Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Switching From Formula To Milk-Need Help With Feeding Schedule At Daycare
Newmom 03:18 PM 07-09-2012
Hello everybody,
I was hoping to get some help on a feeding schedule for my son.
He just turned 1 an we are currently working on switching him from formula to milk.
He is doing really good an has a great appetite for solid foods. ( We are passed the pure stage at this point)
We had a good schedule going but it is time to move on and I know that he will not be able to drink as much milk as formula like he is used to.
We are currently doing 20%formula 80% Milk Ratio so by next week we should be all milk.
Here is his schedule right now.
6-6:30 Morning Bottle 7 oz at Home
8-8:30 Breakfast at daycare
10-10:30- Bottle 5-6oz at daycare
12-12:30 Lunch w/snack at daycare
2-2:30 Bottle 5-6oz at Daycare
5-5:30 Dinner at Home
7:30-8pm Bottle at home 7oz

I know that once we go 100% milk it should be only as a drink so he can't drink 24 oz of it a day. My son acts so differently in daycare then he does at home. On the weekends he takes longer naps and I know when he is hungry and when he had enough. I guess what I'm scared of is to write a solid schedule and demend for them to follow it if I'm not sure myself. Also I know that it has to work for my son.
I also have to mantion that he is still in the infant room, they will not move him to the toddler room until end of August. I think once he moves to that room he will do a lot better with his naps and the schedule but what should I do for now.
I was trying to eliminate the 2pm bottle replace it with bigger snack like yogurt which I did at home and it worked . I wrote the new schedule including snack instead of bottle and nobody followed it. They still gave him bottle at 2pm. This is what got me to question myself? I'm a new mom with no experience and nobody to really ask fo advice those people are doing this for a long time but maybe because he is still in an infant room they are so used to just doing everything on demend. I was trying to ask one of the teachers as there is another boy in class 2 weeks younger then my son but she couldn't or didn;t want to give me any specifics about his feeding schedule. They just always say " Wirte the schedule"
I'm sorry about such a long post but I would really appreciate some imput.

PS. I also tried just sippy cup with milk but he will only drink water out of it milk he just spits it out.
Thank you
Up