Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Crushed Fingers Safety Product
Fishndive121 01:51 PM 08-06-2015
Wow, I do not normally write a review!

Our friends at have been instrumental in assisting us with protecting all of our doors with there There product; is affordable, it is quality made (in the USA) and it is easy to install! Beyond that they offer a 11 year warranty! This is by far the longest warranty that I have found when searching!

We searched online for a reputable dealer and Jamie and Maria were wonderful!

Has anyone else had any experience in purchasing these? Do you have them installed on all doors in the daycare or just classroom doors?
Thriftylady 02:27 PM 08-06-2015
Guess I am cheap, I just cut pool noodles and cut a slit in them lol.
bklsmum 02:31 PM 08-06-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Me too! $80 each door?! No thank you!
Blackcat31 02:58 PM 08-06-2015
Originally Posted by Fishndive121:
Wow, I do not normally write a review!

Our friends at have been instrumental in assisting us with protecting all of our doors with there There product; is affordable, it is quality made (in the USA) and it is easy to install! Beyond that they offer a 11 year warranty! This is by far the longest warranty that I have found when searching!

We searched online for a reputable dealer and Jamie and Maria were wonderful!

Has anyone else had any experience in purchasing these? Do you have them installed on all doors in the daycare or just classroom doors?

If you'd like to advertise on this site, please contact the owner and ask permission before posting/advertising.
AmyKidsCo 07:23 PM 08-06-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
If you'd like to advertise on this site, please contact the owner and ask permission before posting/advertising.

How blatantly obvious.
e.j. 07:26 PM 08-06-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
This is a great idea. Do they stay in well without falling off? Years ago, I attended a CPR/1st Aid class and the nurse who gave the class mentioned that she knew of kids who have had their fingers amputated when doors closed on them. Since then, I've drummed it into the kids that we don't touch the doors but I've always worred about the little ones who don't understand yet.
Baby Beluga 08:41 PM 08-06-2015
Originally Posted by e.j.:
This is a great idea. Do they stay in well without falling off? Years ago, I attended a CPR/1st Aid class and the nurse who gave the class mentioned that she knew of kids who have had their fingers amputated when doors closed on them. Since then, I've drummed it into the kids that we don't touch the doors but I've always worred about the little ones who don't understand yet.
Many many years ago when I worked at a center I was bringing my preschool class inside. There was a very heavy door leading from my classroom to the playground - as we were coming in one of the boys put his hand in the door jamb, the door snapped shut with his finger in the door. His finger was in terrible shape. Skin was torn but thankfully nothing as broken (or amputated). I felt absolutely awful, but thankfully he was okay all things considered.

Yes, the pool noodles work great! My DC room is in the front of the house. When the weather is nice we keep the big front door open to allow the fresh air to come through the security door. I have a rug by the door that children are not allowed on unless they have a parent's hand but I also use a pool noodle. So far so good! I even painted it the same color as my front door so it blended in
Thriftylady 09:12 PM 08-06-2015
The pool noodles work great, and it is getting to be the time of year they are marked down to get rid of at end of season. I always buy a few. The slide on and off the door easily, and at nap time when the doors and windows are open they keep the breeze from slamming the doors shut and waking sleeping littles.
Michael 04:45 PM 08-10-2015
I spoke with the member. While this is an advertisement but I believe the product would be helpful in helping to protect children and I will allow this thread. My suggestion for OP would be to show some pictures and how they work with caption. OP, use this style only in this thread. Please do not continue to start new threads or posts.

Two recent lawsuits regarding finger injuries resulted in settlements of $725,000 and $600,000, respectively. NOTE: In neither of these instances was the finger lost...both were successfully reattached. Finger Shield Door Hinge Guards could have AND WOULD HAVE prevented this accident. Finger Shield Door Hinge Guards reduce your liability.

http://www.fingershieldusa.com/products/
Attached: ScreenHunter_106 Aug. 10 16.41.jpg (72.9 KB) 
Tags:door protection, fingers, safety
Reply Up