Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Care.com Commercial
countrymom 02:49 PM 07-31-2012
I just saw it. Its for care.com it had a bunch of kids saying that they didn't want a nap, and the commerical goes on to say that they will find the perfect provider for you. I just found it odd that they would have a bunch of kids saying they didn't want a nap, even thou they looked under the age of 4.
Country Kids 02:52 PM 07-31-2012
OK who do we write to complain about the commercial and let them know that there are rules we follow concerning naps!

Things like this make me so made because obviously they didn't do any type of research before making it.
Breezy 03:03 PM 07-31-2012
I roll my eyes every time I see it!
Michelle 03:07 PM 07-31-2012
they will get some unprofessional teenage babysitter that will do it for a couple weeks then quit because they will be stressed out and tired from not having a break!
But, do what Johnny "wants"..

countrymom 03:42 PM 07-31-2012
I just thought it was funny because they are using the "nap" angle. Can you imagine if they use the "we only want to eat junk food" way. I wonder how many calls they would recieve then.
providerandmomof4 04:26 PM 07-31-2012
I know, that commercial kills me... I am a listed provider on Care.com and it seems to me that most people are needing a person to go into their home and have some unusual requests. ie, ...."stay with my wife and help her out with the kids, cleaning and cooking." I've only had one interested party through this site and after I chatted with her over the internet, she said my prices were too high for her to travel away from her side of town.
Unregistered 01:04 PM 08-03-2012
Originally Posted by providerandmomof4:
I know, that commercial kills me... I am a listed provider on Care.com and it seems to me that most people are needing a person to go into their home and have some unusual requests. ie, ...."stay with my wife and help her out with the kids, cleaning and cooking." I've only had one interested party through this site and after I chatted with her over the internet, she said my prices were too high for her to travel away from her side of town.
IN ORDER TO POST YOU LICENSED CHILDCARE SERVICES ON CARE.COM AND RECEIVE REFERRALS YOU HAVE TO POST AS A BUSINESS. I USED TO POST ON THE SIDE WHERE THERE WERE PARENTS LOOKING 4 NANNIES . NOW I GET REFERRALS ALL THE TIME..
Sunchimes 01:55 PM 08-03-2012
I got my first...and best...family from there. In fact, I'll go update my listing tonight since I lost a dck this week. Cost me a weeks pay and there is no way she is going to pay it. I'm not even going to fight because you can't get blood out of a turnip.

Anyway, I hope it works as well this time.
providerandmomof4 02:42 PM 08-03-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
IN ORDER TO POST YOU LICENSED CHILDCARE SERVICES ON CARE.COM AND RECEIVE REFERRALS YOU HAVE TO POST AS A BUSINESS. I USED TO POST ON THE SIDE WHERE THERE WERE PARENTS LOOKING 4 NANNIES . NOW I GET REFERRALS ALL THE TIME..
Thanks! I'm going to check out my listing right now....and try to post as a business. Feel a little silly that I didn't see that
Crazy8 02:54 PM 08-03-2012
I posted and they "denied" it I guess because I'm a home daycare but I see a ton of home daycare providers on there - they just don't come right out and say they are a home daycare - but deep in the paragraph they say they watch children in their home.

I haven't figured out HOW I can go about changing my listing to being a home daycare - do you have to pay for that???
mac60 02:39 PM 08-05-2012
Are you aware that if a family "finds" you on there, the family must pay $70 to get your information......
cheerfuldom 03:19 PM 08-05-2012
I dont advertise on there....but I do have an account and can reply to ads if it seems like the family is open to a home daycare. I havent ever actually gotten a family off the site. Most are looking for occasional babysitters around here.
providerandmomof4 09:25 AM 08-18-2012
I contacted the site and asked if they would release my email address from the care-giver listings because I want to advertise in the business section. They did and I was able to set up a small business ad. The business section doesn't allow you to provide much info, just basic information, but I guess if I wanted to upgrade and pay, I could do more. Still haven't been contacted by anyone interested in daycare from this site.
Fruitloops1 10:46 AM 08-18-2012
I tried posting my daycare as a business on care.com and there is an annual fee they wanted me to pay. I think it was about 300 a year?!?!? I have to double check as soon as I get home!
DayCareDynasty 07:02 PM 08-18-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Things like this make me so made because obviously they didn't do any type of research before making it.
I think there are a lot of companies who put forth their best effort to market to our profession however since they have not ever truly experienced the business day to day it is hard for them to gauge how to market to us or help us reach our client, our business involve sensitive characteristics that a lot of companies who offer providers advertising options do not recognize. Those characteristics play a big part in getting our phone to ring!

I would also like to suggest for everyone who is trying to acquire more clients right now to implement google+ local into your advertising because a lot of ppl are on the go and search for our services using mobile devices. Google+ automatically come up on your phone when you are searching for local services. Which places your day care right in front of the client
This a post I made that shows you a quick DIY set up for google+
https://www.daycare.com/forum/showth...ghlight=Google
Reply Up