim at a toilet sticker inside the toilet.
Hunni Bee 10:11 AM 02-28-2019
When I had ones young enough to potty train, everyone sat. I taught the boys to push it all the way down and squeeze their legs together. I never thought about having them sit backwards.

They gradually started standing up after a year or so. But I wasn't having little sleepy guys with no aim and barely anything TO aim spraying my bathroom down everyday after nap
e.j. 11:11 AM 02-28-2019
I do the backward sit, too. The grandmother of one of my dc kids gave me that hint years ago when her grandson was afraid to sit on the toilet seat. I've been training all the kids that way ever since. They don't feel as off-balance as they do sitting forward and, because like BC said, it makes their bodies lean in at just the right angle so the pee goes in the toilet. Eventually they get comfortable and decide to pee sitting forward but by then, they usually have everything under control.
jenboo 01:49 PM 02-28-2019
Another sit backwards here. It helps them to feel more secure too
Tags:potty training advice
Reply Up