Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Would You Do?
maelb05 05:01 PM 02-21-2019
I have a part time family (M and every other Th). Last week mom asked if they could come on Wednesday this week since I was closed for the holiday on Monday. I said yes and charged them for Monday and Wednesday. They were not scheduled for Thursday this week.
They ended up keeping the kids home on Wednesday because of the snowstorm. She texted today wondering if she still owed me for Wednesday since it is not a normally scheduled day for them and they didn't come. It got me thinking about whether or not I should still charge them for the day, since this situation has never happened come up before. Thoughts?
e.j. 09:13 PM 02-21-2019
If she were enrolled here, I wouldn't charge her for Wednesday.

Since she would be paying me for 2 days (her regular Monday/Thursday schedule) and not using any days this week because of the Monday holiday, the Wednesday storm and the Thursday she wasn't planning to bring her child, I'd give her a break and not charge her for a 3rd day she couldn't use. That's just me, though.
jenboo 04:09 AM 02-22-2019
I would charge for two days since you reserved two days for her child.
If she doesn't want to pay for wed then charge for their normal Thursday
Blackcat31 06:21 AM 02-22-2019
My families that use less than 5 days a week have two options:

For example Smith family comes 3 days a week

One set schedule/SAME days every week (M/W/F) = $40 per day/ $120 per week

The Jones family comes 3 days a week but different days each week = $47 per day/$141 per week

BOTH families have the option of adding an additional day or days to the week and attending 4 or 5 days if I have space but ONLY the Jones family can swap their days of attendance around each week because they pay for that option.
Ariana 06:28 AM 02-22-2019
I wouldn’t charge for the simple reason that I want to reinforce good behavior of not bringing kids during snowstorms.
maelb05 06:47 AM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I wouldn’t charge for the simple reason that I want to reinforce good behavior of not bringing kids during snowstorms.
I totally agree with this and do really appreciate a family who is willing to keep their children home is awful weather. I did let her know that I will not charge her for the day.
On the flip side I had both teacher families bring their children even though school was closed. Then one made it here for pickup right under the wire, stating "I had to wait for DCD to get home and shovel because I couldn't get out with all of the snow". I'm thinking..... You were home all day by yourself right?! You couldn't shovel?
e.j. 09:47 AM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by maelb05:
I'm thinking..... You were home all day by yourself right?! You couldn't shovel?
I bet her husband was thinking the same thing!
Tags:charge per day
Reply Up